The official Horror fan topic

Rip

7 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

4 days and 8 movies down. Going pretty well this year. We skipped The Haunting because of the amount of alcohol it took to get through Crimson Peak. Absolutely gorgeous film, but wasted on a lame story and bad acting. Which is weird because all of those actors are very good (except Charlie Hunnam...I can't stand him)

I didn't mind the story that much although it was predictable. What got me was the CGI ghosts. It was such a beautiful film and great set, I wish they had reeled back on the ghosts and went with something more practical.

41 minutes ago, tonyregret said:

I didn't mind the story that much although it was predictable. What got me was the CGI ghosts. It was such a beautiful film and great set, I wish they had reeled back on the ghosts and went with something more practical.

Yea real ghost would have been dope...but only if there was such a thing

I'm steadily making progress as far as my personal list goes. Just finished two that were on it, both called the Uninvited (2008 and 2009). Completely different stories, just the same title. The 2008 film was God awful haha but the second was pretty interesting, if you're into thrillers. The score stood out and as far as aesthetics go it was a beautiful movie.  Emily Browning was definitely a good pick as the lead.  The end is gonna have me stressed out for a while.

3 hours ago, Han Solo said:

I'm steadily making progress as far as my personal list goes. Just finished two that were on it, both called the Uninvited (2008 and 2009). Completely different stories, just the same title. The 2008 film was God awful haha but the second was pretty interesting, if you're into thrillers. The score stood out and as far as aesthetics go it was a beautiful movie.  Emily Browning was definitely a good pick as the lead.  The end is gonna have me stressed out for a while.

Try watching the Korean film "A Tale Of Two Sisters."  The Uninvited (2009) was a remake of it.  It's sooooo good.  So much better than the pointless US remake.

Last night I watched Behind The Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon. It never disappoints me. Nate Baesal is just so likable in the documentary portion of the film. I love the little cameos from horror greats. The writers put a lot of heart into the script and it shows.

Tonight I think I am going to watch We Are Still Here.

Since the last update, we've randomly drawn:

- Sleep Tight (my fiancée's)

- Children Of The Corn (my fiancée's)

- Over Your Dead Body (mine)

- The Hallow (mine)

We're having a lot of fun with this.  Fiancée HATE The Hallow though, which I didn't understand.  Reminded me of The Last Of Us.

On 10/7/2016 at 6:25 PM, FiggyPuddling said:

Since the last update, we've randomly drawn:

- Sleep Tight (my fiancée's)

- Children Of The Corn (my fiancée's)

- Over Your Dead Body (mine)

- The Hallow (mine)

We're having a lot of fun with this.  Fiancée HATE The Hallow though, which I didn't understand.  Reminded me of The Last Of Us.

I really dug The Hallow, it was more of a Body/horror film than I expected it to be. It had a great creepy vibe. 

Yesterday i watched The Omen and Texas Chainsaw 3D. I was pleasantly surprised with chainsaw, I have never been a huge fan of that franchise and I thought this was one of the better films in it.

• 2 weeks later...

About 4 years ago, all 10 Hellraiser movies were on Netflix and my fiancé and I watched every single one in the span of two weeks.  

The first two movies are great and the rest are awful but worth watching as fodder for your own How Did This Get Made episode amongst your spouse/gf/bf/friends.  There is a young Adam Scott cameo in the 4th movie (the last one to be released in theaters) and I believe sequels 5 through 9 are made from non-Hellraiser scripts that were hi-jacked to randomly include Pinhead and cenobites- they are really bad straight-to-Cinemax horror movies where Pinhead shows up 3 times, kills random people, then makes a weird speech at the end before killing the main people.  The 10th sequel was written and shot and edited in like 6 months because the studio had to make a movie within a certain time limit to retain the Hellraiser rights.  Doug Bradley, the dude who plays Pinhead, is not in the movie.  Some young dude is Pinhead.  It's weird and probably the least insane/most boring of all the movies.

1 hour ago, richardsurf said:

About 4 years ago, all 10 Hellraiser movies were on Netflix and my fiancé and I watched every single one in the span of two weeks.  

The first two movies are great and the rest are awful but worth watching as fodder for your own How Did This Get Made episode amongst your spouse/gf/bf/friends.  There is a young Adam Scott cameo in the 4th movie (the last one to be released in theaters) and I believe sequels 5 through 9 are made from non-Hellraiser scripts that were hi-jacked to randomly include Pinhead and cenobites- they are really bad straight-to-Cinemax horror movies where Pinhead shows up 3 times, kills random people, then makes a weird speech at the end before killing the main people.  The 10th sequel was written and shot and edited in like 6 months because the studio had to make a movie within a certain time limit to retain the Hellraiser rights.  Doug Bradley, the dude who plays Pinhead, is not in the movie.  Some young dude is Pinhead.  It's weird and probably the least insane/most boring of all the movies.

I think that the first 2 Hellraisers are among the best horror films ever made. Part III is fun simply to watch Pinhead unleashed, and it has the best budget out of the series. The 4th movie could have been really good, but it was butchered by executives and didn't live up to the original script. 

I like Inferno and Hellseeker. Inferno was an early writing/directorial job by Scott Derrickson, who would go on to do Exorcism of Emily Rose and Deliver Us From Evil. I like that it didn't focus on Pinhead and attempted to go back to the original roots of the series. Hellseeker gets points for bringing back Ashley Laurence and the Chatterer cenobite. 7-9 aren't very good at all, although Hellworld was the first original sequel script since part 4. 

I am cautiously optimistic for the new movie, Hellraiser Judgement. The new actor playing Pinhead looks like a youthful Doug Bradley. I like the concept of introducing different elements of hell's minions aside from cenobites. 

14 minutes ago, tonyregret said:

I think that the first 2 Hellraisers are among the best horror films ever made. Part III is fun simply to watch Pinhead unleashed, and it has the best budget out of the series. The 4th movie could have been really good, but it was butchered by executives and didn't live up to the original script. 

I like Inferno and Hellseeker. Inferno was an early writing/directorial job by Scott Derrickson, who would go on to do Exorcism of Emily Rose and Deliver Us From Evil. I like that it didn't focus on Pinhead and attempted to go back to the original roots of the series. Hellseeker gets points for bringing back Ashley Laurence and the Chatterer cenobite. 7-9 aren't very good at all, although Hellworld was the first original sequel script since part 4. 

I am cautiously optimistic for the new movie, Hellraiser Judgement. The new actor playing Pinhead looks like a youthful Doug Bradley. I like the concept of introducing different elements of hell's minions aside from cenobites. 

Had no idea they were doing a new one.  Thanks for the heads up.  I was all about that Pinhead homage at the end of Cabin in the Woods.

Since my last post I've watched: 

• As Above, So Below (2014)

• The Silenced (2015)

• The Invisible Man (1933)

• Creature From The Black Lagoon (1954)

• The Fly (1958)

• Carrie (1976)

• Trick R Treat (2007)

• Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde (1941)

Does anyone have any special Halloween plans this year? My local theatre is showing The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I've actually never been to a live version so I think that'll be really cool. 

3 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Best buy is having a decent sale on movies...just picked Up killer clowns From outer space and return of the living dead on Blu ray for 6.99 each

They really are.  I grabbed Beetlejuice and Tusk on blu-ray the other day for like $6.99 each.  There were some other things I wanna go back and get.

• 3 weeks later...

Selling a bunch of movies for my friend. His collection is the biggest I've ever seen. Helping him sell his doubles (purchased again on Bluray, or boxsets, etc.) in exchange for a bunch I got to keep for my own collection.

Ebay flagged this and pulled it. "You listed a copy of the movie "A Serbian Film", which is not permitted on our site due to its graphic depictions of rape, necrophilia, and violence"

I know it's a long shot. Anybody interested? I could do $13 shipped in the US. It's the uncut edition . Digital copy is already used. I'd keep it for myself but I already own the 3 disc Bluray/DVD/Soundtrack Uncut edition. Comes from a collector, in perfect shape.

Serbian%20Film%20Uncut%20DVD%20NO%20DIGI

UPDATE: SOLD

Edited by kylet

6 hours ago, kylet said:

Selling a bunch of movies for my friend. His collection is the biggest I've ever seen. Helping him sell his doubles (purchased again on Bluray, or boxsets, etc.) in exchange for a bunch I got to keep for my own collection.

Ebay flagged this and pulled it. "You listed a copy of the movie "A Serbian Film", which is not permitted on our site due to its graphic depictions of rape, necrophilia, and violence"

I know it's a long shot. Anybody interested? I could do $13 shipped in the US. It's the uncut edition . Digital copy is already used. I'd keep it for myself but I already own the 3 disc Bluray/DVD/Soundtrack Uncut edition. Comes from a collector, in perfect shape.

Serbian%20Film%20Uncut%20DVD%20NO%20DIGI

Ugh so tempting... I have the regular DVD release, but I really want the uncut one.  Then again, if I were to buy it again, I'd prefer to grab the blu-ray.  Can you still get the 3-disc one anywhere?

31 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Ugh so tempting... I have the regular DVD release, but I really want the uncut one.  Then again, if I were to buy it again, I'd prefer to grab the blu-ray.  Can you still get the 3-disc one anywhere?

Bluray/DVD/Soundtrack comes to $36 shipped
http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/Cult-Favorites/Serbian-Film-(Uncut-3-Disc-LE)-(CD[sl]DVD[sl]Blu~Ray-All-Region).html

If you're not looking to spend that much $13 shipped for the DVD is a great price. I just can't sell it on ebay so I'm selling it for less than it's worth to try and move it.

Anyone else been watching "Channel Zero: Candle Cove" on the SyFy channel?  Tomorrow night is the last episode of the season.

It's only a 6 episode mini-series, but it's been about the Creepypasta "Candle Cove."  Next season is already confirmed as being about the Creepypasta "No End House."

I'm really, really enjoying it.  It's incredibly creepy, and I don't get creeped out that easily.

I highly recommend it.

14 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Anyone else been watching "Channel Zero: Candle Cove" on the SyFy channel?  Tomorrow night is the last episode of the season.

It's only a 6 episode mini-series, but it's been about the Creepypasta "Candle Cove."  Next season is already confirmed as being about the Creepypasta "No End House."

I'm really, really enjoying it.  It's incredibly creepy, and I don't get creeped out that easily.

I highly recommend it.

I've been thinking about it because the ads were interesting so I added it to my list. Glad someone likes it!

It's really funny cause a while ago, my wife was like "I just wish they would do a show about Creepypasta's or r/NoSleep's,"then soon after, we found out about this!

Although I admit I would be more partial to a "Twilight Zone/Tales From The Crypt" type format.  It's cool seeing them do a whole season about a certain story.

Edited by FiggyPuddling

They started doing this thing in Buffalo called Thursday Night Terrors.  It's pretty cool. Tickets are cheap too, only $7 bucks. Once a month they show a horror movie on the big screen.  Last night was Phantasm II. They have a couple of vendors set up selling t-shirts/toys/etc., and a raffle. Grabbed a few tickets to the raffle last night and won! I was so happy haha. The next and final one for the season is The Thing on 12/15. Can't wait!
My prize pack included:
- IT (Bluray)
- Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors NECA figure
- Mystery Horror Funko (which ended up being the Jason/Roy Part 5)
- A few other small trinkets (Silver Shamrock pog thing, Nightmare on Elm Street Marbles)  
Me%20Raffle%20Winner%20Thursday%20Night%

Edited by kylet

22 minutes ago, kylet said:

They started doing this thing in Buffalo called Thursday Night Terrors.  It's pretty cool. Tickets are cheap too, only $7 bucks. Once a month they show a horror movie on the big screen.  Last night was Phantasm II. They have a couple of vendors set up selling t-shirts/toys/etc., and a raffle. Grabbed a few tickets to the raffle last night and won! I was so happy haha. The next and final one for the season is The Thing on 12/15. Can't wait!
My prize pack included:
- IT (Bluray)
- Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors NECA figure
- Mystery Horror Funko (which ended up being the Jason/Roy Part 5)
- A few other small trinkets (Silver Shamrock pog thing, Nightmare on Elm Street Marbles)  
Me%20Raffle%20Winner%20Thursday%20Night%

So cool.  And that Fright-Rags shirt...

• 4 weeks later...
On November 14, 2016 at 8:04 PM, FiggyPuddling said:

I highly recommend it.

I've been watching it and really enjoying it as well. 

Anybody into prints? I won these in a raffle. Don't really have the space for more prints and I'm pretty sure my wife would loose it if I framed and hung more stuff haha. Make me an offer on any/all of these and they're yours. I can grab a poster tube to mail these in so they don't get bent.

Billy%20Print_zpsmcicbfch.jpg
Saw - Billy The Puppet Print
Nathan Thomas Milliner

11"x14"

Walkling%20Dead%20Angel%20of%20Death%20P
Walkling%20Dead%20Angel%20of%20Death%20P
The Walking Dead - Angel of Death

Andrew Cieslinkski

12"x18"
Signed by the Artist

Numbered - 48/50

Walking%20Dead%20Lotus%20Print_zpsobfn10