The official Horror fan topic

Rip

hey horror homies, a little shameless plug, we started a little enamel pin co. and went live today, of course its all horror themed and our first 2 releases are mash ups. im already working on some more cool designs so keep a look out!

Electric Grave Studios

Watched Prevenge last night.  I wouldn't say it was bad (it mostly kept my attention), it just seemed a bit uninspired.  The music and the cinematography felt very familiar.  The story was ok, but not too memorable.  I think if it would have leaned much harder into dark comedy, it would've worked better.  Not a bad film, just not a very unique one.

5 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Watched Prevenge last night.  I wouldn't say it was bad (it mostly kept my attention), it just seemed a bit uninspired.  The music and the cinematography felt very familiar.  The story was ok, but not too memorable.  I think if it would have leaned much harder into dark comedy, it would've worked better.  Not a bad film, just not a very unique one.

Just looked it up.  Sounds pretty interesting.  Will have to look into it.

Anybody ever been to Salt City Horror Fest before?
SaltCityHorror_zpswhkd7gnp.jpg

I'm going next weekend. Small film fest/convention that shows a bunch of stuff on 35mm and has some guests for Q+A's, signings, etc. If they're not charging for autographs I wanna get the composer of Re-animator to sign my vinyl.

Edited by kylet

4 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

So abattoir was dreadful. Had an original premise but the writing sucked. Also the acting sucked too, I cannot take Joe Anderson serious. The last 30 mins almost makes up for the rest of the movie but nope.

Thanks for the thoughts on it!  Sounds like you saved me about 90 minutes :) 

1 hour ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Anyone see anything good lately? We watched "the void" last night and I thoroughly enjoy the shit out of it.

Watched an old 80's slasher called "The Mutilator" the other night.  Pretty damn great.  Straight up terrible acting and great effects.

Also watched "Bloodsucking Bastards."  It was okay at best.  Effects were pretty awesome but a lot of the humor was just "dumb" and not very funny to me.

2 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Watched an old 80's slasher called "The Mutilator" the other night.  Pretty damn great.  Straight up terrible acting and great effects.

Also watched "Bloodsucking Bastards."  It was okay at best.  Effects were pretty awesome but a lot of the humor was just "dumb" and not very funny to me.

I agree on both of those. Haven't seen mutilator in a while...could be fun to revisit it.