The official Horror fan topic

Rip

Here's what else I watched over the course of the week.  It's been nice and gloomy here, which has been great justification for watching a ton of movies.

Hatchet III - Probably my least favorite, but still quite enjoyable.  Very ready for Victor Crowley to come out!

Society - Fun / kind of goofy for the first hour and then some great and very gross practical effects for the last 30 minutes.

Re-Animator - Society had me in the mood for more practical effects and I don't recall the last time I watched this.  Think they also share a producer.

The Untamed - Expected this to be more of a horror film, was mostly a slightly dull dark drama with a minor horror / sci-fi element.

57 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

Bought The Killing of a Sacred Deer recently.  Hopefully the wife and I will get a chance to watch it soon.  I’ve loved everything this director has done so I’m excited.

I think it's the best thing he's done since Dogtooth.  He has another movie coming out this year, but he didn't write it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5083738/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1

Anyone else hear about the new A24 horror film coming out called “Hereditary?”  It premiered at Sundance recently and people are saying it’s one of the scariest films to come out in a long time.  I know those words get thrown around a lot, but A24 hasn’t let me down yet, especially when it comes to horror. They know their shit.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3480180/sundance-film-hereditary-getting-buzz-scariest-horror-movie-years/

1 hour ago, FiggyPud said:

Anyone else hear about the new A24 horror film coming out called “Hereditary?”  It premiered at Sundance recently and people are saying it’s one of the scariest films to come out in a long time.  I know those words get thrown around a lot, but A24 hasn’t let me down yet, especially when it comes to horror. They know their shit.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3480180/sundance-film-hereditary-getting-buzz-scariest-horror-movie-years/

As soon as this is available to watch online somewhere I’m gonna check it out. I’ve heard very good things as well. Should be interesting! 

Edited by Han Solo

1 hour ago, FiggyPud said:

I'm pretty excited for it.  I want to say it's getting it's theatrical release in the summer, but I might be remembering incorrectly.

Edited by jonrawks

On 1/28/2018 at 1:00 PM, FiggyPud said:

Bought The Killing of a Sacred Deer recently.  Hopefully the wife and I will get a chance to watch it soon.  I’ve loved everything this director has done so I’m excited.

I really liked it. Very weird, I'd say it's a hair better than The Lobster.

Not sure how I feel about his next movie, seeing as he didn't write it. Seems kinda like a "job" more than anything. Good for him though.

11 hours ago, The Butcha said:

Not horror but a comedy about vampires..What We Do In The Shadows is damn hilarious. 

They're doing a few spin-offs.  FX picked up a TV show in the world, there's a NZ show in the works based on the cops, the werewolves are getting a movie and supposedly they're working on a sequel.  Hoping they don't over milk this cow...

Here are my weekday watches

Little Evil - I got a few real good laughs out of this, but nothing special overall.  Decent movie to kick on and half pay attention to.

Dig Two Graves - This started strong and got progressively worse to the point where I was mad that I watched it.  Think the premise was good, but it had too much going on for such a short movie.  Either needed to trim some story out or give it a longer runtime to explore everything it had going on.  Might have worked better as a 3-4 hour mini-series and a different (less cheesy) ending.

Therapy for a Vampire - This wasn't hilarious, but I found it amusing and fairly clever the entire time.  Had a Tim Burton (or maybe Christopher Moore) tone to it.

Thelma - I really liked this.  I watched it last night and I'm still processing it a bit.  Well crafted psychokinetic movie.