The official Horror fan topic

Rip

4 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Fuck, I'm gonna go see Truth or Dare. Been using the Regal app to keep track of my points (seriously, movie pass plus the Regal points club is the best) and today it informed me that if you see Truth or Dare, Breaking In, The First Purge, and the new Halloween you get a bunch of extra points, a free popcorn, and digital downloads of all 4 movies. I planned on seeing Purge and Halloween and since the cost of seeing the other 2 is $0 I'll waste my time for that free shit.

Let us know how it is!

3 hours ago, stranaspank said:

Finally saw Quiet Place too, absolutely loved it. Definite house goals. I think Hereditary will likely be my favorite of the year, but Quiet Place is going to make it difficult to choose.

I loved seeing the Hereditary trailer on the big screen.  Got me even more hyped for it.  My most anticipated of the year for sure.

11 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Unsurprisingly Truth or Dare was shit.

Could have been fun, but they reaaalllly aimed it for the PG13 crowd. Not just in the PG13 friendly gore, the whole thing is like a teen soap opera. I don't know a current one to reference. Dawson's Creek?

knew it, unfortunately

11 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Anyone else read the trailer description for the new Halloween? I'm pretty stoked that they're just throwing out every sequel (even though I liked some of them).

yea, from what I read awhile back, they are ignoring a lot of it and is more of a direct sequel. and carpenters back from the music so I'm super happy with this. supposedly its going to be "scary" so that's a plus.

1 hour ago, KingTacoMunster said:

not sure if it was talked about but has anyone wanted Residue on Netflix? Seems interesting but a lot of people said it made no sense at all...debating on checking it out.

Yeah it was alright.  It’s been quite a while but from I remember it either ended pretty abruptly or it left on a big cliffhanger.

But I mean... the main reason my wife and I watched it in the first place is because we’re big Iwan Rheon fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Downrange last night and thought it was fun.  Acting is pretty weak, but it was real violent and overall entertaining.  Doesn't waste any time and kept me engaged for the whole ~90 minutes.

Edit : Also watched Beyond the Woods last week and it was REAL bad.  Friend and I were drinking and managed to have a few laughs with it, but it's a real stinker of a movie.

Edited by jonrawks

22 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I want to see that Von Trier joint, but I'm really bummed to see that there seems to be animal torture in it.

I mean, it's going to have extremely brutal sadistic and graphic violence against humans...but come on...leave that duckling alone bruh.

At least find solace in that it’ll all be fake.  Not like you’ll be watching Cannibal Holocaust.