The official Horror fan topic

Rip

It's not really horror, but everyone should go see Sorry to Bother You. The less you know, the better.

The best I can explain it is it's like if Get Out and Idiocracy were the same movie, but done in the style of early 00s indie flicks like Eternal Sunshine and Being John Malkovich.

It's not perfect, but my criticisms are irrelevant because I just want people to go see it. We need more legit fucking weird movies like this. 

10 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

It's not really horror, but everyone should go see Sorry to Bother You. The less you know, the better.

The best I can explain it is it's like if Get Out and Idiocracy were the same movie, but done in the style of early 00s indie flicks like Eternal Sunshine and Being John Malkovich.

It's not perfect, but my criticisms are irrelevant because I just want people to go see it. We need more legit fucking weird movies like this. 

Backed! Very Spike Jonze/Michel Gondry, but it knows it. I'm excited to see what Boots does next.

12 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

That and the new Unfriended are the next two I want to see, glad to hear it's worth watching.  Stanfield has been great in everything I've seen him in too, he's reason enough to see it.

On 7/20/2018 at 12:07 PM, jonrawks said:

the new Unfriended 

I loved it! Unfortunately the trailer gave away EVERYTHING, so if you've been able to avoid it this far you're better off. But definitely liked it way more than I expected too. Felt a little like The Den meets Poughkeepsie Tapes.

1 hour ago, kylet said:

I loved it! Unfortunately the trailer gave away EVERYTHING, so if you've been able to avoid it this far you're better off. But definitely liked it way more than I expected too. Felt a little like The Den meets Poughkeepsie Tapes.

That's lame. Still might waste 90 minutes on it (yay moviepass) but that's a bummer.

I guess there are two different endings that play "at random"

4 hours ago, kylet said:

Ah bummer.  I tend to avoid trailers, but I caught this one before The First Purge.

3 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

That's lame. Still might waste 90 minutes on it (yay moviepass) but that's a bummer.

Same here.  I'd wait until I could watch it at home if it wasn't for MoviePass.

I watched Ruin Me today and it wasn't very good.  Trying to do too many things and not really executing any of them well.

With moviepass I've seen a bunch of shit I wouldn't have even bothered pirating. I'd normally never bother with something like Unfriended or Truth or Dare unless they ended up with crazy positive buzz. But I really like how actually going to see a movie in the theater limits your options.  When I'm paying $14 a pop I'm only going to see stuff I really want to see. With MP it's like "Ah well let's see what's playing..."

I really hope they don't go under because it's really reignited my love of seeing movies in the theater "just because"

I'm really glad I got a year up front, because I don't have to deal with the "peak pricing" thing until January. I typically can only catch showings that start between 6:30 and 8 which I assume will pretty much always apply to those showtimes.

21 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I guess there are two different endings that play "at random"

Yeah moviepass is great. I live 5 minutes from a regal so I usually go a couple times a week. 

I also try to avoid trailers of the new A24, and huge horror releases of stuff I know I'm gonna see, but I also caught the trailer for unfriended before something in the theater and didn't both to get up from my seat because I didn't expect it to be anything I'd be that excited for. I was wrong, it was awesome. 

I also wouldn't say it's wasted time if you see it. It's still very entertaining, just know all the kills are shown in that preview. 

That's awesome about the 2 endings. I got 

Spoiler

the ending with the main dude buried in the coffin and his girlfriend standing above ground where they buried him. I loved how it ended. What's the other one?

Edited by kylet

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, kylet said:

Finally caught up on all my unwatched blurays/watch lists.

Looking for a new show, watched the pilot episode of Slasher. Not bad, pretty good gore. Anybody watch this? Is it worth my time committing to the entire series?

was debating on watching this also...

On 8/9/2018 at 9:31 AM, kylet said:

Finally caught up on all my unwatched blurays/watch lists.

Looking for a new show, watched the pilot episode of Slasher. Not bad, pretty good gore. Anybody watch this? Is it worth my time committing to the entire series?

My wife and I started this on recommendation from the Shock Waves podcast but we couldn't get past the first episode because of how painfully Canadian it is. Although I've heard season two (each season is a self contained story) is much better.