The Official Horror Thread

Rip

On 7/20/2019 at 7:33 PM, Rip said:

Most recent “Into The Dark” was absolutely the worst one yet.  I mean... none of the “episodes” are amazing.  But almost all of them are at least entertaining and fun to watch. I can’t think of a single redeeming thing about this one.  MAYBE Barbara Crampton being in it, but even then, it’s not like she played a super big part.

I didn't mind it, but it wasn't my favorite by any stretch.  It reminded me of Get Out a little too much though, that'd be my biggest complaint.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven’t been on this tread too much but does anybody here collect/sell/trade horror vhs?

is this the place for that?

im a huge horror fan/collector and I’m looking to buy/trade some tapes. I have a huge box of tapes I have duplicates of I’m trying to get rid of but I’d like them to go to a good home and possibly expand my collection as well.

13 minutes ago, Rottengoth said:

Haven’t been on this tread too much but does anybody here collect/sell/trade horror vhs?

is this the place for that?

im a huge horror fan/collector and I’m looking to buy/trade some tapes. I have a huge box of tapes I have duplicates of I’m trying to get rid of but I’d like them to go to a good home and possibly expand my collection as well.

I have some tapes that I could part with. Notably: Friday the 13th 1,2 and 3. Dawn of the Dead, Blair Witch and a sealed copy of Season of the Witch.  

• 2 weeks later...

Guy I work with was nice enough to give me his Shudder login so it’s pretty awesome having access to even more horror all the time.  Haven’t watched much on it yet, but the wife and I watch “Terrified” last night.

Goddamn that movie was creepy as fuck.  Think of it as a mixture of “Hereditary” and “Paranormal Activity” (minus the found footage stuff).   I believe it just came out last year and Guillermo Del Toro has already confirmed he’ll be the producer of an American remake.  Completely unnecessary of course but still kind of cool.

Edited by Rip

On 8/23/2019 at 2:52 PM, dawhizz said:

Finally saw Midsommar and really liked it, more than Hereditary (which I thought had some silly aspects I had trouble getting past).  Can't wait to rewatch and try to take in the relevance of the art in it. 

You have some silly aspects I have trouble getting past!

jk but heredity is perfect, glad you liked Midsommar.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Rip said:

Wife and I started watching “Marianne” on Netflix the other night.  Only 2 episodes in but goddamn is it creepy at times.  There needs to be more French horror shows.

I thought that one was pretty good!!! I finished it in about three days. 

On 9/18/2019 at 1:48 PM, Rip said:

Wife and I started watching “Marianne” on Netflix the other night.  Only 2 episodes in but goddamn is it creepy at times.  There needs to be more French horror shows.

I've been curious about it, but I'm already so inundated with things to watch.  A positive review doesn't help any! ;)

2 hours ago, Han Solo said:

I'm sure you've all seen already that Sid Haig passed away, but its such a bummer. I hope they got all of his scenes shot for 3 from Hell. He always had memorable performances

I haven't seen it yet, but apparently he isn't in it too much because of his health problems at the time.  I'll just have to try my best to savor every second when I finally see it.

Creepshow starts on Shudder tomorrow.  Pretty interested to see how it is.

Also, for those who’ve heard of or have wanted to see the Midsommar directors cut, apparently it’s only getting a physical release in the UK.  Preorder up on Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WDDMBW6/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item_image

20 hours ago, Rip said:

Also, for those who’ve heard of or have wanted to see the Midsommar directors cut, apparently it’s only getting a physical release in the UK.  Preorder up on Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WDDMBW6/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item_image

It's supposed to be available through iTunes (or whatever Apple's video store is called these days) too.

• Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread