The official Horror fan topic

Rip

13 hours ago, Rip said:

Oh yeah I knew that.  But the only PHYSICAL release is from the UK.  Forgot to mention that you will need a region free player for it though.

Hopefully Aster will release another movie to make this a pseudo trilogy and then release a directors cut box set. 

Isn’t there going to be a Hereditary sequel of sorts?

Edited by museummouth

29 minutes ago, museummouth said:

Hopefully Aster will release another movie to make this a pseudo trilogy and then release a directors cut box set. 

Isn’t there going to be a Hereditary sequel of sorts?

I hope there isn’t a sequel.  I mean if there is, he better be the one that makes it.  That’s one of if my my favorite horror film in recent memory.

1 hour ago, Rip said:

I hope there isn’t a sequel.  I mean if there is, he better be the one that makes it.  That’s one of if my my favorite horror film in recent memory.

I read he’s going to do it and it’ll be based on the Paimon cult and it might take place a long time before the original. 

On 9/18/2019 at 4:48 PM, Rip said:

Wife and I started watching “Marianne” on Netflix the other night.  Only 2 episodes in but goddamn is it creepy at times.  There needs to be more French horror shows.

Started this last night as well and really enjoying it. Although the English dub kinda sucks. 

1 hour ago, museummouth said:

Started this last night as well and really enjoying it. Although the English dub kinda sucks. 

That’s what my wife said too.  I didn’t really notice anything off, then again I didn’t take like... 4 years of French like she did.

42 minutes ago, dawhizz said:

Any checked out "Two Sentence Horror Stories" on Netflix? I saw it pop up the other day and I'll probably check it out some night when I'm looking for something short.

Never saw anything about this.  Will look into for sure though.

5 hours ago, Rip said:

Anyone watch the first episode of the new Creepshow series?  It was really damn good.  First story kind of fell flat for me at the very end but the buildup was great.  Second story was really creepy and well done.

I watched it on Friday night and thought it was fun.  I liked the second story a lot more, but had a good time with it as a whole.

I also watched Crawl this weekend.  As long as you don't over think it or try to make it something it's not, it's a blast!

My first week of 31 horror movies in Oct. wasn't too bad.  Luz was the clear winner of the newer movies, but Depraved was fairly good as well.

1. Hell House LLC III : Lake of Fire

2. Depraved

3. Luz

4. Into the Dark : Uncanny Annie

5. In the Tall Grass

6. Friday the 13th : Part III

7. House of 1000 Corpses

9 hours ago, Rip said:

Watched the second episode of Creepshow last night.  It was fun/entertaining I guess but not nearly as good as the first episode.

I actually loved the second story from episode two. I thought it was super fun and really funny.

I hope the trend continues with the first story being more of a classic/creature feature type story and the second being more high concept. 

Week 2 of 31 for 31.

Little Monsters was the standout this week.  I also watched the Wrinkles the Clown documentary and think most horror fans would find it worth their time.

8. The Hills Have Eyes Part II

9. Skinner

10. Terrifier

11. Little Monsters

12. The Cannibal Club

13. Hack-O-Lantern

14. The Devil's Rejects - Director's Cut

35 minutes ago, Rip said:

Watched “In the Tall Grass” the other day.  Not too bad I suppose.  It had its moments, but I wish I would’ve read the story first.  Like most King adaptations, I hear the story is better.

It kind of felt like the made for TV King adaptations I remember watching in the 90s.  Not really a knock, just didn't really feel like it had the production value of something that would've received a theatrical release.

I wish it had more focus on the time loop and less Patrick Wilson mad man.

Edited by jonrawks

9 hours ago, jonrawks said:

It kind of felt like the made for TV King adaptations I remember watching in the 90s.  Not really a knock, just didn't really feel like it had the production value of something that would've received a theatrical release.

Reveal hidden contents

I wish it had more focus on the time loop and less Patrick Wilson mad man.

Yeah I think that might’ve been the main problem.  Like, it needed more explanation.  And I’m not saying give me every detail about everything because that’s totally unnecessary.  I just think you’re right in that they focused on the wrong thing.

Speaking of King adaptations, did you ever watch 1922?  I heard that one was good but I never got around to it because I think I planned on reading the story first.  Might just watch it at this point.

On 10/15/2019 at 5:55 AM, Rip said:

Speaking of King adaptations, did you ever watch 1922?  I heard that one was good but I never got around to it because I think I planned on reading the story first.  Might just watch it at this point.

I haven't yet, but would be interested to know what ya think if ya get to it!  Thomas Jane being in 1922 is a sell for me at the least.  Seems like there's been so many King adaptations that I can't really keep up, haha. 

1 hour ago, jonrawks said:

Week 3 of 31 for 31.  Thought Sweetheart was a great, definitely recommend it!

15. Sweetheart

16. Bloody Birthday

17. Mary

18. Wounds

19. Mal Nosso (Our Evil)

20. Child's Play 3

21. Body Melt

What’d you think of “Wounds?”  Apparently a lot of people are hating it but I actually really enjoyed it.  It wasn’t the best movie I’ve ever seen, but it’s definitely not as bad as most are saying.