The Official Horror Thread

Rip

20 hours ago, hallowken78 said:

I got to see a screening of Evil Dead Rise last month - it's a good time and well acted, definitely worth checking out.  I enjoyed it more than ED 2013.

I thought it was a whole lot of fun!  Mixes things up a bit , but still felt like an Evil Dead movie.  It had some nice nods to the franchise without being annoying as well.   I'd probably pick the 2013 film over this, but they're both strong additions to the franchise.

1 minute ago, radiatorhums said:

I thought it was a whole lot of fun!  Mixes things up a bit , but still felt like an Evil Dead movie.  It had some nice nods to the franchise without being annoying as well.   I'd probably pick the 2013 film over this, but they're both strong additions to the franchise.

Agreed - I really appreciated the nods without the fanboy nostalgia-pandering.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Need some help. Recently in maybe last year or so, there was a series of YouTube “found footage” videos of empty building rooms and offices and hallways. Can’t remember for the life of me the name of the series/uploads and where it all started. 

Anyone know what I’m talking about? 

7 hours ago, jhulud said:

Need some help. Recently in maybe last year or so, there was a series of YouTube “found footage” videos of empty building rooms and offices and hallways. Can’t remember for the life of me the name of the series/uploads and where it all started. 

Anyone know what I’m talking about? 

The Backrooms?

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, radiatorhums said:

I watched Talk to Me over the weekend and thought it was a great time!

Still really want to see this.  Comes out on physical on October 3rd so I’ll probably grab the blu-ray then

Over the weekend my wife and I watched As Above So Below, Smile, and Ghostwatch

We hadn’t seen As Above So Below since seeing it in theaters when it first came out and couldn’t remember much about it.  It definitely holds up.  Still some pretty creepy moment

Smile was great.  Like a mixture of The Ring, It Follow, and Truth or Dare.  Only major complaint is I felt like it focused way too much on jump scares.  Waiting for something to jump out at me or make a loud noise for 2 hours isn’t exactly the kind of “fun” scared I want to feel for that long.

Ghostwatch was awesome.  I can’t imagine being a little kid (or hell, even adult) at the time that came on.  All of it was incredibly believable.  There were times I even forgot it was supposed to fake while I was watching it.

3 hours ago, Rip said:

Ghostwatch was awesome.  I can’t imagine being a little kid (or hell, even adult) at the time that came on.  All of it was incredibly believable.  There were times I even forgot it was supposed to fake while I was watching it.

Ghostwatch is such a blast!

This is worth a read, seems like it was really effective! - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostwatch#Controversy

1 hour ago, radiatorhums said:

Ghostwatch is such a blast!

This is worth a read, seems like it was really effective! - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostwatch#Controversy

Yes!  That was part of the reason I wanted to see it so bad.  Cause of all the shit that happened because of it haha

• 2 weeks later...

Played Mandy for my wife yesterday and she didn't hate it, which surprised me. We are big Nicholas Cage fans, though. I think I've seen most of his movies, even all of those numerous "bad" ones.

Also, finally entered the Conjuring Universe, and WOW! So many great movies. 

On 10/1/2023 at 5:21 AM, Rip said:

Noticed the other day that both Terrifier’s are both on Prime finally so we watched on Friday night and the 2nd one last night.  Holy shit they lived up to all the hype.  Absolutely amazing 

I really love the Terrifier movies!  Glad to hear you liked em!

I watched Halloween 6 : The Curse of Michael Myers last night.  Definitely one of the worst ones haha.  Not sure if I'll be able to make it to 31 movies this month, but I'm going to try to squeeze in as many as I can.

• Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread