The official Horror fan topic

Rip

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing really unfortunately...

Have A TON of stuff added to my list, it's just a matter of getting around to it.

EDIT:  I take that back.  Watched "Ouija: Origin of Evil" last night cause my wife wanted to watch it.  It wasn't terrible.  Had pretty much everything you'd come to expect from "mainstream haunted house/possession" movies.  But I've loved everything the director has done so far, so yeah.

Edited by FiggyPuddling

9 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Watched XX this weekend and mostly enjoyed it.  Third story was a total dud, but the other 3 weren't bad.  The fact that it had an 80 minute run time helped a lot too.

forgot all about this being out, will try to watch tonight. also been meaning to watch Raw, anyone see it?

Autopsy of Jane Doe was awesome.

Thursday Night Terrors is this week. This month it's Night of the Creeps, looking forward to that. Going to see a matinee of XX on Saturday. Might try to catch A Cure For Wellness tonight, but I already have a ton of other shit I gotta get done this week so might not make it. 

Anybody see that Get Out currently has a 100% of Rotten Tomatoes!?! Can't wait for that!

17 minutes ago, kylet said:

Autopsy of Jane Doe was awesome.

Thursday Night Terrors is this week. This month it's Night of the Creeps, looking forward to that. Going to see a matinee of XX on Saturday. Might try to catch A Cure For Wellness tonight, but I already have a ton of other shit I gotta get done this week so might not make it. 

Anybody see that Get Out currently has a 100% of Rotten Tomatoes!?! Can't wait for that!

Jane doe was pretty cool, and going to see Get Out this weekend, looks crazy good

2 hours ago, jonrawks said:

I want to see A Cure for Wellness, but that runtime means I'll probably watch it at home.  It's hard for me to sit still for anything over 2 hours.

That's my concern. From what I read it does suffer from bad editing and that a good 40 mins could have been cut

13 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

That's my concern. From what I read it does suffer from bad editing and that a good 40 mins could have been cut

40 is a bit extreme, but cutting 20 definitely could've helped it feel tighter.  It was a good throwback styled flick, but it wasn't mind blowing.   I probably had hyped it up in my mind too much.  Real shame the film tanked at the box office.

18 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Anyone seen a movie called "we are the flesh"? Seems promising.

It's been on my radar for a bit, but I haven't seen it either.

Anyone have a news site recommendation besides Bloody Disgusting?  I'd like something that's more a little more news and review focused.  BD seems to have too much toy, opinion, clickbait stuff lately (or maybe always and it's just now getting to me).

18 hours ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Anyone seen a movie called "we are the flesh"? Seems promising.

On the way to see get out, stoked

Comes out on blu-ray this Tuesday.  I definitely plan on getting it and/or seeing it.  I've heard it's mainly a lot of gross-out stuff, but whatever.  Still excited.

3 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Comes out on blu-ray this Tuesday.  I definitely plan on getting it and/or seeing it.  I've heard it's mainly a lot of gross-out stuff, but whatever.  Still excited.

Should be on exodus so I will watch tonight and let you all know what I thought. Get out on the other hand lives up to the hype and is freaking awesome. Probably my favorite since you're next or don't breathe. 

8 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Should be on exodus so I will watch tonight and let you all know what I thought. Get out on the other hand lives up to the hype and is freaking awesome. Probably my favorite since you're next or don't breathe. 

Oh awesome, I'll have to check it on Exodus too.

Really glad to hear about Get Out.  I need to see that like... yesterday.  Don't think I'll be able to see it tonight though since the wife is pretty sick...

Just saw XX. It was not super great. It wasn't terrible, but nothing to write home about. I feel like a lot of the plots were super poorly wrapped up and left me feeling confused. I liked something about each story, but I think each one could have been much better had a little more thought been put into the writing.

Didn't make it out to Cure for Wellness on Tuesday but a friend said it wasn't great. Can't wait for Get Out on Tuesday! I haven't been this pumped for a movie since Blair Witch which didn't live up to all the hype I built up, so hopefully this one will.

Any of you guys every buy movies that have codes to see stuff in the Theater? I've never done it before today. I had a $5 voucher for Best Buy that was going to expire so I needed to buy something this weekend. King Kong was on sale for $7.99 and I noticed it was loaded with features. On my receipt it gave me a personalized code to enter and I get an $8 voucher for Skull Island. Went online here and looked up what theaters around me participate and there's tons. So now I can go see it for free! Pretty pumped! Idk if the deal is exclusive to Best Buy or not but that's where I picked mine up.  
KingKongBluray_zpsgzbeazcn.jpg
KingKongReciept_zpskxnwqub7.jpg

Edited by kylet

On 2/26/2017 at 8:37 PM, jonrawks said:

Watched SiREN last night and it was mostly enjoyable.  Not a priority watch by any stretch, but a fairly light and fun way to burn 80 minutes.  It not being found footage like the V/H/S segment was helped too.

I couldn't get into Siren. I was so pumped for it too because I loved the short in VHS. But Siren just felt like some straight to TV schlock. 

Saw Get Out on Tuesday. I fucking loved it!

Edited by kylet