The Official Horror Thread

Rip

On 4/17/2017 at 6:47 AM, KingTacoMunster said:

watched "the invitation" last night, super good slow burn

I really liked it too.  I was looking forward to it a lot and it didn't disappoint in the slightest.

On 4/16/2017 at 1:35 PM, KingTacoMunster said:

Anyone see anything good lately? We watched "the void" last night and I thoroughly enjoy the shit out of it.

I've been excited to watch that, glad to hear you thought it was good!  I don't know if I'll have time for it until next week though.

12 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

I forgot to mention that I also watched "Among The Living."  It's the most recent movie from the directors of Inside and Livide.

I really enjoyed it.  The plot is fairly simple, but the gore and acting (since most of the cast are kids), was great.

did among the living have subtitles?

1 hour ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Yep.  Although I bought the Region 2 DVD so that's how I watched it.  Not sure how easy it is to find it with subtitles online or something.

The online had the subtitles, but can't do subtitles tonight haha. Also Baskin is subtitled too?!

7 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Ahh, I see haha.  Yeah Baskin is subtitled too.

Lol I was bummed.

On another note we watch "the night watchmen" which was campy and fun with decent gore. And then "the windmill massacre" which had a cool premise and was so so with decent gore. Check em both

I went to see Phoenix Forgotten the other day and I found it pretty enjoyable. It's not super groundbreaking or anything but I generally find it hard to stay engaged during a found footage horror movie and I didn't really have that problem with Phoenix Forgotten. Obviously not too much happens until the climax but I thought the climax was pretty effective. 

3 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Can't remember who hear is SUPER into Monster Squad.  Maybe @KingTacoMunster?

But either way.  Check this stuff out: https://www.fright-rags.com/collections/monster-squad

it might have been me, but if it not, I also super dig Monster Squad, and I will have to snagged them socks!

55 minutes ago, Han Solo said:

Hm. This could be interesting. Comes out on June ninth. 

Haven't watched the trailer yet, but it's caught my attention once I saw A24 was releasing it :)

Watched The Void over the weekend.  Fun Saturday night watch, loved the practical effects.

7 hours ago, Han Solo said:

Hm. This could be interesting. Comes out on June ninth. 

Not sure if I wanna see anymore of this since I've already seen the first teaser trailer.  But I'm fucking excited.  As far as I'm concerned, A24 can do no wrong at all anymore.  Especially with horror after The VVitch.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah!  Thought I'd mention that "The Autopsy Of Jane Doe" is out right  now on blu-ray/DVD (combo pack) as a WALMART EXCLUSIVE.  Or you could just wait until either June or July (I forget which one) for the wide release.  But thought it might interest some of those who want to buy it or check it out as soon as possible.  Which you totally should.

Whats the word, anyone see anything good lately?

we finally watched Lights Out, and while it started strong, I lost interest in the third act, but will say its worth a watch.

we also found this B movie called Funhouse Massacre, which is exactly what youd think it would be, definitely a fun time.

Edited by KingTacoMunster

1 hour ago, Han Solo said:

Last night I watched Follow (2015) on Shudder and loved it.  I struggled to make it through The Battery (2012) afterwards though, maybe because it was such a different change of atmosphere. I might finish it later. 

I loved The Battery.  I can definitely see why some people don't like yet though.

• 3 weeks later...

Been tooooooo long since this thread was bumped, so anyone see anything worth watching lately?

We just finished the blackcoats daughter and I'm either meaning toward rubbish or pretty close to brilliant. Definitely need to watch it again go fully understand it but if my thinking is correct, it's pretty great. Acting is solid and the score was stellar.

28 minutes ago, KingTacoMunster said:

Been tooooooo long since this thread was bumped, so anyone see anything worth watching lately?

We just finished the blackcoats daughter and I'm either meaning toward rubbish or pretty close to brilliant. Definitely need to watch it again go fully understand it but if my thinking is correct, it's pretty great. Acting is solid and the score was stellar.

I watched it months ago but I did just pick up the blu-ray yesterday.  I loved it when I watched it.  The wife wasn't so sure about it, but I thought it was great.

Also a good time to mention that "It Comes At Night" comes out next Friday!  I really REALLY hope "it comes" to my local theater.

• Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread