The official Horror fan topic

Rip

33 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

Lucky!  I was at the point where I had 1-3 movies to choose from and they were all garbage every time I looked.

Yeah, I'm stuck with their "daily selections" but they've actually been getting somewhat better. There were like 10 movies available the other day. But I've yet to be switched over to 3 a month.

On 9/15/2018 at 11:55 PM, kylet said:

Anybody see Predator? I'm gonna check it out on Monday. Not expecting it to be great, but hopefully it's fun.

It somehow might be the worst (non Vs Alien) one.

It allllmost got it right tonally and there's some fun gore but so much of it just sucks.

9 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

It somehow might be the worst (non Vs Alien) one.

It allllmost got it right tonally and there's some fun gore but so much of it just sucks.

Well I didn't get in anyways. My sinemia account is not treating me well so far :(

I couldn't figure out how to use it so I just went home. 

I thought Mandy was really fun. I love me a crazy Nic Cage. I'll have to track down Blood Fest. 

Anyone going to Splatterflix in Durham next month? I went last year and it was pretty damn fun. This year they're doing a bunch of 3D movies, which I'm pretty stoked about.

http://www.carolinatheatre.org/films/festivals/splatterflix

Also trying to decide the theme to my October watch list. Last year I did Stephen King movies. This year I'm think I'm going to do movies from the 70s, as I tend to stick to mainly 80s movies and need to catch up on some essentials I've missed.

• 2 weeks later...

Season 2 of Channel Zero was...ok. Felt like it would have been way better condensed into one maybe two episodes.

Saw Hell Fest. Very basic mostly sanitized slasher. Basically the whole movie is them going through haunted house mazes and thats about the level of scary it was. As scary as watching someone else go through a generic haunted house. They really botched the 3rd act. They could've had two more fun murder set pieces, but had condensed it into something anticlimactic and boring. They could've notched up the gore a bit in general. One really good kill, but mostly it felt like it had no confidence in it's R rating.

Blood Fest was far superior.

17 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Season 2 of Channel Zero was...ok. Felt like it would have been way better condensed into one maybe two episodes.

Saw Hell Fest. Very basic mostly sanitized slasher. Basically the whole movie is them going through haunted house mazes and thats about the level of scary it was. As scary as watching someone else go through a generic haunted house. They really botched the 3rd act. They could've had two more fun murder set pieces, but had condensed it into something anticlimactic and boring. They could've notched up the gore a bit in general. One really good kill, but mostly it felt like it had no confidence in it's R rating.

Blood Fest was far superior.

Thought the same abut Hell Fest, really cool set design but the writing was super thin. Saw it with my AMC A list so I'd say it's worth seeing as a free movie/eventual Netflix stream.

Think I finally have time this year to do 31 movies in October.  Trying to make it a nice mix of old and new.  Here's my first week's viewings.

1. Hellraiser IV : Bloodlines

2. A Horrible Way to Die (and Pop Skull for a Wingard double feature)

3. Unfriended : Dark Web

4. The Hills Have Eyes (original)

5. The Mutilator

6. Housewife

7. ABCs of Death 2

I saw Halloween last night and had a blast.  My minor nerd complaints aside, it's pretty solid.  It doesn't seem to bring anything new to the slasher table, but it executes things very well.  Definitely feels more like a movie by people who care about the material instead of an attempt to make some bucks off a cheap sequel (which seems to be the plague of too many slasher franchises).

Edited by jonrawks

Watched Annabelle: Creation the other night.  Compared to the first Annabelle it was pretty great.  A lot better than I could’ve ever expected.

Watched Jigsaw last night.  It was fine I guess?  There’s really nothing else to say about it.  It’s definitely pointless and just rehashing everything it’s done before.  So all in all I enjoyed it for what it was.