The Official Horror Thread

Rip

On 7/23/2016 at 4:33 PM, Han Solo said:

Did anyone see Lights Out yesterday? 

Yeah. It was a sleeper for me. My friends seemed to enjoy it more than I did, but straight middle of the road ghost story (sorda) for me. Wait for a rental in my opinion.

Blackout Experiments was decent. Way different than I expected. Not scary/horror at all, more so a documentary about the psychology behind the people who do Blackout. I liked it. 

What are peoples thoughts on the cat being out of the bag and news being out that Adam Wingard's new movie "The Woods" is actually a Blair Witch squeal. That was already one of my most anticipated of this year, now I'll really pumped. Sorda peeves me that I couldn't beg my friends to check out Adam Wingard and that The Woods was gonna rule, and now they're super siked for it, but I guess more interest in his movies is good. 

But that should be awesome! Got a trailer for it before Lights Out, looks pretty good. Also got a trailer for Don't Breath which looks pretty solid. Has a lot of people involved from the Evil Dead Remake, which I loved.

On 7/28/2016 at 11:01 PM, FiggyPuddling said:

Forgot to mention I finally got around to watching Holidays last night!  I honestly really enjoyed every single segment.  Some were stronger than others, but it was still an all-around awesome watch.

Nice. I gotta get back on netflix. I really want to see that!

6 hours ago, FiggyPuddling said:

No problem.  To be honest, it feels like every trailer for every film gives too much away nowadays.  Especially for horror films.

I was just gonna say, it's probably safe to avoid any horror trailer these days if you're worried about spoiling things lol.

I tried avoiding a trailer for The Woods and Don't Breath for so long, but we got both before Lights Out. 

The Visit was decent. I'll go see his new one if there's nothing else good coming out around then. 

1 hour ago, kylet said:

Whooooa! How do you know that? This is my first year (and probably last) going! I'm so excited!

It was just confirmed. Coming to both Orlando and Hollywood. 

They posted a clue online last night via SoundCloud and people were able to download the Wav file and "Krampus" was found in the meta data. Plus a couple news outlets leaked it early this morning by accident. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2016 at 11:01 PM, FiggyPuddling said:

Forgot to mention I finally got around to watching Holidays last night!  I honestly really enjoyed every single segment.  Some were stronger than others, but it was still an all-around awesome watch.

Finally got around to watching Holidays. I'd say Father's Day + Christmas were my favorites. I thought Kevin Smith's Halloween short was a let down. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2016 at 1:43 PM, FiggyPuddling said:

Darling was pretty good.  It's basically a more graphic remake of the movie "Repulsion".  The same director has another movie on Netflix as well called "POD."  At least I think it's still on there.  That was pretty awesome.

Watching Darling last night. I really liked it. I can't believe what a babe the chick from "The Woman" is in that movie! Holy!

Also saw Don't Breath on Friday. Super suspenseful. Couple plot holes that left me scratching my head, but I liked it. 

• Rip changed the title to The Official Horror Thread