Best/Worst Kickstarter Experiences

piaptk

I guess the "best" was the Indiegogo by Graveface Records which was essentially a way for you to pay ebay prices for records directly to the label. I bought more than I needed, but I viewed it as a purchase and not as a handout.

Every other crowd funding bullshit that I have supported has been either a pain in the ass or a bust. I'm just so goddamned tired of this digital begging. At least the guy trying to get change from you in front of the store is someone who really needs it, whether it's for food, booze, or dope. These Kickstarter/Indiegogo campaigns are usually the result of laziness or impatience.

I've pledged to strangers and friends in the past. Now, I am pretty much giving the finger to anyone who asks. I'd rather give the money to a homeless person.

So I get back to work today after our holiday break, and randomly, there is an LP mailer waiting for me with an honest-to-god Indian School test press inside it. No note or anything else, just the test pressing. So odd. (This is months and months after finally getting a "test press" of the record that was more or less just the record itself, hand-numbered.) Did you get one, too?

Yes, I got one as well. That was the plan all along, it just took forever. The last black copy they sent with labels and full (autographed) jacket was supposed to be the test press but the plant screwed it up and gave them regular black copies. They sent those to us for the hell of it, I suppose. But it was never supposed to replace the test pressing. Nice to see them come through in the end. I don't mind waiting forever as long as they eventually do come through.

And Scott, I tried to PM you about this just now but it says you can't receive any new messages.

funded the Be My Doppelganger LP in July.  Still don't have the LP, but have gotten 2-4 updates since the project was funded.

its been ok, but i don't think i will end up funding many if any others. 

There is something about musical kickstarter projects i just dont care for.

So i finally got the Be My Doppelganger LP around Nov of 2013.  So that was a 14-15 month wait for the LP since the end of the campaign. pretty crazy wait.