PO: The Dear Hunter: Migrant

This makes me a little worried we're not gonna get an Act IV. I understand wanting to take a break, and I'm still thrilled with any new music. I just loved the Acts musically and story-wise.

From an interview done in June 2011

http://guitarinternational.com/2011/06/30/the-dear-hunter-mastermind-casey-crescenzo-interview-boundaries-are-self-imposed/

I’ve been thinking a lot, especially because there’s been a lot of questions about it lately, about how I should about completing it. I think at this point what feels most natural is to just write and record it on my own in, not necessarily in my spare time because I don’t really have any spare time, but to consciously set aside time and write and record the entire other three acts, not in any rush, but to just do that and release it on my own however I see fit.

I want to make it understood that this release won’t be treated like a label release. I’m not gonna tour off of each one for 18 months. We’ll either put out IV, V and VI at once or over the course of 2 years, and either just put them out online and make them available myself or press them up myself, but I feel like that is the most natural when I think about how to do it.

I also think about if I’m gonna treat each one the same as I’ve treated Acts I, II, and III as far as promoting it, that’s another six to eight years of my life, and I would much rather create the music and make it available and do something a little bit different than tour off of each one. Like do some other medium or either a book or short story or something like that and make that available over the next few years rather than do it traditionally. I do feel like the next thing that I would like to actually release on a lable or tour off of after this is a fairly concise record that is not like anything else I’ve done and not just jump back into Act IV and re-brand the band as a concept band.

Thanks for posting that. I'm not sure if I think he's actually doing it that way or if, like Blanchard said, he's tired of doing it and avoiding it. I think if anyone was going to be able to write and record them on his own and release them for fans on the net, it would be Casey. I also love the idea of him doing a book or something similar. I know a lot of people think he's an asshole sometimes, but he inspires me a lot. He's one of those bands who mixes my two favorite things, music and writing, and creates something awesome. Not to mention his story takes place in one of my favorite periods in history. That's not to say I don't love The Color Spectrum, and that I'm not insanely stoked for this, because I do, and I am. I just really hope he finds a way to get his story finished.

• 2 weeks later...

I know TDH is huge but I can't see them selling 1000 deluxe bundles. Maybe it's just me though? I can't justify the price so I think I'll just take my chances on picking up the box set later somehow. 

He moved 2 seperate pressings of the color spectrum box set at $80/unit... This will sell out eventually

Including shipping, it's $0.44 cheaper to pre-order from Amazon if you have Prime. Am I more likely to get it sooner from MerchNow? Does anyone have experience with vinyl preorders on Amazon?

http://www.amazon.com/Migrant-Dear-Hunter/dp/B00BC0JHMY

Do we know if this is for the Marble Cream variant?