Boston Peeps

crime

I don't see why the wouldn't run the tours at Fenway, even with a show, but might want to call first if you aren't heading down to that area otherwise.

On your side of the river Lord Hobo and Meadhall are both pretty solid beer bars and are a 20 minute walk away, maybe a little less, I think they are both under a mile. If you are eating a burger in your avatar I've heard about Cragie on Main's burger but never tried it, that is on the Cambridge side as well in Kendall Sq. JM Curley's also has a solid burger and a good taplist, they are in Downtown Crossing but they do that thing where they stop serving most of the menu for a bit between lunch and dinner so be aware. 

I will back the burger at The Gallows, and will back the bar in general. That is on the other side, take Lechmere Outbound to Copley and walk down Dartmouth for a while. It is a bit of a hike from the train but the South End is a cool neighborhood to walk around in. You could walk around the North End as well, historic and closer to you but I don't spend much time there so I couldn't recommend anything.

History wise, you've probably already seen the Old North Church. Granary Burying Grounds is a neat graveyard, an worth a stroll. I think Sam Adams might be buried in there. I'm pretty sure the U.S.S Constitution is free. Boston Public Garden is another possibility and if you've never been to the Science Museum it is actually pretty cool, though admittedly, more for children. 

If your looking for something specific let me know. Have fun!

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to throw out a quick thanks to you guys for the suggestions. Yesterday I hit up Newbury and got the first Drive Like Jehu LP, Bazan's Fewer Moving Parts, and an album by a Swedish girl garage band, all new and sealed for $23. Today I picked up a bunch of random 7"s at Armageddon, but wish I had more time to browse their stacks. Charlie's Kitchen and Uburger were both solid food recommendations, as well. Let me know if you're ever out in Chicago and I can return the favor.

• 1 month later...

The T is pretty easy to navigate and should get you there fine. 

Looks like you want the Newburyport/Rockport T Line into Boston's North Station. You can pretty much get anywhere you want from there.

Google Maps.. also you friend :)

Ya, I am thinking that is going to be my best bet. I was just trying to make sure that was the best option. :) Thanks for the info.

Anyone familiar with the public transport from Boston? Just trying to figure out the best route to Beverly from Boston

Hey you're gonna be in my city! Yes, take the Newburyport/Rockport commuter rail line from north station to Beverly Depot. That is going to bring you a block or two away from the Larcom. And, if you're going to be hungry before/after, I suggest getting some great tacos at La Victoria Taqueria, which is on the corner of that same street.

Hey you're gonna be in my city! Yes, take the Newburyport/Rockport commuter rail line from north station to Beverly Depot. That is going to bring you a block or two away from the Larcom. And, if you're going to be hungry before/after, I suggest getting some great tacos at La Victoria Taqueria, which is on the corner of that same street.

You're the best! Thank you! I am actually staying closer to the airport, so I will probably leave from the Chelsea station. It will be a little bit of a walk to get there, but whatever. :) Maybe I can ask the hotel shuttle to take me. Haha

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...