Cleveland/Akron VC (or surrounding areas in NE Ohio)

sspeck

how are square records and music saves?  never been to those. 

They're both fairly small stores but have a solid amount of vinyl. I don't go out my way for either one but definitely hit them up when I'm in the area. I was especially impressed with the prices on the new vinyl and the "finds" on used vinyl at Square. But I was only there once so I don't know if it was just luck or the norm.

They're both fairly small stores but have a solid amount of vinyl. I don't go out my way for either one but definitely hit them up when I'm in the area. I was especially impressed with the prices on the new vinyl and the "finds" on used vinyl at Square. But I was only there once so I don't know if it was just luck or the norm.

i will have to make a day of it.  i used to work in canton and never stopped at square.  any other record stores near by that are worth it?

i will have to make a day of it.  i used to work in canton and never stopped at square.  any other record stores near by that are worth it?

I really like My Mind's Eye. And there's Blue Arrow Records, which was more used/older stuff as opposed to the stuff this board's general appeal. But it still had some good finds mixed in. I like both of those places a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

Pinball show was awesome — I saw a guy rack up 1.3 BILLION points on Congo. I had the game of my life on the same machine later, putting up 559 million. I didn't think the Wizard Of Oz machine was worth the hype, though.

Anyone going to Gaslight Anthem tonight?

I was thinking about going to that show, but I probably can't make it.

• 1 year later...

I'm actually getting ready to move to Cleveland Heights soon with my girlfriend in two months.

I'm so excited I can't wait it'll be a much better life for us rather than Sandusky.

It seems to fit us very well plenty of good food,bars,shows,book stores,ect.

Can anyone recommend some wooded areas for hiking ? 

Checking in from New Philadelphia here! About 45 minutes south of Canton. My girlfriend lives in Canton actually so I'm up there once or twice a week. I really wish there were more record stores around there. The closest, legit record store that I know of is Square Records. I've only been once but I loved it.

Actually gonna be hitting up Square Records with my buddy thispartysucks128 on RSD! Then I think we're going somewhere in Kent. I forget the name. Underground or something?

Canton does get pretty busy. Usually when I go see her though, if I have free time before I usually shop/look around Belden Village or The Exchange. Or I'll go to the strip and look around Best Buy and Books-A-Million. There's literally nothing to do in the town where I live so it's nice checking things out up there when I get the chance.

If you are looking for rsd id reccommend going to exchanges. Ive done it for the past few years on rsd. Find alot of stuff since alt of people dont look there. Dont always get the mass that a true record store does with variety but was able to get a bunch of 7" and the atdi relationships on command a few days after rsd

I'm actually getting ready to move to Cleveland Heights soon with my girlfriend in two months.

I'm so excited I can't wait it'll be a much better life for us rather than Sandusky.

It seems to fit us very well plenty of good food,bars,shows,book stores,ect.

Can anyone recommend some wooded areas for hiking ?

check out Squires Castle in Willoughby Hills. Only about 20-25 minutes from where you will be. Nice trails and hills in the woods to walk and hike thru.

Transplanted last year from Columbus to Lakewood, I miss my cbus record stores all being so close to each other !

Getting used to the stores here. Have to get a game plan together for RSD, I only want a few things, record den was packed last year.

Record Den is always packed. Not to mention it's small as hell.

The My Mind's Eye guy is very old school & is very leery of flippers so his personality comes across as a bit strong. I remember calling up there a few years ago to ask if he could hold something & gave me a small speech about how "This day isn't about that." Which I respected. But if your buying for the right reasons & he can sense that, he's cool.