Big Dick - S/T LP (limited green marble) ffo: Metz, Death from Above, Big Business, Melvins

BIG DICK - S/T LP streaming now on Scene Point Blank and available for Pre-Order

"Big Dick are a drum & bass due from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (you know, how of pretty much all of the best bands of the past few years). Named after the belligerent and bass-heavy Nomeansno song, Big Dick have cultivated their sound that borders on progressive punk/post-hardcore tendencies, while also gravitating towards both the melodic and absurdly heavy. This band is equally at ease with their penchant for 90′s era Canadian indie rock as they are with punk, hardcore, and noise rock bands of the last three decades."

STREAM IT HERE:

http://www.scenepointblank.com/news/records/spb-exclusive-stream-big-dick-st/

ORDER IT HERE (there is limited mailorder only green marble vinyl available as well)

www.dirtcultrecords.com

Offically out on Feb 19th, but preorders will ship before then.

I think I read that Dirt Cult wiped out international shipping charges on their site.  You'll get an invoice after you place the order for appropriate shipping.

Yes. This...for international orders. With the new postage hikes I felt like this would be the fairest way to go about things.

For US orders shipping is still $4 flat rate regardless of how much you order.

so hard to order when shipping is as much as the album

Can't argue with that. It really sucks. The new postage prices are threatening to kill independent labels. What I suggest is see if there is anything else in the distro you want to try to offset shipping costs. Or matybe try to get one from the band directly...

Muhammadali - S/T LP was the reason the band approached me about doing the record. Weird DIY punk that maybe in akin to old Flaming Lips and Butthole Surfers. That Shark Pants 7" is pretty great as well. Spastic garage rock. Autonomy LP is like The Mob meets the Cure. I dunno...it's kind of hard to recommend bands that sound like them, because I'm not sure that anyone does. We do have a tape from fellow Ottawa punks Crusades. Otherwise, there is a ton of killer stuff in the distro but I'm not sure what you're into...

By the way, I've been talking to some people in Canada and they are telling me that shipping within Canada is anywhere from $8 to $14 per LP. Seems like US prices have just kind of caught up to you guys...

this is absolutely true. as someone in bands and who runs a record label that has vinyl, it's almost a relief that US shipping has gone up. now hopefully i'll get more orders!

PS while we don't have it yet, we're buddies with the boys in big dick and we'll probably end up carrying this record at some point.  http://dwyerrecords.bigcartel.com/

this is absolutely true. as someone in bands and who runs a record label that has vinyl, it's almost a relief that US shipping has gone up. now hopefully i'll get more orders!

PS while we don't have it yet, we're buddies with the boys in big dick and we'll probably end up carrying this record at some point.  http://dwyerrecords.bigcartel.com/

If you want any wholesale copies hit me up: [email protected]

Gonna Skype with these guys tonight to gameplan how to make sure people in Canada have access to this thing