Unwound Discography Repress

9 minutes ago, swallowtales said:

I cannot wait for these standalone reissues, listening to Repetition today and damn, always makes you feel some things.

I don’t need ‘em, because the sets treat me just fine – that’s what I told myself a couple of weeks back.  Already caved on that colored Civilization and will probably continue to get the whole set.  Can’t wait to see what they do for Leaves.

Repetition didn’t make it onto Numero yet, right?  I saw it sold out at Rough Trade.

25 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I don’t need ‘em, because the sets treat me just fine – that’s what I told myself a couple of weeks back.  Already caved on that colored Civilization and will probably continue to get the whole set.  Can’t wait to see what they do for Leaves.

Repetition didn’t make it onto Numero yet, right?  I saw it sold out at Rough Trade.

I’ve been telling myself the same. I’m winning the battle, but I don’t know how long I’ll be able to not hit “add to cart” on Civilization. 

28 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah I haven't seen it at Numero yet, I grabbed mine at Rough Trade

13 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

I’ve been telling myself the same. I’m winning the battle, but I don’t know how long I’ll be able to not hit “add to cart” on Civilization. 

If that splatter looked less impressive or I wasn’t on such a big Unwound kick, I’d probably stand in solitude with you.  Coupled though, I folded hard.

12 minutes ago, swallowtales said:

Yeah I haven't seen it at Numero yet, I grabbed mine at Rough Trade

Smart.  I should’ve done the same.  Bizarre that Numero hasn’t made any mention of it whatsoever.

Just now, Derek™ said:

If that splatter looked less impressive or I wasn’t on such a big Unwound kick, I’d probably stand in solitude with you.  Coupled though, I folded hard.

Smart.  I should’ve done the same.  Bizarre that Numero hasn’t made any mention of it whatsoever.

I’ve spin spinning No Energy a lot the last few weeks, so it’s really really tempting. But I like the way all the box sets line up and I’m saving up for Klipsch Forte IVs, so I’m trying to be “reasonable”. Haha. 

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah, not sure what’s up with that Repetition, but I asked at my local. There are a few places online listing but not everywhere, so I’m left wondering. Most places selling in the US seem to be OOS too making it even more of a mystery. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Numero are 2 for 2 on these reissue variants, damn.  Can't wait to see what else they have in store and what Newbury's may be.

qdrf1v90owu61.jpg

Goddamnit, am I going to have to buy these?! Are they still available anywhere? Did they do any other color Unwound LPs recently or am I just thinking of the Duster records?

3 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Goddamnit, am I going to have to buy these?! Are they still available anywhere? Did they do any other color Unwound LPs recently or am I just thinking of the Duster records?

Civilization is still up at Numero.  Repetition hasn't made it over to Numero yet, but seems to be limited to a few indie shops (Rough Trade included).  Sold out in most spots but potentially restocked soon?

Numero implied more colored variants are on the way but didn't confirm anything other than Leaves which is "coming soon".

Just now, Derek™ said:

Civilization is still up at Numero.  Repetition hasn't made it over to Numero yet, but seems to be limited to a few indie shops (Rough Trade included).  Sold out in most spots but potentially restocked soon?

Numero implied more colored variants are on the way but didn't confirm anything other than Leaves which is "coming soon".

Ahhhh okay. Thought I was missing something. Pffffff don’t need to spend anymore money on doubles, but I think I need everything haha Should’ve done the same with the Duster LPs.

2 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Ahhhh okay. Thought I was missing something. Pffffff don’t need to spend anymore money on doubles, but I think I need everything haha Should’ve done the same with the Duster LPs.

The Duster box – assuming you grabbed it – at least had the jackets included.  That was a big part of the reason I didn't really consider the individual represses.  I have the Numero boxes for Unwound and they get the job done but if you have those, too, you know that they lack OG art and jackets / gatefolds.  That's how I'm justifying these colored represses, anyway.

8 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

The Duster box – assuming you grabbed it – at least had the jackets included.  That was a big part of the reason I didn't really consider the individual represses.  I have the Numero boxes for Unwound and they get the job done but if you have those, too, you know that they lack OG art and jackets / gatefolds.  That's how I'm justifying these colored represses, anyway.

I do, I do and yea they’re amazing, but very very true. Didn’t really put it into prospective like that. Even more reason for me to hunt these down.

Seems like RT was the only retailer to have Repetition in the US, that I can find. But that’s probably already been established here. EDIT: Seeing more US indies, but yeah, OOS. Should’ve been paying more attention. 

Edited by MyEnemy

1 minute ago, MyEnemy said:

I do, I do and yea they’re amazing, but very very true. Didn’t really put it into prospective like that. Even more reason for me to hunt these down.

Seems like RT was the only retailer to have Repetition in the US, that I can find. But that’s probably already been established here.

I actually lucked out with a little bit of Googling and found a random-ass shop in the midwest who was selling it for like $20 and change.  I really don't understand how or why it's primarily UK-exclusive, with just a few random shops receiving stock in the US.  But I wouldn't be surprised if more of them popped up.

7 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Same boat.  I actually pulled that pic off Reddit, I think it’s from a user in the UK.

I’m not worried. It’s just that literally everything I have ever pre-ordered direct from Numero has arrived at least a week early of the release date. It did say “ships on 4/23” on the website so I can’t complain, really.

I’m just now kind of getting into Unwound.  Really like Repetition.  

Should I just get the Numero Box that includes that album plus The Future of What?   Is the box set done really well?  I know most of what Numero does is done well.  

plus a color vinyl version of Repetition seems like it would almost cost the same

7 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

I’m just now kind of getting into Unwound.  Really like Repetition.  

Should I just get the Numero Box that includes that album plus The Future of What?   Is the box set done really well?  I know most of what Numero does is done well.  

plus a color vinyl version of Repetition seems like it would almost cost the same

The boxsets are fine.  Not quite up to the usual Numero quality of a full boxset, but the bang:buck ratio is pretty good.  They’re more like “anthology sets” where each album is slipped into a single pocket printed sleeve, and then all of that slides into a hardcover case.  Quality is decent with the occasional hiccup; i.e., the Empire set contains Leaves Turn Inside You, which Numero has acknowledged as having a faulty C side on many copies.  They were offering replacements for a while there, but are sadly out now.

I wouldn’t overpay for a copy of Repetition yet.  There seems to be random indie shops that are receiving the colored press, and it seems to have an MSRP of $20 or so.  Pretty cheap and people are saying it sounds great too.

31 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

The boxsets are fine.  Not quite up to the usual Numero quality of a full boxset, but the bang:buck ratio is pretty good.  They’re more like “anthology sets” where each album is slipped into a single pocket printed sleeve, and then all of that slides into a hardcover case.  Quality is decent with the occasional hiccup; i.e., the Empire set contains Leaves Turn Inside You, which Numero has acknowledged as having a faulty C side on many copies.  They were offering replacements for a while there, but are sadly out now.

I wouldn’t overpay for a copy of Repetition yet.  There seems to be random indie shops that are receiving the colored press, and it seems to have an MSRP of $20 or so.  Pretty cheap and people are saying it sounds great too.

Yeah I really want to snag that one but so far most copies I’ve found have been outside the US.   Hoping to find one with reasonable shipping.  

54 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Thanks for reminding me of the Empire side C error. It convinced me to grab the global splatter, even though I’m a box set slut. Really curious what Newbury’s are gonna be, music wise and variant wise.