Unwound Discography Repress

1 minute ago, Sad Heart said:

Thanks for reminding me of the Empire side C error. It convinced me to grab the global splatter, even though I’m a box set slut. Really curious what Newbury’s are gonna be, music wise and variant wise. 

I hope Newbury’s is an overpriced, questionable variant for Civilization or Repetition.  Something that I won’t be swayed to spring for.  I really dislike splurging on the occasional “must have” from them when shit is always $35+ for a single LP after taxes and shipping.

Also think it’d be really weird if each album was getting reissued from a different distributor.  Seems unlikely but I find it bizarre that Repetition’s release date has come and gone, and it’s still not up at Numero.  I’d love to just support Numero and buy everything through them... and I don’t think it would happen, but how fucky would it be if Rough Trade had 1 exclusive album variant, Numero had another, Newbury owned the third, VMP owned the fourth, etc.

7 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I hope Newbury’s is an overpriced, questionable variant for Civilization or Repetition.  Something that I won’t be swayed to spring for.  I really dislike splurging on the occasional “must have” from them when shit is always $35+ for a single LP after taxes and shipping.

Also think it’d be really weird if each album was getting reissued from a different distributor.  Seems unlikely but I find it bizarre that Repetition’s release date has come and gone, and it’s still not up at Numero.  I’d love to just support Numero and buy everything through them... and I don’t think it would happen, but how fucky would it be if Rough Trade had 1 exclusive album variant, Numero had another, Newbury owned the third, VMP owned the fourth, etc.

Yah that would seem a bit odd. Plus it feels like with Newbury it’s a coin flip as far as their pricing is concerned. It’ll either be a few understandable dollars higher or like way overpriced. This single LP limited variant, $3 more than other variants, ok sure, understandable. This 2xLP, let’s make that $39.99 for some reason even though we’ve pressed it multiple times (cough, Deltron). Repetition is my favorite Unwound album so I’m tempted to grab the merge if I can find it, or if Newbury does it, even though I have the No Energy box, which is my favorite of the four. And yah, you’re definitely right, it would be weird. I hope this doesn’t turn into some Phoebe thing and get a dozen pressings. I don’t see that happening, but even if it goes beyond the Newbury pressings I’ll be shocked. Unless Newbury is Repitition, or Leaves, I’ll probably be able to exercise restraint. But I also said that for the global splatter and here we are. But man, in general I’m so glad Unwound is getting more pressings. I’m hoping this leads to something more, like special edition this or anniversary that; who knows. 

Alt. question: did you get your Mogwai box in? I’m finally spinning it right after I finish listening to this new Godspeed which is really good so far. 

Follow up: hit me up in the DMs. I wanna chat equipment / set up, and catch up. It’s been too long, my dude. Or shit, even txt works. 

I still haven’t received a shipping email from numero for Challenge, but yesterday I sent them an email asking for a status on my order. I received a prompt reply saying they were prepping my order for shipment now (what a coincidence!), and my order page on the website is now updated saying shipped. No tracking number, though. 

So if you haven’t seen an email, or your order page still says pre-order (like mine did), shoot ‘em an email. 

On 4/27/2021 at 10:31 AM, kannibal said:

I still haven’t received a shipping email from numero for Challenge, but yesterday I sent them an email asking for a status on my order. I received a prompt reply saying they were prepping my order for shipment now (what a coincidence!), and my order page on the website is now updated saying shipped. No tracking number, though. 

So if you haven’t seen an email, or your order page still says pre-order (like mine did), shoot ‘em an email. 

We’re you able to download your Challenge mp3s?  I get an error when I try to get mine

3 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Real question, anyone find that Repetition in the US yet?? 🤷‍♀️🥳

Reached out to Numero to see what’s going on with that and they advised that there’s a production issue with US copies. They confirmed that we’ll eventually get them stateside, but that it won’t be until later this year.  Kind of a bummer but that’s why they’re nowhere to be found in the Numero webstore.

And it wasn’t spelled out specifically, but there’s a good chance that the Newbury exclusive they keep teasing is gonna’ be LTIY.  Don’t hold me to that, but, signs point to it.  If you don’t want to get fleeced by Newbury’s markup, there will (should) be a variant through Numero too.

22 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Reached out to Numero to see what’s going on with that and they advised that there’s a production issue with US copies. They confirmed that we’ll eventually get them stateside, but that it won’t be until later this year.  Kind of a bummer but that’s why they’re nowhere to be found in the Numero webstore.

And it wasn’t spelled out specifically, but there’s a good chance that the Newbury exclusive they keep teasing is gonna’ be LTIY.  Don’t hold me to that, but, signs point to it.  If you don’t want to get fleeced by Newbury’s markup, there will (should) be a variant through Numero too.

I guess I’ll keep looking and see what’s up. Wish they had a stockist list of who in the US had it on color, but I guess I’ll try and get it wherever because I’m impatient and don’t want to really miss out haha.

Yeah I don’t really get too turned off on Newbury’s pricing, when it’s not too crazy, but that’s really good news. You fully got me on board with trying to get all of these. Fuck you. Haha

37 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

I guess I’ll keep looking and see what’s up. Wish they had a stockist list of who in the US had it on color, but I guess I’ll try and get it wherever because I’m impatient and don’t want to really miss out haha.

Yeah I don’t really get too turned off on Newbury’s pricing, when it’s not too crazy, but that’s really good news. You fully got me on board with trying to get all of these. Fuck you. Haha

I think I talked myself into these reissues, honestly… and some of you decided to tag along, which I totally appreciate.  Unwound Support Group – except we’re all just actually enabling one another.

I wonder if all US distros and retailers are getting a clean slate for Repetition.  I say this because I asked the indie shop what was going on after 4/23 came and went with no updates to my order.  Yesterday he responded “release date is changed and they didn’t give us a new one.  Not sure when this ships.”  I feel like a lot of places are going to get all mixed up with this release.

If US production was halted, what are the odds that the US press will match the sound quality (and variant) of this Euro press?  I’m a big fan of what I’m seeing and reading on that front.  If the cost wasn’t $47+, I’d bite the bullet and import a copy just to be done with it.  But paying nearly double for a single LP?  Nah.

Well, this is the FINAL STRAW!!! First Clouds Hill and now Numero is RiPpInG uS oFf!!! 

I just received my splatter copy of Challenge, and to my utmost HoRrOr, I discovered they used different cover art for this reissue. It’s some kind of cheap drawing that kind of looks like the old cover photo. Nowhere in the description of the reissue did it say it would have “alternate cover art.”  I feel deceived, lied to, and I am LIVID! This is neither AmAzInG nor InCrEdIbLe. And I will not stop complaining online until Numero represses every cover and sends them out to all the people they tricked into buying the cheap, bootleg looking release. 

3 minutes ago, kannibal said:

Well, this is the FINAL STRAW!!! First Clouds Hill and now Numero is RiPpInG uS oFf!!! 

I just received my splatter copy of Challenge, and to my utmost HoRrOr, I discovered they used different cover art for this reissue. It’s some kind of cheap drawing that kind of looks like the old cover photo. Nowhere in the description of the reissue did it say it would have “alternate cover art.”  I feel deceived, lied to, and I am LIVID! This is neither AmAzInG nor InCrEdIbLe. And I will not stop complaining online until Numero represses every cover and sends them out to all the people they tricked into buying the cheap, bootleg looking release. 

I know u avin a giggle m8, but the product page has shown the illustrated cover all along.

atom-1618349772.png

(OG cover can be seen here for anyone interested.  Assuming the files were lost or unable to be sized up for the reissue's jacket.)

11 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I know u avin a giggle m8, but the product page has shown the illustrated cover all along.

atom-1618349772.png

(OG cover can be seen here for anyone interested.  Assuming the files were lost or unable to be sized up for the reissue's jacket.)

Any proof that it has been there all along?!? They could have switched it out. And it’s half covered by the vinyl and inner. Fine. I’ll compromise and they can just repress the same percentage amount of covers as is covered in the photo.

4 minutes ago, kannibal said:

Any proof that it has been there all along?!? They could have switched it out. And it’s half covered by the vinyl and inner. Fine. I’ll compromise and they can just repress the same percentage amount of covers as is covered in the photo.

Sadly, no real proof.  I remember failing to see a photo of the variant, and being advised that it was at the bottom of the page, then looking again to find that pic.  Had to be nearly a month ago.  There’s also this discussion from 3 weeks  back where users are pointing out that the listing features revised artwork.

I am listening now. Dead quiet vinyl. Looks great. It’s a new cut. With stamped info. I should probably be able to recognize where it was pressed based on the info, but I don’t. Sound is good so far. Nice and clean. It’s not revelatory or anything, but it doesn’t need to be. I plan on comparing at least the OP KRS pressing, but I may put on the box set pressing as well.