Unwound Discography Repress

• 3 weeks later...

52 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

The scarlette is definitely slicker if it turns out resembling the mock-up they used, but that clear is prone to sounding better and looks a bit nicer with the center labels.  Really surprised Newbury’s is a smidge cheaper than Numero was charging for their variant, too.

I didn’t see it is cheaper! Didn’t even think to look as Repetition from Newbury was more. I know clear is popular, and it’s great that options are there for people to choose.

I don’t really buy the vinyl color/design is more likely to have sound problems. I know a lot of people talk about it, but my experience just doesn’t line up with black being better or solid being better than designs, etc. I have so many black vinyl records that are noisy or have defects and I also have dead quiet color designs. 

Besides, I had to go with Scarlette. Not only is the song awesome, but the video creeps me out.

• 2 months later...

Anyone know where to get a copy of Rat that isn’t double the price? No idea where my copy is and need to replace it. I’ll pay discogs price if I have to, but figured I’d ask. 

Also the scarlet variant came out amazing. Really happy with it. Gave it a clean in the ultrasonic cleaner and it’s dead quiet. 

4 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

Anyone know where to get a copy of Rat that isn’t double the price? No idea where my copy is and need to replace it. I’ll pay discogs price if I have to, but figured I’d ask. 

Also the scarlet variant came out amazing. Really happy with it. Gave it a clean in the ultrasonic cleaner and it’s dead quiet. 

Nah Rat has been OOS everywhere for a while now and Numero said no repress. I passed on a $70 copy last year and I'm still mad about it.

2 hours ago, Coldplay31169 said:

Nah Rat has been OOS everywhere for a while now and Numero said no repress. I passed on a $70 copy last year and I'm still mad about it.

I got scared for a second thinking that is the one I don’t have. I was almost positive I had Kid is Gone for the longest time until it turned out I have never owned it. Or maybe I had it at one point and it disappeared. It’s one of the only things that has made me feel like I am actually losing my mind. 

22 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

I got scared for a second thinking that is the one I don’t have. I was almost positive I had Kid is Gone for the longest time until it turned out I have never owned it. Or maybe I had it at one point and it disappeared. It’s one of the only things that has made me feel like I am actually losing my mind. 

For a while there I was getting the comps mixed up in my head, too.  Or at least KIG and RC.  Funnily enough, Kid Is Gone is still the only one I haven't pulled the trigger on, either.

19 hours ago, Derek™ said:

This has got me scratching my head.  I’ll pick up KIG but you gotta’ snag Empire if you don’t own any of their other records individually.

I actually just bought Empire and Kid Is Gone from Numero the other day. Went ahead and grabbed Karate's S/T, since it's the only one of the represses I didn't grab yet. I guess I somehow misplaced my copy of Rat and Kid, sigh. But at least 3 of the 4 are still available via their site. 

No Energy is definitely my favorite of them all. 

2 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

No Energy is definitely my favorite of them all.

Same here. By quite a big margin. I love everything they have ever done but Repetition will always be my favorite.

2 hours ago, prowl20 said:

Also, don't forget that Giant Henry LP which is kinda sorta pre-Unwound

I need to pull that one out one of these days. I don’t think I’ve listened to it since the RSD it came out.

23 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

I need to pull that one out one of these days. I don’t think I’ve listened to it since the RSD it came out.

I meant to snag it from Numero when ordering that last Karate record. When Unsolved or the Rex stuff comes out I'll make sure to grab a copy. Same goes for the other two boxsets I'm missing.

• 3 months later...