Unwound Discography Repress

Hell yeah.  How do they look / sound?  Doubt you've had a chance to sit down with both already but I'm curious.  Either way, I love Numero's mix of these "ready-to-ship" exclusives alongside their traditional pre-orders.  I almost feel spoiled by the idea of seeing a record drop online, buying it, and having it show up in <2 weeks.  A rarity in 2022.

Definitely a treat when you buy a record and it shows up in a couple weeks; you’re not wrong. These will hold me over until the September releases. They look great, standard packaging from Numero — no complaints. Haven’t had a chance to spin them, but that’ll change tonight. The purple disc is a little more red to me, but that might just be my copy. Probably just got more of the red than blue pellets when mixing. I still like it so no big deal. 
spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

Site is now showing “closer to October” for Live Leaves. Fake Doesn’t say anything as far as release date. (Both colors sold out.) Karate and Current both say closer to October now as well. 

damn....i want my 90s bundle! jealous of everybody who's already got their dessau LP

49 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

Site is now showing “closer to October” for Live Leaves. Fake Doesn’t say anything as far as release date. (Both colors sold out.) Karate and Current both say closer to October now as well. 

Fake Train wasn't a preorder has yours still not shown up? I believe it came out in July

6 minutes ago, Shelby said:

Fake Train wasn't a preorder has yours still not shown up? I believe it came out in July

You’re right. It’s cause I ordered it with Current and Live Leaves all together.  (I’ll edit the previous post.) Weird part it was showing October when I clicked it, but now it isn’t. Might be going crazy. 

Edited by Sad Heart

31 minutes ago, Sad Heart said:

You’re right. It’s cause I ordered it with Current and Live Leaves all together.  (I’ll edit the previous post.) Weird part it was showing October when I clicked it, but now it isn’t. Might be going crazy. 

Haha nah Numero don't have the best preorder info. Re: Bedhead - Beheaded variants being completely different on the email and order page. 

4 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

I ended up not doing the bundle (wish I had) but got Codeine a bit over a month ago.

The internet destroyed my ability to wait for things so although I bought everything in the bundle I made two separate orders and ate the extra shipping to get mine haha. Dessau is such a great pressing sound quality and presentation wise. I'd probably rebuy individual colored copies of the rest of the discography if Numero put them out even though I have the box set...

1 hour ago, Shelby said:

The internet destroyed my ability to wait for things so although I bought everything in the bundle I made two separate orders and ate the extra shipping to get mine haha. Dessau is such a great pressing sound quality and presentation wise. I'd probably rebuy individual colored copies of the rest of the discography if Numero put them out even though I have the box set...

i want to believe as a completionist nerd that i'll have the box set someday, but once i found out there's no material exclusive to it, i felt a lot better about having the individual ones already. happy to add dessau to it regardless, once that bundle goes out.

2 hours ago, DecayToDeath said:

i want to believe as a completionist nerd that i'll have the box set someday, but once i found out there's no material exclusive to it, i felt a lot better about having the individual ones already. happy to add dessau to it regardless, once that bundle goes out.

There was a live 7” that came with the first 500 copies of the box but you can at least get it for kind of cheap. I haven’t listened to mine in 10 years, so wouldn’t say it’s essential at all.

4 hours ago, Shelby said:

Dessau is so good and some of those versions have become my preferred ones. Really wish all the songs from White Birch were on there though. One of the best albums of all time. And I’d end up buying colored copies too. 

I have been meaning to buy some of these newer Unwound pressings and am hoping they have them at these upcoming shows. I’ll probably put money away and grab them there.

7 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

There was a live 7” that came with the first 500 copies of the box but you can at least get it for kind of cheap. I haven’t listened to mine in 10 years, so wouldn’t say it’s essential at all.

Dessau is so good and some of those versions have become my preferred ones. Really wish all the songs from White Birch were on there though. One of the best albums of all time. And I’d end up buying colored copies too. 

I have been meaning to buy some of these newer Unwound pressings and am hoping they have them at these upcoming shows. I’ll probably put money away and grab them there.

The represses are great. The variants are cool looking, and they are all flat and clean. I actually spin them instead of the box sets. 

12 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

I knew about the 7" but I didn't know you could get it on its own--where at?

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

(Obligatory New Pupper Ideas comment.)

Now re-release it all with even better variants in a mega collector’s edition boxset.  Include all the bonus content and booklets from the individual era boxsets.  A box to end boxes.

Dude! All original art work and inserts, I’m in!

Full on Ted Bundy comment, right there. I need help.

4 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Dude! All original art work and inserts, I’m in!

Full on Ted Bundy comment, right there. I need help.

Maybe make it the only way to get a copy of the S/T included, too.  Outside of Challenge though, which of these reissues feature unoriginal art?  Or was that the only one?

The kicker is that even if you could get something decent for selling your colored variants, and put it towards a lavish boxset… you wouldn’t. 😏 The disease™ is an offshoot of the hobby™ but way more concerning.  When you’ve got it, you’ve really got it.

Jokes aside I do love these reissues, and the attention that has gone into ‘em is top notch. They’re prized variants worth owning even if they never command big bucks and that’s fine by me.  Really cool set.

6 hours ago, Derek™ said:

(Obligatory New Pupper Ideas comment.)

Now re-release it all with even better variants in a mega collector’s edition boxset.  Include all the bonus content and booklets from the individual era boxsets.  A box to end boxes.

I would kill for this.

19 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Maybe make it the only way to get a copy of the S/T included, too.  Outside of Challenge though, which of these reissues feature unoriginal art?  Or was that the only one?

The kicker is that even if you could get something decent for selling your colored variants, and put it towards a lavish boxset… you wouldn’t. 😏 The disease™ is an offshoot of the hobby™ but way more concerning.  When you’ve got it, you’ve really got it.

Jokes aside I do love these reissues, and the attention that has gone into ‘em is top notch. They’re prized variants worth owning even if they never command big bucks and that’s fine by me.  Really cool set.

Think we’ve discussed this before, but personally, I only have the box sets, and got rid of all the original LPs I had. I was going to, but didn’t pull the trigger on the stand alone reissues. I still may, but this concept would diminish that desire.

It is kind of strange to include s/t to the original box set, but not give it an individual repress. I’ve been waiting to see if they we’re going f to do that album. I didn’t even notice the Challenge cover until now, I’m a such an idiot.

The disease started with baseball cards when I was 5, only got worse when it switched to physical music at 10. The last 27 years have been fucked! Haha

I need to try and sell my stand alone tickets and go to the big Numero banger on Feb 18th & 19th.

Edited by MyEnemy

• 1 month later...