Unwound Discography Repress

6 minutes ago, OldKentuckyShark said:

I can’t decide between the variants

Both are clever but the S/T's album art has always been linked to red in my mind.  I have a couple of other records that resemble the same kind of bloody mess and they both turned out so cool.  So Rising Blood was an easy pick for me, personally.

10 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Both are clever but the S/T's album art has always been linked to red in my mind.  I have a couple of other records that resemble the same kind of bloody mess and they both turned out so cool.  So Rising Blood was an easy pick for me, personally.

I was leaning that way too.  

43 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Same. Easy choice for me. 

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Very nice.  How’s that sound, all things considered?  I feel like we’ll get something “new” from Unwound this year – a new album or a full discography boxset are my biggest guesses.

It sounds great. Dynamics are there, soundstage is there, no pops or clicks. Good pressing all around all things considered. 

And yah, that would be amazing. New material would be rad. What are the odds they do a full box after doing split boxes and single represses? I know the odds of me getting it are insanely high - cause how do I say no to a third copy in a different housing. 

On 2/4/2023 at 3:14 PM, Sad Heart said:

It sounds great. Dynamics are there, soundstage is there, no pops or clicks. Good pressing all around all things considered. 

And yah, that would be amazing. New material would be rad. What are the odds they do a full box after doing split boxes and single represses? I know the odds of me getting it are insanely high - cause how do I say no to a third copy in a different housing. 

Great to hear.  I thought I was getting mine on Saturday but it looks like Monday it is.

I really can't guess what the odds of a full boxset are.  On paper, not too likely... especially with the release of that standalone book.  I feel like they could have combined that as an exclusive for a vinyl boxset, sort of like how the CD boxset had its own book.  It would take a lot to triple-dip on these records, but now is probably the time to do it, after everyone has coughed up for individual represses over the last few years and the band is touring again.  If they did a full on boxset, what would you like to see it?  In terms of content, bells & whistles, etc.

On 2/4/2023 at 12:56 PM, Sad Heart said:

B2-B51309-5-D25-4-C47-AA86-E952-F043-C9-
5-FC00834-1-D01-41-AC-8-C46-AEEC4648-A22

And the last color repress came in today. That was a fun way of revisiting all their albums. Stoked to see them live soon - never thought I’d say that. Wonder what is in the pipeline next. (Tempted to take a photo of all the color represses all laid out.)

Dude. That gear. Do you work for Cambridge Audio or something?

2 minutes ago, deftbarley said:

Dude. That gear. Do you work for Cambridge Audio or something?

No. But I did just buy a Cambridge Audio Alva TT V2. Haha. I didn’t pay full price for any of that gear though. I used to be a residential AV tech before I switched to commercial, and got a fair discount with Crutchfield, and a very good discount on Klipsch. 

On 2/6/2023 at 9:51 AM, Sad Heart said:

No. But I did just buy a Cambridge Audio Alva TT V2. Haha. I didn’t pay full price for any of that gear though. I used to be a residential AV tech before I switched to commercial, and got a fair discount with Crutchfield, and a very good discount on Klipsch. 

I have the exact same media console you do as well. I'll probably just rip off your set up. I've been to that klipsch page a few times and almost pulled the trigger on those speakers (or the heresy ivs) I think I have to get them from a dealer now.

14 minutes ago, deftbarley said:

I have the exact same media console you do as well. I'll probably just rip off your set up. I've been to that klipsch page a few times and almost pulled the trigger on those speakers (or the heresy ivs) I think I have to get them from a dealer now.

That’s rad. I love it. I just got it the other week too. Completely changed the feel of my set up. Love mid century modern. 

The Fortes are such a big jump from the Heresy’s for the price. You get a lot more low end. If you got the Heresy’s you’d probably end up adding a sub to it. With the fortes you don’t need to do that. The fortes are also very efficient so you don’t need a lot to power them. My CXA61 is more than enough to drive them. I don’t crank it higher than 50% ever, and usually listen around 30%. 

And I’m sticking with all Cambridge for a couple reasons: my OCD is happy - they all match, the design is clean, I know it will work well together, the price is great - you get a lot for your money, and it’s seamless.

15 minutes ago, Bronchitis said:

Also, they were fucking incredible. Don’t miss them if they are coming anywhere near you. They are playing two sets and I was hypnotized the entire time.

The setlists I've seen looked NUTS. At first I was a little bummed I bought a ticket to see them in NYC once the Numero Twenty lineup got announced, but now I'm even more amped because it'll be a standing-room venue that's significantly smaller.

I'm bummed, I've been slacking on buying the No Energy and Empire boxsets (I have the first two), and they've gone up so much in price on Discogs. Really hoping they get repressed. 

11 hours ago, Bronchitis said:

Also, they were fucking incredible. Don’t miss them if they are coming anywhere near you. They are playing two sets and I was hypnotized the entire time.

Agreed.  The Monday night set was wonderful and a lot of (to me anyway) deep cuts.  Seeing them again on Wednesday and hoping they play "For Your Entertainment" as it's basically my favorite song of theirs.  Would love to hear "Data" and "Message Received" too.

10 hours ago, hexrecords said:

Agreed.  The Monday night set was wonderful and a lot of (to me anyway) deep cuts.  Seeing them again on Wednesday and hoping they play "For Your Entertainment" as it's basically my favorite song of theirs.  Would love to hear "Data" and "Message Received" too.

That’s my favorite song of theirs too and I was disappointed they didn’t play it. Really glad they played Lady Elect though. Definitely bummed the Monday show wasn’t as Repetition heavy as the 2/4 Seattle show.

On 2/7/2023 at 10:15 AM, Bronchitis said:

There’s a /500 version of Leaves with alternate art at the merch table. I somehow missed it last night. I was wondering why everyone was carrying around the same record I didn’t recognize. Hoping they have some at Numero Twenty. 

fuuuuuck i hope they have some at numero twenty and/or it's still around on valentine's day so i can get one 

On 2/8/2023 at 8:35 AM, Bronchitis said:

That’s my favorite song of theirs too and I was disappointed they didn’t play it. Really glad they played Lady Elect though. Definitely bummed the Monday show wasn’t as Repetition heavy as the 2/4 Seattle show.

For sure.  The Wednesday show ended up being the exact same set as Monday so a little bummed, but also hearing the songs from "Leaves.." they played a second time is nothing to feel bad about.  I definitely would have preferred more "Repetition" songs for sure though.  "Lady Elect" is a beautiful track and I don't think there's going to be a single show where they're not going to be able to get away with not playing "Corpse Pose".

6 hours ago, ringo_0 said:

They played "For Your Entertainment" tonight at the SF show. Also, the merch table folks said they are shipping more tour exclusive white copies of Leaves to the LA show, I feel like they're going to be doing that for the rest of the tour. 

So they didn’t have any copies for sale? Bummer I’m going to tonight’s show and was hoping to get one.

1 hour ago, ringo_0 said:

They still had copies for sale, they're just restocking every show so more fans can get their hands on them instead of just the first few shows. 

I’m assuming they didn’t have any of the boxsets on the merch table when you saw them?  I still need No Energy and Empire 😭 hoping that Numero unearthed some for Numero Twenty 

49 minutes ago, prowl20 said:

I’m assuming they didn’t have any of the boxsets on the merch table when you saw them?  I still need No Energy and Empire 😭 hoping that Numero unearthed some for Numero Twenty 

I am going to spend way too much money at this thing. I really need Empire and kinda want some of the individual presses.