PO: Shone - Heat Thing

So what is the Brand New connection? I lost track of the thread on the board and don't feel like digging through it. 

As many other members said, Brian Lane is supposedly drumming, and Vin's brother Andrew is also in the band. 

But in addition to these things, it's also believed that Brand New was in the studio with the band when they were demo'ing. If anyone remembers, Brand New had some studio time for a month last year. But in an interview, Jesse Lacey said that actually Vin's brother and (I believe) Derrick Sherman (or maybe he said Brian Lane) were working on a project today while Jesse and Vin were watching/contributing. I can try and find the interview if needed.

after my initial hatred I tried listening to baby shakes/piano wire some more.

without the vocals I'd actually be really into it. the whole pompous over-theatrical singing thing just kills it for me.

For whatever reason, I really liked his vocals on Baby Shakes. I did not, however, like his vocals on piano wire. It sounded like their singer was trying to do a poor, over-dramatized impression of Jesse from TDAG era. I'm a big fan of Jesse Lacey's voice, but this guys (possible) interpretation of it isn't doing it for me. 

As many other members said, Brian Lane is supposedly drumming, and Vin's brother Andrew is also in the band. 

But in addition to these things, it's also believed that Brand New was in the studio with the band when they were demo'ing. If anyone remembers, Brand New had some studio time for a month last year. But in an interview, Jesse Lacey said that actually Vin's brother and (I believe) Derrick Sherman (or maybe he said Brian Lane) were working on a project today while Jesse and Vin were watching/contributing. I can try and find the interview if needed.

They had studio time in April but Brian/Andrew used it for Shone.