Volcom Ent Vinyl Club 2013

apirk

Looks pretty solid, love anything with Jeff The Brotherhood involved

https://store.volcoment.com/vevc

We hope this message finds you well. It’s been awhile since we sent out a VEVC specific newsletter and the time is right to catch up with all of you.

As a VEVC 2012 subscriber you can expect to receive one more 7", VEVC 0030 that we should be shipping out in about a week. You can expect two sides by Jeff The Brotherhood on limited edition white vinyl. You can also expect a little something extra. If we told you now, then it wouldn’t be a surprise. This will wrap up the 2012 subscription. It’s been a blast.

Now on to the new stuff.

we are excited to announce the initial offer for the VEVC 2013 subscription. As a current VEVC subscriber you are first in line to subscribe (ie. we haven't told anyone else that the subscription is up). The first release, VEVC 0031, is a face melting two-sided slab of new material from psychedelic blues rockers Radio Moscow. This record is already in production and we hope to ship these by early March. VEVC 0032 is also in the pipeline and you can trust us when I say that it will be a rowdy split shared by two of Los Angeles’ grittiest bands, The Shrine and Zig Zags, each contributing new tunes. You will want to turn this one up! We're really excited about the rest of the 2013 roster that is coming together and for those of you who've been long time subscribers, hope that you can trust us when we say we have some cool releases up our sleeves!!

Also as a special gift to 2013 subscribers who act fast, we'll be including a free copy of the Volcom x Yo Gabba Gabba 7” to the first 150 subscribers with the shipment of VEVC 0031. This record is super limited to 500 red vinyl and 500 green vinyl and the 150 copies that we can offer are the last remaining ones. In case you didn’t see this one fly by last year, the record features a collaboration between hip-hop legend Biz Markie and Wayne Coyne of Flaming Lips on one side and on the other side "He's a Chef", the first new Rocket From the Crypt recording in, like, 5 years… no big deal.

It was alright, for $40 I got a Melvins, Night Beats and JEFF the Brotherhood 7", but the rest I didn't care for. Not subscribing this year as they early announcement doesn't do much for me, and you can buy them individually later, just not in the limited colours.

Also disappointed they said there would be a Pink Mountaintops 7" and that never happened. Unless it's the last special surprise for 2012.

Also, JEFF the Brotherhood is not involved in the 2013 one, they are the last one from 2012.

pretty happy on the Radio Moscow announcement for the 1st one for 2013. 2012 was a touch of a letdown compared to the previous year, but Melvins and Wino were a-ight. hoping this year tops last year otherwise it'll be the last time for me. glad for the extra yo gabba gabba thing too. they were very expensive for me (with shipping to Australia) when they came out, so i'm pretty stoked i'll be getting this with my sub.

• 3 weeks later...

Volcom Ent Vinyl Club 2013 is now for sale...

https://store.volcoment.com/vevc/

The first three releases are as follows:

VEVC 31 Radio Moscow 7"

VEVC 32 The Shrine / Zig Zags split 7"

VEVC 33 Tobacco / Black Bananas split 7"

Also...

Subscribers will receive the Yo Gabba Gabba limited 7" with Wayne Coyne, Biz Markie and the first new recordings from Rocket From the Crypt in five years.

Any questions? Please contact kmidness [at] volcom.com

Might try this out. 

It'd be nice to get surprise records in the mail every once in a while. Although it looks like they may have stopped doing 1000 presses of different variants (500 blue, 300 green, 100 clear), which is something it looks like they used to do when they started doing this. That's something that would have hooked me no questions.  

Does anyone know if there's any charges besides the $40? Is there anything else they send you besides the records? 

For this year we are planning on doing color splits of 350 / 650.  the 350 will be reserved for subscribers with a feew extra copies just in case.  We plan on making every effort for the 350 to be on a more special colored vinyl like haze and two color split.  The Radio Moscow subscriber vinyl will be yellow and green haze.  Not sure how it will work out for each release, but that is the basic idea.  Besides the $40 for records there is a one-time shipping charge which varies depending on where you live.

Might try this out. 

It'd be nice to get surprise records in the mail every once in a while. Although it looks like they may have stopped doing 1000 presses of different variants (500 blue, 300 green, 100 clear), which is something it looks like they used to do when they started doing this. That's something that would have hooked me no questions.  

Does anyone know if there's any charges besides the $40? Is there anything else they send you besides the records?

It's another $10.50  extra for shipping.

The variant breakdown is actually from the later years of the club, not the beginning. 

I recommend the club. They're usually timely and they keep you informed. I was in it the first three years but not the last two. I just signed up for 2013, the RFTC single hooked me.

• 2 months later...

Volcom Ent Vinyl Club 2013 is now for sale...

https://store.volcoment.com/vevc/

The first three releases are as follows:

VEVC 31 Radio Moscow 7"

VEVC 32 The Shrine / Zig Zags split 7"

VEVC 33 Tobacco / Black Bananas split 7"

Also...

Subscribers will receive the Yo Gabba Gabba limited 7" with Wayne Coyne, Biz Markie and the first new recordings from Rocket From the Crypt in five years.

Any questions? Please contact kmidness [at] volcom.com

I subscribed when I saw on the Tobacco Facebook page that he was in the subscription... will I still be getting the Yo Gabba Gabba 7"?