The COMMUNITY Thread

Finally, people can stop pretending that season 4 was as good as the rest of the show. Judging by the cast's reactions to Dan's return on Twitter, it seems pretty clear that they were disappointed with last season as well.

I am so excited for the new season now. Listening to Harmontown (required listening for all Community fans, btw) has made it clear that this guy really was the heart of the show, and he really put everything he had into it.

It's pretty funny that everyone jumped down my throat when I said the premier was lacking something with Dan's absence.

I still liked the season if I don't think about it too critically, because I like the characters so much. There are a lot of little things that still nag at me when I rewatched it, though.

will buy a dvd for the first time in several years.

unfortunately, he's not going to tear into it. not that it would be good for anyone if he did, but i would just really love to hear him get real about it a couple times without throwing his entire staff under the bus.

• 1 month later...

Harmon said he's going to be in the first 5 episodes and then get a proper send off. No "I can't believe Troy went to a family reunion or something this week" type shenanigans. It seems rare that a departing character is written out properly, I guess because people usually leave shows between seasons (I'm assuming the explanation for Pierce's absence will be convoluted). Glover is Dan's favorite, so he's not going to pussyfoot around with the ending to his story. And it's probably going to hurt. A lot.

• 5 months later...

wait someone bring me up to fucking speed here.  what the hell is going on.  am i missing annie's boobs???

my wife usually does the dvring and she has not mentioned anything about community.

Season 5 premiered last night with two episodes: Repilot and Introduction to Teaching. They're available on Hulu.

Side note: I don't think Annie's Boobs was on this episode unless I missed her.