What's your latest purchase?

Just got a demo pair of CM8R's from my local audio shop and a Denon DP300-F.  My receiver is pretty budget so I brought it in to test the MMF 5.1 vs the DP300-F.  Honestly couldn't hear the difference and even my sales rep said it wasn't worth spending the extra on the music hall until I went for a better receiver.  Think the set up sounds fucking awesome from where I was at.

2mgqf5w.jpg

I have two Technics turntables that I bought new back in the 80s. One of them is a direct drive automatic and the other is belt driven. Went to connect the belt drive table the other day and the platter wouldn't spin. The belt was in about 100 pieces. Got the new one today and now using the table, Now if only I knew what I did with my mixer when I moved several years ago.

I went looking for a turntable on a local buy,sell,trade group on facebook and was offered this Sansui SR-929 for 35$. I figured I couldn't go wrong with such a cheap price and if it didn't work, then I wouldn't be out of a ton of money. The only issues are that it's platter mat is bent (as you can see in the picture below) and I'm not sure if there is a problem underneath it. Also, the back two legs are missing. It needs a new stylus, but the cartridge looks okay. Honestly, I'm new to the world of vinyl and I'd appreciate any help in restoring this machine to its former glory as much as possible. Thanks for looking!

SansuiTurntable_zpsd043a306.jpg

I went looking for a turntable on a local buy,sell,trade group on facebook and was offered this Sansui SR-929 for 35$. I figured I couldn't go wrong with such a cheap price and if it didn't work, then I wouldn't be out of a ton of money. The only issues are that it's platter mat is bent (as you can see in the picture below) and I'm not sure if there is a problem underneath it. Also, the back two legs are missing. It needs a new stylus, but the cartridge looks okay. Honestly, I'm new to the world of vinyl and I'd appreciate any help in restoring this machine to its former glory as much as possible. Thanks for looking!

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a Technics SL-D2 in Near Mint condition for $200.00.

It was shipped to me in the Original Box and when I started taking the turntable

out of the box it had newspaper stuffed in there I guess as extra padding.

I looked at the dates of the newspaper and it was from 1985!

The seller said he had only used it a couple of years and packed it away and

only now realized he had it and was looking for a home for it. Seeing the dates

on the newspaper made me a believer.

it is in Near Mint shape..looks almost brand new. Not a mark on the lid anywhere and

it all works AWSEOME-LY!

Great find!!

http://vinylguru.net

Scored this super clean 12 inch POLK subwoofer at goodwill for 14.99!!

It sells on amazon for 200+. 

http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-12-Inch-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B000092TT0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415662766&sr=8-1&keywords=polk+subwoofer+12-inch

Hooked her up and was thrilled with the results.

29b0f404-d622-4fe5-b2b6-718d65565ceb.jpg