What's your latest purchase?

19 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

Cantilever is supposed to bend at the bottom, but it's straight.

What!! :(

That seams to be non existent QC.. like you said.

Grado say that the test them and approximately 15% of the production run will get to be green. That is for 1 and maybe also the new 2 models also..

Appears not be true if they do that for the 2 models.. Maybe the demand is so high for black that they maybe do not test them at all?

Hope all will be solved for the best!

Edited by VinylPlayer

recently updated my phone situation to an iPhone 8 Plus.  Which, of course, comes with the opportunity to dive into the world of portable headphone amp/dacs.

Ended up picking up a refurb Oppo HA-2SE.  It's kind of overkill for me but I liked the features and it does sound good in addition to being a beautiful piece of gear that is oddly satisfying to hold in your hand.

oppo_ha-2se_4.jpg?itok=2BeYTmfY&timestam

• 1 month later...

I ditched my Denon DL-160 and switched to a Shelter 201 cartridge and added a JICO neoSAS stylus. This is an amazing combo. The Shelter sounds really good with the stock stylus, lively and dynamic but not bright. The upgraded stylus adds crazy detail and additional refinement to the mix.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently tweaked/upgraded my headphone setup, since with 3 kids under 5, I mostly only have time to listen to headphones instead of my turntable setup.  

Audeze LCD 3 Fazor with Norne Audio balanced headphone cable

Massdrop x Cavalli Liquid Carbon X Amp

Gustard X20U Pro DAC

Kimber Kable PBJ balanced XLR interconnects

Onkyo DPX1A as DAP/transport

image1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2018 at 9:36 AM, Sidney Crosley said:

Recently tweaked/upgraded my headphone setup, since with 3 kids under 5, I mostly only have time to listen to headphones instead of my turntable setup.  

Audeze LCD 3 Fazor with Norne Audio balanced headphone cable

Massdrop x Cavalli Liquid Carbon X Amp

Gustard X20U Pro DAC

Kimber Kable PBJ balanced XLR interconnects

Onkyo DPX1A as DAP/transport

image1.jpg

Cool looking setup. I just use the headphone out on my integrated, I'd be curious to compare it to something like this.

I just rescued this Garrard Lab 80 form Craigslist. It cost me $25 plus a new idler wheel and some serious cleaning and lubing. I'm kind of in love with it.

full&d=1521899721

18 minutes ago, bjorn said:

Cool looking setup. I just use the headphone out on my integrated, I'd be curious to compare it to something like this.

I just rescued this Garrard Lab 80 form Craigslist. It cost me $25 plus a new idler wheel and some serious cleaning and lubing. I'm kind of in love with it.

full&d=1521899721

Sweet find!

For me the all-headphone set-up definitely sounds better than my integrated's headphone out, though not like miles and miles. This particular set up I like because it's designed to be balanced, and between the balanced amp and headphones, I definitely notice a difference from my Burson Conductor (again, not humongous but noticeable). I have yet to connect this headphone amp to the turntable that is connected to my integrated, and I might at some point but it would require moving around a lot of things. My set up is currently almost 5 feet high on top of my 4 x 4 Ikea shelf since that was one of the few flat surfaces available right now.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Found a Technics SL-1200 mk2 by the side of the road awaiting transportation to the dump earlier this week.  It came with a Ortofon OM20  with a beyond whooped stylus. but everything works!  Still need to spend more time with it to ensure everything is good to go.  Already was a Technics guy, been daily driving a SL-1200 mk5 for about 10 years now, but always wanted a mk2. 

oCO2e0a.jpg

As of now all I did was pop the levels off, which one took off some paint :angry:, wiped the nasty layer of grime off and swapped the cart out to a older one I had lying around.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...