What's your latest purchase?

I've come to see Mac equipment kind of like BMW cars.  It's not the last word in anything, but it's great at almost everything and sexy to boot.  There's far higher end pieces than Mac, but it's kinda one of those "I've arrived" things.

Well I'll have to push them up the list then, you're talking to a man who thinks BMW stopped making cars around 1988 when everyone else jumped on the band wagon, I collect old BMW's as well.

Well I'll have to push them up the list then, you're talking to a man who thinks BMW stopped making cars around 1988 when everyone else jumped on the band wagon, I collect old BMW's as well.

Honestly I think even with their high prices, modern Mac equipment is a steal for their value considering how pricey the upper-echelon has become.  Yeah sure a new Mac amp will cost you 5 grand, but if you compare that to the type of stuff that's written up in Stereophile, it will seem like chump change.  I personally think Mac has a very high price-performance ratio in both new and vintage.

Yes sir. Try hitting up your local BestBuy and ask them to check the price on this sku 1224457.

http://i.imgur.com/YqyBsuI.jpg

Sorry if link doesn't work. First time trying to link a pic  :)

I checked over the phone but they said that none of the stores reported any in stock and to order it would be $450, and there were no open box items. Oh well, thanks for the info!

Bought a pair of Blumenstein Orca's (older style with recessed driver) for a second setup downstairs!  Very excited...there is so much heart and soul in single driver, crossoverless speakers:

e156f06ad0d1e42b3e87e2f83929e822.jpg

164022_490469839517_3008732_n.jpg

Wow those are nice! I love the design, so simple!