What's your latest purchase?

Just got some Isonoe feet for my Technics 1210, I'm hoping they'll help cobat the audible footfalls and occasional skips my kids cause when they're charging around the house. Too soon to say if they work but they're really well engineered and constructed.

A wall shelf is about the only way to combat that

I ordered a Schiit Vali headphone amp.  I have nothing in-house to compare it to, but it's shockingly nicely built for the price and then you factor in that it's made in the US.  Mind blowing.  

How does it sound?  I am interested in either a Magni/Vali or perhaps an Asgard.  I think you had mentioned not really liking their higher end amps.

Nice. I'd really like to try a ZU 103R. But, ultimately, I'll probably just get my Dyna retipped.

You know- the whole idea of taking another brand's cartridge, putting a wooden body on it, is weird to me. A lot of people sell those bodies though.

And I thought about getting the R, but it's a ~.05mV difference. My hearing isn't that good, so I figured I'd save the $100 or so. Maybe down the road.

And this will go on my Pro-Ject 1.3, replacing a Ortofon 2M Blue.

Congrats. Thats a fantastic cartridge. Make sure it is matched properly to the phono section to hear what it's all about. The Denon 103 tends to sound best with a proper step up transformer....I suggest cinemag CMQEE-3440A

Thanks for the tip. I'm current using a Parasound 2100 preamp that has an MC phono.

Congrats.  Thats a fantastic cartridge.  Make sure it is matched properly to the phono section to hear what it's all about.  The Denon 103 tends to sound best with a proper step up transformer....I suggest cinemag CMQEE-3440A

+1 on this they are a superb cartridge for the money and I've always preferred transformers over high gain phono stages.

How does it sound?  I am interested in either a Magni/Vali or perhaps an Asgard.  I think you had mentioned not really liking their higher end amps.

When I compared the Asgard to the Valhalla, I preferred the Asgard.  I thought the Burson Soloist SL was a far better sounding amp than both.  I was auditioning them with Audeze LCD-2's and 3's.  Since I don't have any of that to compare, it's impossible for me to guess.  It doesn't sound bad, or overly warm.  For $119, it's hard to complain.

You know- the whole idea of taking another brand's cartridge, putting a wooden body on it, is weird to me. A lot of people sell those bodies though.

And I thought about getting the R, but it's a ~.05mV difference. My hearing isn't that good, so I figured I'd save the $100 or so. Maybe down the road.

And this will go on my Pro-Ject 1.3, replacing a Ortofon 2M Blue.

The Zu replacement body is metal, and it's just a big brick. It looks awesome.

The R supposedly has a few other upgrades under the hood, who knows if it would even be necessary, but, only the best for this D.I.N.K. ;)

Have you had a chance to check it out yet? Initial impressions?

There's a lot of talk on the use if a higher tonearm mass for the 103/103R. Since they were made for older, heavy broadcast arms... So these companies remake them as bricks! But, other people argue against it too!

Yeah the R uses better copper if I remember correctly. Who knows, it'll all sound the same through my Bose ;)

And no I haven't! Installing it tomorrow. Stupid work and stuff has kept me busy.

There's a lot of talk on the use if a higher tonearm mass for the 103/103R. Since they were made for older, heavy broadcast arms... So these companies remake them as bricks! But, other people argue against it too!

Yeah the R uses better copper if I remember correctly. Who knows, it'll all sound the same through my Bose ;)

And no I haven't! Installing it tomorrow. Stupid work and stuff has kept me busy.

I had a non R version mounted in an SME3009 a few years ago and in standard form it mated to that arm very well indeed but I guess that was the sort of arm they were aimed at.