What's your latest purchase?

I'm really happy with the V2. The two main things they said were improvements are clearly improved - lower noise floor and upgraded phono pre. 

I didn't try any other Rogue Gear. What happened was some of my pots were really scratchy and the input selector was making a bad pop when I switched inputs so I was sending my V1 to them to service and instead we agreed to a deal where they send me V2 for a small amount of cash. Super great company.

My other latest purchase is this...

IMG_2443-5.jpg

Vinyl Nirvana TD 160 Super (Midnight Edition).

It's gorgeous! and matches my new ATC's almost perfectly....

TD 160 is my dream table. I'll own one someday. Very nice.

Nice looking TD160, are the upgrades mostly cosmetic (Apart from the arm) or is anything done to the suspension, bearing or motor?

Thanks. I'm running a Music Hall Cruise Control 2.0 which improves motor performance and the solid mahogany plinth is both a cosmetic and sonic improvement. Other than that's it's the arm, wiring, refurb and setup that was done by VN.

Thanks. I'm running a Music Hall Cruise Control 2.0 which improves motor performance and the solid mahogany plinth us both a cosmetic and sonic improvement. Other than that's it's the arm, wiring, refurb and setup that was done by VN.

OK makes sense, the stock arms really the only weak point on a standard TD160, and yours does look particularly nice

It's a shame how all the Thorens that immediately followed the TD160/166 are so poor in comparison.

This is mine.

Yes, RB202, but with a Cardas rewire, which he thinks outperforms the RB303. I've also got the RB303 stainless steel counterweight on mine. 

A Cardas rewire is a big upgrade in pretty much any arm and one of the cheapest upgrades you can do to a turntable. It's amazing the difference it makes and the only limit then is the phono stage you plug it into so yes a Cardas wired 202 will be night and day better than a stock 303 

Edit

before you all get too exited doing it is the hard and expensive bit the wire itself is quite cheap

A Cardas rewire is a big upgrade in pretty much any arm and one of the cheapest upgrades you can do to a turntable. It's amazing the difference it makes and the only limit then is the phono stage you plug it into so yes a Cardas wired 202 will be night and day better than a stock 303 

Edit

before you all get too exited doing it is the hard and expensive bit the wire itself is quite cheap

Yes. Exactly. I actually had a stock TD 160 Super that I wanted to give the Vinyl Nirvana treatment and when I started pricing out the upgrades, as well as the work involved I just decided to flip my Super (for a good profit) and buy one of his. There's no way I could have got mine to this good of a place without spending close to the same amount and screwing several things up along the way.

Yes. Exactly. I actually had a stock TD 160 Super that I wanted to give the Vinyl Nirvana treatment and when I started pricing out the upgrades, as well as the work involved I just decided to flip my Super (for a good profit) and buy one of his. There's no way I could have got mine to this good of a place without spending close to the same amount and screwing several things up along the way.

Fun to do on a scruffy one, the problem is scruffy ones are hard to find now even over here

The other ones that are fun to do are the Lenco's

Fun to do on a scruffy one, the problem is scruffy ones are hard to find now even over here

The other ones that are fun to do are the Lenco's

Yeah that was the "problem" with mine - it was in amazing shape! Didn't really make sense to tear apart. Would love to find a 150/160 that's beat to do some work on.

haha damn, sorry! Why are you selling yours though, if you don't mind me asking? Did you just upgrade or were you not impressed with them?

I went on a tear and bought a bunch of headphones and don't really need 4 pair.

I like the Q701s more than the AT M50s and not quite as much as my AKG K7xx (basically indentical).

The other pair I use sometimes are HE 400s which I maybe like a bit more but are far less comfortable.

Anyone here have any experience with the following carts:

Grado Blue, Red or Silver.

Nagaoka MP 100 or one comparable to aforementioned Grados.

Denon DL 110.

Looking for a new cart to replace my tracker at the $100-200 range. My local shop will install it for free if I purchase the cart from them. Their selection is kind of limited. I know they have the whole Grado series though. Ive had the Green before and loved it.