What's your latest purchase?

I can officially say that my latest purchase is a Rega Brio-R.  This thing is amazing...I have been listening to records all night.  I was kind of bummed about my setup and had no motivation to buy any records for a while because of how mediocre my setup sounded...but now I'm super excited about records again and I'm basically going through all my LP's one by one playing them again.  But now I already have the itch to upgrade from my debut carbon and diamond 220's.  

3 hours ago, parkinglot said:

I can officially say that my latest purchase is a Rega Brio-R.  This thing is amazing...I have been listening to records all night.  I was kind of bummed about my setup and had no motivation to buy any records for a while because of how mediocre my setup sounded...but now I'm super excited about records again and I'm basically going through all my LP's one by one playing them again.  But now I already have the itch to upgrade from my debut carbon and diamond 220's.  

Oops the bug has bitten. Seen it before and there's no helping you now.

Say bye bye to the contents of your bank account and welcome to the sad hand to mouth existence of the HiFi junkie, it's all down hill from here

I just went nuts and got a whole new rig. 

Monitor Audio Silver 2

Rega Brio

Rega Planar 3 with PSU and Blue Ortofon

Pretty pumped about it all, should have it set up next weekend, going away for the week and waiting on a couple of deliveries. I'll be thinking long and hard about which record I'll be playing first. Might be Sigur Ros AB or the new Russian circles.

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 9:06 AM, pemulis said:

I just went nuts and got a whole new rig. 

Monitor Audio Silver 2

Rega Brio

Rega Planar 3 with PSU and Blue Ortofon

Pretty pumped about it all, should have it set up next weekend, going away for the week and waiting on a couple of deliveries. I'll be thinking long and hard about which record I'll be playing first. Might be Sigur Ros AB or the new Russian circles.

Grats. I hope you have some heavy duty stands for those speakers.  I've seen them in person and was kind of shocked with how substantial they are.

11 minutes ago, Sidney Crosley said:

So jealous of the LCD-2s. Was thinking they'd be my next pair...   Are those with Fazor or pre-Fazor?

They are Fazor but manufactured May this year, so was in the run that corrected the issues with the Fazor (bass issues IIRC). I am now saving up for an Audeze Deckard to pair these with, will chime in once I have had a proper listen :)

11 hours ago, _stretts said:

They are Fazor but manufactured May this year, so was in the run that corrected the issues with the Fazor (bass issues IIRC). I am now saving up for an Audeze Deckard to pair these with, will chime in once I have had a proper listen :)

How much, if you don't mind me asking? I was in a local store today and they are going for $1400 CAD ($1100 US) which I think is a little high...

11 hours ago, _stretts said:

How much, if you don't mind me asking? I was in a local store today and they are going for $1400 CAD ($1100 US) which I think is a little high...

Grabbed a used iFi iPhono off Canuck Audio Mart. $260 shipped. The exchange rate definitely helped. So far I can hear a subtle bump in sound quality over the internal preamp in my Rotel, but I've only messed with it for a bit. If nothing else, I love that I can make adjustments to better match my cart.

Just got a really nice condition Marantz 1530 and a Technics SL-5300. The Technics is still on its way shipping but I picked up the Marantz in person this morning and unfortunately only had about 10 minutes to fuss with it before having to head to work but the few songs I played through it sounded pretty freakin' awesome. I'm going to have to spend some time finding EQ settings that I really like for general use and minimal tweaking from record to record but I love that I've got a Mid knob now. So sexy. Played the records on a newer Denon 300F going through the 1530.

Eventually I'm going to upgrade to a Marantz 2270 or 2285B but until I can comfortably drop the coin on one of those, I'll be pretty happy to use the 1530.

On 9/3/2016 at 5:47 PM, yanquiuxo said:

No

This.

Also.

On 8/31/2016 at 6:42 PM, mcpherson123 said:

Eventually I'm going to upgrade to a Marantz 2270 or 2285B

Why so? Audio has come leaps and bounds

Also also

I'm going to have to spend some time finding EQ settings that I really like for general use and minimal tweaking from record to record

Don't mess with EQ. And tweaking from record to record just sounds exhausting. Set it all to noon and forget it.

On 9/3/2016 at 5:47 PM, yanquiuxo said:

No

This.

Also.

Eventually I'm going to upgrade to a Marantz 2270 or 2285B

Why so? Audio has come leaps and bounds. You have an older model Marantz now, if you're going to upgrade... upgrade!

Also also

I'm going to have to spend some time finding EQ settings that I really like for general use and minimal tweaking from record to record

Don't mess with EQ. And tweaking from record to record just sounds exhausting. Set it all to noon and forget it.

Edited by ajxd

I was going to wait another year or so before I moved into my idler wheel turntable journey. Well, I just went ahead and moved that planning forward!
I bought a Steve Dobbins Garrard 301 (cream colored, oil bearing version) with the upgraded copper platter. I haven't decided what tonearm and cartridge I want for it, but it should all happen relatively soon. The turntable ships tomorrow!

Here she is:

[IMG]