Beating a dead horse. Someone post a picture of that dolphin. Flipping will never go away. If you don't want to support it, don't buy it from them and just buy a regular copy. Simple. If you must have that limited color, then buy it and shut it. Sorry, but hearing people always whining about damn flippers gets old. They suck, we know it, move on.

"Record labels first need see that this is happening"

You've been living in a hole, huh? The reason for the variants is to drive a collectors market that helps move records. Variant collectors of popular bands are bread and butter. Kids on the fence about a new band jump in for a limited variant. 

As to buying more than one copy of a release - not my standard operating procedure but I have no shame in knowing I can trade an LP for one I missed and is now being flipped. To use your example - I traded a Floral Green for a Shed on Blue straight up. I then gifted my black vinyl Shed to someone else. To me, the system works. I have no shame in that I avoided paying $80 for that copy of Shed by grabbing two Floral variants.

Way back in the day I traded my Crippled Youth 7" for a Sick of it All and Chain 7" - you know, I wasn't interested in getting the $3 I paid for it when I made that deal in 1996. Judge me all you want but there is nothing wrong with finding a way to fill holes in your collection. 

You're overly serious and angry about it. You make it sound like you got into buying vinyl in 2012. Revelation perfected limited releases in the 80's and it's been copied ever since. Your internet rage might make you feel better but it isn't worth much. 

You're overly serious and angry about it. You make it sound like you got into buying vinyl in 2012. Revelation perfected limited releases in the 80's and it's been copied ever since. Your internet rage might make you feel better but it isn't worth much.

You don't know man, vinyl flippers killed his partner who was one day away from retirement... He hasn't been the same since.

Putting VC in the same breath as eBay when it comes to Flippers and the like is preposterous. Yes, a few flippers have outed themselve on here out of sheer stupidity on their part, but I have yet to see a massive amount of flippers putting up their records and selling. At least not publicly. Whatever. This dude is bitter, understandably so, but it's a subject and discussion that will never go away.

Scalpers will never stop and go away. Flippers will never stop and go away. If there's money to be made off someone else's misfortune or tardiness in getting that precious Title Fight variant record, someone will take advantage of it. Deal with it.  

Putting VC in the same breath as eBay when it comes to Flippers and the like is preposterous. Yes, a few flippers have outed themselve on here out of sheer stupidity on their part, but I have yet to see a massive amount of flippers putting up their records and selling. At least not publicly. Whatever. This dude is bitter, understandably so, but it's a subject and discussion that will never go away.

Scalpers will never stop and go away. Flippers will never stop and go away. If there's money to be made off someone else's misfortune or tardiness in getting that precious Title Fight variant record, someone will take advantage of it. Deal with it.  

Yeah i'm a bit angry about it, but not as angry other people I know, are. I understand the whole "limited variant" game, and if I miss out, I miss out. Angry, but that's how it works. I've never had any real problems with VC, I was just more recognizing that it does happen sometimes on here (since this is one of the bigger vinyl trading websites out there, and for good reason). 

many of us try to give others on here decent deals that are well below ebay prices

I've gotten some really awesome deals here. Don't get me wrong and think I think this board is bad, cause it's not. At all. Gotten some of my favorite records from here for real good prices. I was just saying it can exist on here due to the open nature of the forum.