May be moving soon. help me out with info

yeah i agree, almost anywhere in new england. i grew up in a little farm town in CT and then lived in Boston for 5 years for school. im moving back the first chance i get. you'll get all the seasons. i like that. they are getting 30+ inches of snow this weekend

yea, a lot of my family is still there. its all over my facebook. i know exactly what the OP is feeling. its why I left NH.

So is this the Official Convince People Your Home Town Rawks thread?

If Appleton of the Wisconsin is the awesomest of the awesome.  It has both stuff and things.

• In all seriousness can we do this as a contest?  How about an essay contest? Or how about hold a raffle and winner gets to choose where Controlthebleeding lives?  I would so totally chip in $2 for a ticket.

(I have no idea how I added a bulletpoint but yay for random bullet points)

boston is a small city, lots of public trans. when i lived there, i hated it, but now i miss it. texas is too big.

i would live outside the city if i were to ever go back, and theres still public trans to the city, providence is kinda cool too...still close to boston, 30mins - 1hr trai ride

and allston, is kinda like a smaller version of austin.

Yeah, Transportation is a big deal, because i have no vehicle, unless it's a small town where i can ride a bike to and from work. 

sean, austin is rad, but i've lived here off and on for the last 16 years. it changed in a way i really dont like. it's becoming way overcrowded, the rental properties are higher than the rate of pay is. not to mention, its becoming to hip for it's own good. Mind you, in texas, i wouldn't live anywhere else, but overall, i'm done with this state. But i will visit every year for chaos in tejas. can't miss that.

IDK if Ann Arbor is what you think it is, it has a mega mall and the heart of U of M sports

It's also been called the most liberal city in America. Very nice. Just might want to figure out where the college kids are and not live there.

Ann Arbor is a whore.

I've only been to Ann Arbor once, but I'll never go back to that place. Everyone here has said everything, but I would like to stress that most of the people I've met there are just terrible people.

Now Grand Rapids or Kalamazoo would be good for you. I would say Chicago, but there's too many damn people here. Best of luck.

If Appleton of the Wisconsin is the awesomest of the awesome.  It has both stuff and things.

When control listed all the things he was looking for in a town, Appleton was the first one I thought of.

Yeah, Transportation is a big deal, because i have no vehicle, unless it's a small town where i can ride a bike to and from work. 

sean, austin is rad, but i've lived here off and on for the last 16 years. it changed in a way i really dont like. it's becoming way overcrowded, the rental properties are higher than the rate of pay is. not to mention, its becoming to hip for it's own good. Mind you, in texas, i wouldn't live anywhere else, but overall, i'm done with this state. But i will visit every year for chaos in tejas. can't miss that.

Minneapolis does have pretty good public transportation now. And you could deffinatley ride your bike around. But half the city is filled with hipsters.

I've lived in a couple different places in Michigan. Right now I live in what I believe was ranked the most dangerous city for women in the country. Wouldn't recommend. I hope to be out of the state in 5 years max.

I've lived in a couple different places in Michigan. Right now I live in what I believe was ranked the most dangerous city for women in the country. Wouldn't recommend. I hope to be out of the state in 5 years max.

You wait 5 years to leave a state if you're incarcerated. Otherwise, 5 months should do the trick. 

Buffalo!  Everyone jokes about us being the country's armpit, but really shit is starting to get a lot better here.  Great food, great people, and Canada is only like 15 minutes away if you get sick of it.

i'd be going to buffalo games all the time since i'm a bills fan (or life!)

Honestly Appleton WI might be a place you should think about moving to.  The city is reasonably cheap to live in.  Reasonably good bus system.  If you live near College Ave you can bike or walk to almost anything you need.  Slightly below average unemployment. 

Above and beyond that decent record store with a good selection of hardcore.  As far as I know Punk House is still up and running and has shows that you would enjoy.  2 hours from Madison or Milwaukee.  4 Hours from Chicago.  6 from Minneapolis.

Honestly Appleton WI might be a place you should think about moving to.  The city is reasonably cheap to live in.  Reasonably good bus system.  If you live near College Ave you can bike or walk to almost anything you need.  Slightly below average unemployment. 

Above and beyond that decent record store with a good selection of hardcore.  As far as I know Punk House is still up and running and has shows that you would enjoy.  2 hours from Madison or Milwaukee.  4 Hours from Chicago.  6 from Minneapolis.

what are the people like? is it safe? what are the women like? 

6 hours from minneapolis? shit, i can visit my cousin's and all her kids then. haha. it's hard to chose. some of these places you all suggest are really nice. Appleton, Burlington, Paoli/King of Prussia (well i'm familiar with the area already), Minneapolis (since my family lives there),  are exactly what i'm looking for. I might be hitting a lot of you up regarding info. Seattle is out of the question. way to far up north-west. the trip to FEST killed me last year when i was living in WA.