Transit - Young New England

I like it but get some of the negativity but a lot of the AP staff are nitpicking about it way too much. A lot of the songs are catchy. So what if the vocals sound a bit off pitch...most of the people on that site worship Blink 182. Nobody is gonna say this new Transit album is groundbreaking but it has quite a few catchy songs that get stuck in your head easy. Nothing Last Forever is a really fun song.

Yup. This is what the people on AP don't seem to grasp but whatever. I've been enjoying it in the car with the windows down. 

I'm an active user on AP, but I really take a lot of the criticism that members have on there with a grain of salt. I like to form my own opinion since everyone's taste is different. I just hate when people read a comment on something and then go into the album and not being able to form their own opinion.

I'm an active user on AP, but I really take a lot of the criticism that members have on there with a grain of salt. I like to form my own opinion since everyone's taste is different. I just hate when people read a comment on something and then go into the album and not being able to form their own opinion.

I'm glad you can handle all that crap. Reading that review and the comment section was a painful experience. I have never really read anything else on the site except maybe 3 or 4 other reviews, I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon unless it's to stream a new track and I'll skip the comment section.

I'm glad you can handle all that crap. Reading that review and the comment section was a painful experience. I have never really read anything else on the site except maybe 3 or 4 other reviews, I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon unless it's to stream a new track and I'll skip the comment section.

Some people are really arrogant on there, but there are a lot of great people too. Not everyone is arguing and being negative. I agree with you though. That review was a bit harsh and the comment section was just a shit show. I might comment on a news item or something along those lines, but you won't catch me in a review. Too many people in the comments on reviews just don't form their own opinion. They might be missing out on their favorite album of the year just because they listened to what someone else thought.

Its a bad case of the "bandwagon butthurts". People worship a staff member so much when he releases a negative review it skews their opinion so much they can't even listen to it without feeling negativity or just straight up won't listen to it but will come out acting like they are producers and nitpick everything done wrong. 

The album is really not that different from L&F. It is a bit more poppy, his vocals sound a bit different at times (not all the time), and the album carries a theme related to their home and is personal so it could be interpreted as less relatable. Its catchy pop rock (alt rock/pop punk fusion w/e). Its about a 6.5-7 on a normal grading scale and thats fair. I enjoy the album and it is far from perfect but if I was to write a review I would get to the heart of all the same issues but not totally forget to mention all the pros. At first I respected Thomas for speaking his negative opinion on the album and saying its just an opinion and he wants people to talk about it but after reading those comments I recognize the issue his review has. I am not saying he should change his score or anything but he doesn't talk about  the 'good' of the album. 

An album will never grow on a person if the listener is too weighed down by wanting to go along with the majority opinion and has negativity on the brain going into the album. It gets better with further listens and is shameless catchy pop rock with faults along the way but you can tell how personal the album is. Its not AOTY material but its a great year for music, still early in the year, and not every new album has to be a masterpiece. Its enjoyable. I see this album really sounding great in Fall. I don't need to dissect each track cause thats for the listener. The overall assessment applies to just about every song. I have my favorites and least favorites but nothing makes me wanna skip it on a heartbeat nor rave about it as a new american classic. Its a fun album and these kinds of albums stay in my car for long trips when I am in cruise control. This is not really a review but its a fair assessment of the album based on my opinion. I am glad people like and people don't cause thats what opinions are for but nobody should ever feel ashame to have different opinions than reviews...thats just cowardly. 

Some people are really arrogant on there, but there are a lot of great people too. Not everyone is arguing and being negative. I agree with you though. That review was a bit harsh and the comment section was just a shit show. I might comment on a news item or something along those lines, but you won't catch me in a review. Too many people in the comments on reviews just don't form their own opinion. They might be missing out on their favorite album of the year just because they listened to what someone else thought.

Yeah the one time I decide to actually check out the site was enough to turn me off. I guess the Transit review did make me enjoy the album more because it was just so mind boggling that I keep going back to the album to see if I'm crazy.

Its a bad case of the "bandwagon butthurts". People worship a staff member so much when he releases a negative review it skews their opinion so much they can't even listen to it without feeling negativity or just straight up won't listen to it but will come out acting like they are producers and nitpick everything done wrong. 

The album is really not that different from L&F. It is a bit more poppy, his vocals sound a bit different at times (not all the time), and the album carries a theme related to their home and is personal so it could be interpreted as less relatable. Its catchy pop rock (alt rock/pop punk fusion w/e). Its about a 6.5-7 on a normal grading scale and thats fair. I enjoy the album and it is far from perfect but if I was to write a review I would get to the heart of all the same issues but not totally forget to mention all the pros. At first I respected Thomas for speaking his negative opinion on the album and saying its just an opinion and he wants people to talk about it but after reading those comments I recognize the issue his review has. I am not saying he should change his score or anything but he doesn't talk about  the 'good' of the album. 

An album will never grow on a person if the listener is too weighed down by wanting to go along with the majority opinion and has negativity on the brain going into the album. It gets better with further listens and is shameless catchy pop rock with faults along the way but you can tell how personal the album is. Its not AOTY material but its a great year for music, still early in the year, and not every new album has to be a masterpiece. Its enjoyable. I see this album really sounding great in Fall. I don't need to dissect each track cause thats for the listener. The overall assessment applies to just about every song. I have my favorites and least favorites but nothing makes me wanna skip it on a heartbeat nor rave about it as a new american classic. Its a fun album and these kinds of albums stay in my car for long trips when I am in cruise control. This is not really a review but its a fair assessment of the album based on my opinion. I am glad people like and people don't cause thats what opinions are for but nobody should ever feel ashame to have different opinions than reviews...thats just cowardly. 

I read the new FOB review and the sucking up to Jason Tate in the comment section almost made me vomit on the keyboard...I don't know which was worse, the comment section in Transit or everyone going, "OMG Jason you are the best ever!" in the FOB thread. 

IN MY OPINION, Your non-review of the album was actually better than the review put up and you spent probably 2 minutes writing it. To me, it's still L&F 2.0.  Expectations were too high and in this case it unfortunately skewed Nassif's review to the downside. Not only do I disagree with his review but I disagree with the way he wrote it. He should have been a little bit more delicate in expressing his negative view or maybe just talked to you before writing it...I'm still convinced they got a bum copy. However, I'm glad there were a few brave souls that took the time to listen to the album and wrote something positive in the thread.

I think Transit's big mistake was releasing "Nothing Lasts Forever" as the single. Yes, it's catchy but it's also corny and I honestly hated the song when I first heard it. It's definitely grown on me and is a great radio jam. But if they had released "Weathered Souls", "So Long So Long", "Don't Go Don't Stray",  or maybe even "Bright Light, Dark Shadows," I feel like listeners would not have been as turned off initially and then maybe given the album more of a chance. Anyways, that's my 2 cents.

The people who are so convinced that people are judging this album too hard are just as bad how you think the people judging this too hard are.

The song writing just isn't as good in my eyes. Weathered Souls is easily one of my least favorite songs of the year, I absolutely despise the verses and the chorus is even worse. It's not even just the vocals as much as the melody just doesn't work at all.

So please, stop assuming people are judging too hard when the judgments are absolutely justified.

The people who are so convinced that people are judging this album too hard are just as bad how you think the people judging this too hard are.

The song writing just isn't as good in my eyes. Weathered Souls is easily one of my least favorite songs of the year, I absolutely despise the verses and the chorus is even worse. It's not even just the vocals as much as the melody just doesn't work at all.

So please, stop assuming people are judging too hard when the judgments are absolutely justified.

People are too quick to not judge poorly. Everyone is so afraid of saying a band made a bad album. 

I can honestly say that I have never read a review and had it affect what I think of a record. Even if the review completely trashes something before I listen to it, I still go in with an open mind because I know that the fact is, is that the person who gave it a bad review is only their opinion and everyone likes and takes certain stuff out of music differently than others do.

For every person who thinks something sucks, there's one person who loves it. Arguing over what you think sucks and doesn't suck is absolutely pointless.

I can't be the only one who doesn't give a shit what a review of an album says.

I can honestly say that I have never read a review and had it affect what I think of a record. Even if the review completely trashes something before I listen to it, I still go in with an open mind because I know that the fact is, is that the person who gave it a bad review is only their opinion and everyone likes and takes certain stuff out of music differently than others do.

For every person who thinks something sucks, there's one person who loves it. Arguing over what you think sucks and doesn't suck is absolutely pointless.

I can't be the only one who doesn't give a shit what a review of an album says.

nope, i don't read reviews. just check out threads people make/things my friends rec/similar artists to those i already enjoy.

People are too quick to not judge poorly. Everyone is so afraid of saying a band made a bad album. 

Especially if it's a band they like. I mean, I was heartbroken that I hated this, I had such faith. But I mean, there was almost nothing about the album that drew me back. Why should I go back and listen to it if that's the way I really feel?

I can also say that tons of people on AP hated it before the review came out. Hanging out in that thread when that album leaked was crazy, also very sad for the band.

Its justified for some but not all. Considering most of the debate is on absolutepunk and who wrote the review I would doubt every user there bashing the album even listened to it. I am just saying its good to have an open mind to things. There are plenty of albums that are loved I dislike and vice versa. If you really think their is no bias going into some of the hate the album gets just to fit in, understand the review, or the negativity just clouds their head before they even listen than I would call you a fool in the most respectable way possible. The album is crap to some. The album is great to some. The album is alright to some but some people just make their mind up when they see a bunch of reviews because nobody wants to be an outlier.

I can see why Veggie Co. was frustrated with you...

I can see why Veggie Co. was frustrated with you...

how is that? i've given the record enough of a fair chance, love the band, even saw them play. this just isn't a good record in my eyes and the fact that people are like "WELL THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE IT ARE OBVIOUSLY IN SOME SORT OF MOB MENTALITY WHERE THEY HAVEN'T LISTENED TO IT AND THEIR REASONS SUCK AND IT'S GOOD BECAUSE X" are pissing me off. 

how is that? i've given the record enough of a fair chance, love the band, even saw them play. this just isn't a good record in my eyes and the fact that people are like "WELL THE PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE IT ARE OBVIOUSLY IN SOME SORT OF MOB MENTALITY WHERE THEY HAVEN'T LISTENED TO IT AND THEIR REASONS SUCK AND IT'S GOOD BECAUSE X" are pissing me off. 

Ok I realize your initial post may not have been directed towards me at all but I sort of felt like it was at least a little bit. I also don't know how old you are but I know the way that kids act and there is definitely going to be a mob mentality going on with them not just in music but everything else. I'd love to PM you at some point over the next few days to explain what I've been trying to say for quite some time and why you have been frustrating. ..if that's ok with you. 

I've given the album an honest listen since it's leak, and it's grown on me. It's still easily their worst record, and the terrible production doesn't help it. I wish the melodies and lyrics were more inspired.

I might pick up the $8 record via Amazon still. It's an enjoyable listen minus a few tracks, and I'd like to support the band.

I've given the album an honest listen since it's leak, and it's grown on me. It's still easily their worst record, and the terrible production doesn't help it. I wish the melodies and lyrics were more inspired.

I might pick up the $8 record via Amazon still. It's an enjoyable listen minus a few tracks, and I'd like to support the band.

solid post from a solid man.

HI MAX