Mallcore records

kouka

When I was 13 I was listening to thrash, hardcore and punk. I remember my dad saying in 25 years that I won't be listening to this music. Well he was wrong. I pretty much still listen to that same music today. My dad actually liked some of the music I listened to so it's pretty cool you have similar taste in styles of music with your daughter.

Being 13 and living in Malaysia , I didn't got much choice of what to listen to. Price of tapes and cds was hella expensive at that time and I thought vinyl lp was already history at that time. I listened to some sappy local artists at that time and only later on i gotta know about Beatles and Nirvana. Kinda lucky i guess but a local tv station at that time aired a programme called "Alternatif" which leads me to know more about other cool bands like Oasis, Semisonic. Mufflon 5 and lots more. They even went to Sweden and recorded a festival there!. 

You young fucking assholes make me feel so fucking old. 

Wait, I am.

When I was 13 it was 1983. Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Ozzy, Dio, Iron Maiden, Kiss, Def Leppard and Motley Crue. All on original cassettes before it was retro ironic hip to like tapes.

I couldn't imagine growing up now. 

So my daughter has been getting into Of Mice and Men, Bullet For My Valentine, Pierce the Veil, Fall Out Boy, etc.. and she likes vinyl, so I thought if maybe some folks on here might have grown out of that shit and would want to sell it.

Let me knowwwww.

Most Hot Topics carry vinyl and have most "mallcore" stuff as you call it. 

When i was 13, i was listening to Blink 182. I know i was young and they suck, oh wait most of you still get a chub when you think of them.

Someone had to say it.  Enema of the State was one of the first albums I purchased as a kid.  And in those years, both it and TOYPAJ were pretty much the bee's knees.  I can maybe listen to them once a blue moon for the sake of nostalgia... but the idea of getting legitimately excited for new Blink material, at the age of 24, is laughable at best.

Someone had to say it.  Enema of the State was one of the first albums I purchased as a kid.  And in those years, both it and TOYPAJ were pretty much the bee's knees.  I can maybe listen to them once a blue moon for the sake of nostalgia... but the idea of getting legitimately excited for new Blink material, at the age of 24, is laughable at best.

this......although i did enjoy the S/T. but yea, what he said. 

I will always appreciate blink for getting me into a bunch of different bands, but anything after enema to me is garbage. I only really like anything durring enema and before due to nostalgia, i don't own any blind on vinyl and i don't plan to. 

When I was 13 I was competely obsessed with The Smiths and Morrissey, and I hated how my friends criticized them all the time.

Chino?

When I was thirteen (96-97) I was listening to Manson (ACSS and preceding albums), Nine Inch Nails (TDS and prior), Pantera (mostly FBD and TGST), 80's thrash Metallica, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, Pink Floyd (mostly The Wall and WYWH), and maybe some other BS mixed in but those were the main ones.