PO: FRANK OCEAN "Channel Orange"

Word of caution: unless you want to hear an mp3 rip of someone's cell phone audio, don't buy Channel Live. I almost guarantee its crap. Blonde should be okay quality considering the magazine had a cd version inside. Endless might never see the light of day as far as a physical release, so if you were going to grab just one, I'd grab Endless (even though the audio is ripped straight from the stream, we have no other sources). Blonde has a great chance of seeing a physical release now that Frank is independent. Endless is still Def Jam and i'm sure they're going to bury it. 

56 minutes ago, anightdrive said:

Word of caution: unless you want to hear an mp3 rip of someone's cell phone audio, don't buy Channel Live. I almost guarantee its crap. Blonde should be okay quality considering the magazine had a cd version inside. Endless might never see the light of day as far as a physical release, so if you were going to grab just one, I'd grab Endless (even though the audio is ripped straight from the stream, we have no other sources). Blonde has a great chance of seeing a physical release now that Frank is independent. Endless is still Def Jam and i'm sure they're going to bury it. 

I can guarantee that they will sound exactly like the ripped samples on-site, just with that "rich vinyl sound". /s

Edited by freedumb
/s, just in case.

On 9/23/2016 at 3:54 PM, anightdrive said:

Blonde has a great chance of seeing a physical release now that Frank is independent.

Very doubtful. He'd have to secure clearance for the samples he used if he wanted to do a physical release. Considering he sampled both Stevie Wonder and The Beatles (twice), I really doubt we're going to see a physical release of blond anytime soon. It's the same reason Chance the Rapper has never done physicals for his stuff.

On 9/30/2016 at 5:29 PM, WolfGangnamStyle said:

Very doubtful. He'd have to secure clearance for the samples he used if he wanted to do a physical release. Considering he sampled both Stevie Wonder and The Beatles (twice), I really doubt we're going to see a physical release of blond anytime soon. It's the same reason Chance the Rapper has never done physicals for his stuff.

That would explain some things but not others, plainly because other sampled records are released on CDs which are a physical medium.

Also in Frank Ocean news, this is old but you can finally buy a FLAC version of nostalgia.ULTRA from 7digital.  Sure "american wedding" is deleted, but that's no surprise.  There is FLAC of that track floating around on the 'net but I can't vouch for its lossless-ness.

Also you can buy Blond in FLAC on Tical if that's what you're into.

Edited by firefoxussr

It's possible you may get a bent corner because their mailers aren't the best (they are a flimsier Amazon/Bullmoose/third man style), But generally they are pretty good. I've made 7-8 orders from them and have had great success in terms of arrival and condition. Quality tends to vary, but they are boots.  Their customer service is really good. 

Edited by timsimmons

I have gotten orders delivered  from them in good condition, but the last was the wrong order entirely.

VinylDigital said they would make it right at first, but after months of following up, they just stopped responding. 

From what I've seen on this site and my experience for a VinylDigital.com review: generally they're good service and deliver well on orders, but sometimes they cut corners or have inconsistent service quality. If you order from them through ebay, at least, you can hold them accountable with eBay buyer protection

couldn't get the embedding thing to work, so here's a hyperlink to a picture I took:

Instagram

received my copy yesterday. Really decent quality pressing and sleeve: if you own the Drake - If You're Reading This... bootleg they put out, you know what you get. Glossy sleeve with minimalistic artwork and a surprisingly quiet, powerful sounding pressing. My copy seems to be slightly off-center on side B, but it's definitely listenable while all the other sides are pretty much flawless. As per usual from Vinyldigital, the vinyl is clear with some random "clear swirls" and you might even catch some color here and there (my copy has a slight yellow streak which is neat).

Edited by poweredbytrust
deleted embed