PO: FRANK OCEAN "Channel Orange"

3 hours ago, The Taint Tickler said:

Same. Rather excited. Just praying the pressings aren't Acid Rap levels of garbage.

They haven't been that way for quite a while... in fact, the recent ones are all good, in my opinion.  Acid Rap is a fairly old album they've been pressing it endlessly.  That said, I've owned several different copies through the years and some of those are also "ok" too, although nowhere near as good as any of the bootleg releases that came after it.

13 minutes ago, freedumb said:

They haven't been that way for quite a while... in fact, the recent ones are all good, in my opinion.  Acid Rap is a fairly old album they've been pressing it endlessly.  That said, I've owned several different copies through the years and some of those are also "ok" too, although nowhere near as good as any of the bootleg releases that came after it.

The original opaque pink Acid rap sounded fantastic. The first clear pressing was shit. The most recent clear pressing that they are selling now is back to being good.

24 minutes ago, joshman150 said:

The original opaque pink Acid rap sounded fantastic. The first clear pressing was shit. The most recent clear pressing that they are selling now is back to being good.

Still don't think I'd go quite as far as calling any of the Acid Rap pressings I heard as "good", but could call them "decent" or "acceptable".

2 hours ago, freedumb said:

Still don't think I'd go quite as far as calling any of the Acid Rap pressings I heard as "good", but could call them "decent" or "acceptable".

Did you have one of the original hand numbered ones? That one is just as good of quality as channel orange and coloring book. 

21 minutes ago, poweredbytrust said:

what do you mean? Is it damaged? My mailer had some small dents as well, but they did an excellent packaging job so I doubt there could have been any damage from shipping. Their mailers are really super sturdy.

Yeah just the outer box, I haven't opened it yet, fingers crossed

agree about the "outer box" and its flaps not being the toughest of cardboard I have seen, but the inner box does the trick in my opinion. Glad for all of you who can enjoy their copies now. I also agree that a gatefold would have been nice, but as far as I know vinyldigital has never done any of their bootlegs in gatefold anyway. It would probably also cause them to jack up the price a little, so I'm fine with the release as it is.

1 hour ago, joshman150 said:

You guys get your orders from them super quick. I am on the East Coast and I'm still waiting on a different order shipped on October 6th

Damn, that's a long time. I'm also on the east coast and it usually takes about a week from when I get the shipped email to receive the item. Had an order ship on the 11th and got it on the 19th this month.

Edited by RhoBearToe