PO: FRANK OCEAN "Channel Orange"

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, joshman150 said:

i'm still waiting WTF

Is it still marked as "in stock"? If so, hit them up. Their customer service is usually pretty good and quick.

It's also possible they have to wait for a back order or something..

I'm sure you don't have to worry either way, they are pretty big here in Germany.

8 hours ago, poweredbytrust said:

Is it still marked as "in stock"? If so, hit them up. Their customer service is usually pretty good and quick.

It's also possible they have to wait for a back order or something..

I'm sure you don't have to worry either way, they are pretty big here in Germany.

It is in transit i checked tracking today just taking forever it seems :/

• 2 weeks later...

What is more unique about this situation is that Ocean not only bought himself out of the contract, but bought out the rights to his recordings as well. Major label (and most independent label) recording agreements stipulate that the label will own the artist’s recordings, as the label is usually fronting the money to make the recordings. Recording agreements don’t automatically come with the right to buy back masters; that clause is usually included via a good music attorney that knows to negotiate for it. However, many artists that have buy-back rights included in the contract don’t get to exercise those rights due to lack of funds. Ocean was in a privileged position in that he was able to accumulate enough of his own money to meet what was probably a hefty price for his freedom.

Oh so that's why, he owns the master recordings now.  #respect

http://www.forbes.com/sites/legalentertainment/2016/11/18/checkmate-frank-ocean-goes-independent/

Edited by firefoxussr

On 12/9/2016 at 5:13 PM, B-dosia said:

I wonder how much he had to pay to get them back?

Must have been hundreds of thousands or more.  He still had money to buy a McLaren 675LT, so couldn't've been too much :D  Oh and he was still able to say write 'fuck off' on the check returning the advance for the campaign ad/song for Chipolte  which Fiona Apple ended up taking a payday, ultimately.

Edited by firefoxussr

• 4 months later...