PO: FRANK OCEAN "Channel Orange"

10 hours ago, mmfood said:

Haven't heard it yet but Kendrick, Andre 3000 and Yung Lean are all on it. I can't wait to listen to it

Kendrick's contribution amounts to some microsecond background shouts maybe tent ime in the track he is on. 3k's verse though.....damn nothing will prepare you

Another double

Edited by _stretts

I was expecting something in the surrounds of Channel Orange but as their hard genesis would hint, both records are way out of that scope. They are beautiful but minimal at the same time and Frank's qualities are all over them. He carries the whole thing as if the beats and guitars almost weren't necessary. It's like you have to dig for more in music that sounds somewhat rushed and shallow but once it clicks, it's awesome. I don't remember listening to music like that lately, especially in black music albums where people is usually all over the place.

And Blond has beaten Endless for me so far. I suspect I'll be listening to those records a lot in the forthcoming months.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, keithyap said:

There's a PO on Amazon UK for Channel Orange.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008CJ0KH4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_aRc2xbM2Y11TS

edit: My bad, just realize this has been posted a couple of pages back. 

Missed this so thanks.  

At the same time, anyone else suspicious if this is legit?  Also, there are 3 Drake albums up for pre-order on Amazon or even fatbeats.  Are these Frank Ocean and Drake releases this just V-D pulling a fast one?  I mean, it's possible but I am super skeptical that all of these VD boots are suddenly up for pre-order legit.  I have serious doubts about the authenticity but would love someone to prove me wrong.  Wouldn't the Internet have exploded if this were real?

1 hour ago, freedumb said:

^^^

I have no idea about this.  My first intro to Frank O vinyl was with the Nostalgia Ultra boot... think i got from strictlydiscs or some place in the USA.  Was a big deal here on VC at the time I seem to recall.  Anyone else have any insight?

Strictly Discs is my local record store here in Madison. They carry the bootlegs that Vinyl-Digital offers.

28 minutes ago, Tommy said:

How is there no word on an official release or boot for 'Blonde' yet?

Took a little over a month for TLOP boots to show up so I assume in the coming weeks we will see some. And I would put money down saying they will have rushed and have duplicate songs or songs missing similar to Yeezus and TLOP.