THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

So you are bitching and saying this guy is a flipper because he purchased a record, decided that he no longer wanted it, tried to trade it/sell it on here and no one wanted to trade or buy it, and then posted it on ebay for 9.99? Why is it his "moral" issue, when he put it up for a fair price and OTHERS bid it up to 96 dollars? He didnt do a fucking thing wrong at all, its the "stupid" people that are causing the issue. It is still going to a fan (one who is willing to pay substantiall for it) and you come off as hurt that you cant get a steal on it. Why is it ok to sell your Deja test press for 400 dollars, but this is wrong?

...you come off as hurt that you cant get a steal on it. Why is it ok to sell your Deja test press for 400 dollars, but this is wrong?

<3 this so much! ;D

To answer your question: it is because he is a whining, entitled, HYPOCRITCAL, little baby. If you love the band/record that much, you would have made it a point to get your hands on one when they were first made available. I can't wait for the clever replies to that one...

So you are bitching and saying this guy is a flipper because he purchased a record, decided that he no longer wanted it, tried to trade it/sell it on here and no one wanted to trade or buy it, and then posted it on ebay for 9.99? Why is it his "moral" issue, when he put it up for a fair price and OTHERS bid it up to 96 dollars? He didnt do a fucking thing wrong at all, its the "stupid" people that are causing the issue. It is still going to a fan (one who is willing to pay substantiall for it) and you come off as hurt that you cant get a steal on it. Why is it ok to sell your Deja test press for 400 dollars, but this is wrong?

This

I am a huge Drive By Truckers fan and was bummed when no stores in my state were able to get one of the Patterson Hood 7"s for R$D. Instead of bitching online about the flippers on ebay, I instead found someone who saw one at their store and they picked one up for me. Now, I could be like you and just bitch about flippers and never listen to it, or be PROACTIVE and find a copy of it at a price I am WILLING to pay.

Maybe you should get butt hurt that your favorite bands are only releasing 500 copies of records so they can keep the demand up for it and sell them for an inflated price too :/

^ heh. It's funny that this conversation is going on on both boards (though I think I may have been misunderstood as siding AGAINST the person getting flack in this thread when I said that they're totally fine since they bought it fir themselves in the first place only to decide after that they didn't need it.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280870073986?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_500wt_1286

please get crazy!! its my listing. hope thats not against the rules. just not really a fan of this band. On the topic of flipping, I can scream til the cows come home that I hate when people flip shit that just came out. For the most part thats the whole point cause most are unopened, they dont even listen to see if they like it, just wanna cash in. I got nothing against these people, just not what I'd do.

I know it might be hypocritical of me calling out flipping then flipping this, but its from a club that sends out records so ur not gonna like every one and it came out last year. So please buy records, listen to them, decide if you like it and then sell for millions. Sorry for the rant.

Yeah, because message board respect is sooooo important. ::)

Since when is anyone obligated to sell things to people on a board? It is EXACTLY this train of thought that makes you, and the majority of the posters here little entitled babies. Period. You can try and beat around this fact with the incredibly weak and poorly thought out response of "oh you are bitching about people bitching", and I will just laugh even more because in the same post you talk aboot it being your "right to bitch aboot their non moral decision".

So once again LOL AT YOU ALL DAY!!! Please keep smiting me, as it puts a huge smile on my face...err, makes me want to kill myself.

exactly, thats why i dont give a fuck what people think of me. i dont care if you wanna call me names, i have my opinion and what i stand for and i stick to it.

also, i havent smited you once. i dont smite people cause i dont give a fuck about the karma on these boards.. it means nothing. ffs i have "smite me bro" in my fuckin personal text.

for the rest of the people that wanted to insult me or try and judge me cause i dont think what that person did was right.

[image]

have some chicken.

also, worst part is ive come to find hes someone on these boards that does this regularly.

Really? Where is your proof? If you are gunna throw someone under the bus you better be able to back it up man. Seriously, prove that this person does it regularly or admit that you made it up.

wasnt "gunna" post this, but this is a PM i got from someone who i will not name, because they were hesitant to post it in the first place cause people apparently get banned around here for calling out dirty flippers.

here is his account here now, he used to go by eriathomas (same name on ebay that is selling the 7") but deleted his account some time ago for no reason that i can recall. but wouldnt surprise me if he deleted it to hide his flipping because he never posts about what he is selling on ebay now when he used to all the time under his old username. his name now is Thomas³.

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8069

I sure am quite the flipper. I've sold maybe 10 records in my 6ish years of having an ebay account (look through my feedback). I put this up after I offered it for sale for the one person who pm'd me for it, who eneded up getting it from someone else while I was waiting for a trade that didn't pan out. So get all butt hurt all you want, because in the end who cares? I never expected more then $15 or so for it, so if this dude pays, yay for me. I've helped tons of people on this board through my years here with great deals, so why can't I make a little extra once? The extra money sure helps the $2k I've had to spend on my house the last few days.

Oh, and what I do on ebay had zero to do with why I deleted my account.

also, i love how it takes him getting called out to speak up, and how quickly he said something in response once he was named. if he was so innocent and not a flipper, youd think once he saw people talking about his listing he would speak up and say what he said to me. its obvious he was keeping close to this thread (based on how quick his reponse was) once he saw people mentioning him.

but to each his own. i would have gone into the thread where the link was originally posted and found the first person that didnt get one and pm them to sell at cost, or in his case $15 (since thats all he REALLY wants) rather then putting it up on ebay...and im the shithead. ok.