THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

So this isn't the ebay-craziest ever, the first pressing of Everything In Transit is on another listing for $995 but I thought this one was kinda funny that it's actually Jack's Mannequin's drummer selling this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jack-039-s-Mannequin-Sealed-Everything-In-Transit-Vinyl-Maverick-1st-press-RARE-i-/171181528539?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

I know it's gone for crazy amounts in the past but kinda sucks to see a dude from the band put it at that price

Same seller is also selling People and Things for $55.  Gimmie a fuckin break.  

How do you know he's the former drummer (I know bikelock was him and Bobby's former band, but could it be Bobby, or even someone else)?  Not that I don't believe you, just want to be sure before I continue lighting my torch and digging out my old pitchfork.

ok then, dont.

you dont think as a drummer in a band you would have access to back stock of your own record? obviously i dont know him or know the situation but in most cases that is the scenerio. thats why i said PROBABLY. if i was the drummer of circa survive and I had copies of juturna, i wouldnt sell them for $600, thats for sure. 

Fully agree.  The first pressing wasn't even readily sold widely (as far as I know).  He even has a line in his description that the barcode is intact, which isn't the case on most copies, as they were promo items.  Obviously members of the band got copies.  I mean if you don't want it around your house, fine, but do a twitter contest or something to give it away to a fan, selling it makes you look like a prick.  Not like the guys gotta be starving, he's still Andrew's touring drummer.

How do you know he's the former drummer (I know bikelock was him and Bobby's former band, but could it be Bobby, or even someone else)?  Not that I don't believe you, just want to be sure before I continue lighting my torch and digging out my old pitchfork.

The account was created a long while ago before Bikelock had the Jack's association, so I figured it'd have to be Jay or Bob, Bob's crazy busy on the John Legend tour... the item is also shipping from LA and sold a drum part in the past so those both say Jay. 

he has access to something like that pretty easily probably. selling it for $600 is a dick move.

STOP TRYING TO BE THE VINYL POLICE. Jesus fucking Christ, what a stupid argument. Dude should give it away because he was in the band? What a clueless remark. You have no idea what his financial situation is. He has every right to sell that record for whatever the fuck he wants. Do you get this up in arms when record label people sell old test presses and stuff on eBay too? What about when Kris Roe sold his Ataris gold record on eBay? Was that okay, because it's not a playable record?

STOP TRYING TO BE THE VINYL POLICE. Jesus fucking Christ, what a stupid argument. Dude should give it away because he was in the band? What a clueless remark. You have no idea what his financial situation is. He has every right to sell that record for whatever the fuck he wants. Do you get this up in arms when record label people sell old test presses and stuff on eBay too? What about when Kris Roe sold his Ataris gold record on eBay? Was that okay, because it's not a playable record?

In your same argument, stop being the opinion police. Am I not allowed to have my opinion that selling that record for $600 is a dick move from a band member?

Sorry officer. 

The price on this is obviously high but his description is ridiculous:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FAILURE-Fantastic-Planet-PROMO-2-Vinyl-LP-Record-AUDIOPHILE-/251406911907?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3a890509a3

Also, pressing numbers were never given for this album. I'm willing to bet there's way more than 1000 copies.

Agreed

The price on this is obviously high but his description is ridiculous:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FAILURE-Fantastic-Planet-PROMO-2-Vinyl-LP-Record-AUDIOPHILE-/251406911907?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item3a890509a3

Also, pressing numbers were never given for this album. I'm willing to bet there's way more than 1000 copies.

His reasoning is fantastic. Everyone should cut the bar code on their records before ebaying. Then it must be a promo!