THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

Dude from Bitter Melody was selling these on VC a couple weeks back for $20 for "The Pizza Underground".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131349255891?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

God damn you Macaulay Culkin!

Macaulay-Culkin-Net-Worth-1074x483.jpeg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! My wife called me sucker for buying this for like $15 or $20. HAHA. I can't believe that price.

I doubt it's going to sell at that price...

Jesus, I hope not. It's two cassettes, a cardboard box, and MAYBE MC's signature or maybe they paid their pizza delivery guy to sign his part. Who knows? Either way I have mine and I would never sell it, but I just hope someone isn't raped by this seller.

Jesus, I hope not. It's two cassettes, a cardboard box, and MAYBE MC's signature or maybe they paid their pizza delivery guy to sign his part. Who knows? Either way I have mine and I would never sell it, but I just hope someone isn't raped by this seller.

Same here dude, I remember I was sitting in my office chair asking myself, "Do I really need this" then I thought about how much of a mess M. Caulkin really is and the fact that he will probably not make it 5 more years and I was like what the heck, I do agree, I have no plans to sell mine either, it's a fun piece to have but not for $200.

• 2 weeks later...

It's never been sold on Discogs, but it was through Vinyl Collective (SRC?) so it probably cost $40 anyway. I'd go for it, since the less limited variant sells for like $35.

• 2 weeks later...

Not craziness and not specific to eBay...but this is the closest thread where I can vent.

Please grade your records conservatively.  Or just accurately.  I don't want to spend my time filling out eBay refund requests because a seller thinks EX/NM is a default grade that means "record not broken in half or three pieces".

Carry on.

Not craziness and not specific to eBay...but this is the closest thread where I can vent.

Please grade your records conservatively.  Or just accurately.  I don't want to spend my time filling out eBay refund requests because a seller thinks EX/NM is a default grade that means "record not broken in half or three pieces".

Carry on.

Similarly, don't list something on discogs under a specific variant and then put "don't know what color this is." That shit drives me bananas.

You mean:

~Regarding SEALED Records and Color Variations~
When items are listed as "SEALED..." within our notes it generally means that we cannot verify the color of the record. If color is of importance to you please inquire with us before purchase and we may be able to shed some light on the subject. Sometimes we know and sometimes we just don't and can't tell without opening the record (which we won't do - please don't ask us to open a sealed record; again, we won't). If you put an order in for a sealed record we will most likely reassert the fact that we don't know what color it may be. Sometimes color is listed and sometimes there are different catalog numbers or bar codes, but often times there are not and we cannot tell. We can only promise to be completely honest about it.

How about this from the same seller:

~WE DO NOT GRADE THE SLEEVES OF NEW VINYL~
SLEEVES ARE INCLUDED UNLESS NOTED OTHERWISE
(12" singles without sleeves withstanding)
Q: Why don't we grade the sleeves on new vinyl? A: We are a store and have a rotating stock. Sometimes there is a bend or ding in transit from the distributor. Sometimes sleeves get shelf wear in the store. Generally if the sleeve is damaged on something you've placed an order for and we notice it we'll send a note along with the shipping total. However, if it is a concern for you particularly please send note along with your order for us to check the sleeve condition.

It makes sense that you'd have to manually message a seller or buy their item before you find out whether they listed their black stock as a color variant in a bogus manner or whether the sealed M media item is in Urban Outfitters-style wolf-shred condition.  How could they possibly know these things before hand and address them in their initial listing practices?

You mean:

How about this from the same seller:

It makes sense that you'd have to manually message a seller or buy their item before you find out whether they listed their black stock as a color variant in a bogus manner or whether the sealed M media item is in Urban Outfitters-style wolf-shred condition.  How could they possibly know these things before hand and address them in their initial listing practices?

Ugh. Gross.

But yes, exactly. I just bought something from a dude saying it's an orange variant, but then it says "we don't know what color this is." In this case I don't really care because I'd honestly prefer any other variant to the orange, and it was inexpensive enough that it's whatever. Still kind of annoying though.