THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, lastvaultboy said:

Bold! What was that for?

I noticed it on a random VHS or Beta release, but this is the seller:

https://www.discogs.com/seller/RAT303/profile

If you go through his item descriptions, he seems to hit up the HMV shop in Leeds buying singles five at a time quite often.

4 hours ago, agua said:

$30 per month for 24 months with a paypal credit line? I must say that's the first time I've ever seen that on a listing (possibly hasn't reached the UK yet) but would anyone, seriously?

Edit: Apologies for the double post.

Edited by Roandy55
Double post.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Did you see the NIN collection someone auctioned off last year? It was 9 albums and they were all framed, with the records inside. Included in the 9 albums were The Fragile and Year Zero, both of which he had to CUT to make them fit in a 12" record frame.

:lol:

Missed that one - it hurts, it physically hurts. 

2 hours ago, Peateargriffin said:

I'm just gonna leave this here.

This is something else.  I definitely didn't have the patience to sit through 10 minutes of that, but I did hop around the around to make sure we didn't own any of the same albums.  All good.  The positive takeaway from this is that you now have a pretty good idea of what sort of music to avoid checking out, if you were unfamiliar with any of the artists featured in her collection.  I found one or two I'll be dodging from here on out.

3 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Did you see the NIN collection someone auctioned off last year? It was 9 albums and they were all framed, with the records inside. Included in the 9 albums were The Fragile and Year Zero, both of which he had to CUT to make them fit in a 12" record frame.

:lol:

I didn't see that, either.  How'd they cut the records to fit them in?  I've framed spare copies (variants) / jackets / 12" x 12" inserts – all of which I rotate out and back onto the shelf, settle down – but there's no way I'd stuff a double LP or even a gatefold into a shitty frame for temporary displaying.  It'd wreck the jacket.  Did they just slice the gatefold so all sleeves could be compressed flat?  That's fucked up.  Also, do you have any idea how much the lot sold for?  Wild.

22 hours ago, Reshiram454 said:

"...vinyl don't usually have the deluxe album shit."

Barely over a minute into the video and already some amazing quotes coming from this video.

I made it through about seven minutes (I'm a glutton for punishment) and the thing I cringed at the most was her calling songs "bops" it fucking killed me. And there's plenty of other material as well.

Edited by Peateargriffin

On 2/11/2017 at 1:12 PM, lastvaultboy said:

sometimes you have to.  when my amigo got the brand new deja rsd release a couple years ago in a brown paper bag to use as a  book cover, he had to cut it too make it work.

23 hours ago, Derek™ said:

This is something else.  I definitely didn't have the patience to sit through 10 minutes of that, but I did hop around the around to make sure we didn't own any of the same albums.  All good.  The positive takeaway from this is that you now have a pretty good idea of what sort of music to avoid checking out, if you were unfamiliar with any of the artists featured in her collection.  I found one or two I'll be dodging from here on out.

I'll always have a soft spot for Lana. Born to die is awesome.

1 hour ago, Skacel said:

I'll always have a soft spot for Lana. Born to die is awesome.

1 hour ago, throughbeingcruel said:

Yep

She's not for me but I know that some people on the boards dig her stuff.  I guess a couple of the albums in that video, while not for me, could squeeze by.  I think I saw an Arctic Monkeys album as well, which aren't the worst band in the world.

3 hours ago, tug said:

sometimes you have to.  when my amigo got the brand new deja rsd release a couple years ago in a brown paper bag to use as a  book cover, he had to cut it too make it work.

Your shtick couldn't be less funny anymore and you should really consider deleting your account if you get the opportunity.

13 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I think I saw an Arctic Monkeys album as well, which aren't the worst band in the world.

I don't have the stomach to watch the video, but I bet it's AM.  I'm quite a big fan of their first album and nothing after it, but AM is just insulting to those who loved their garage rock revival sound.

1 minute ago, DOMAN127 said:

I don't have the stomach to watch the video, but I bet it's AM.  I'm quite a big fan of their first album and nothing after it, but AM is just insulting to those who loved their garage rock revival sound.

Does AM have a black cover with a squiggly lined fashioned in the silhouette of eyes (or glasses)?  Because that's what I spotted in the thumbnail while scrubbing across the video's timeline.  I haven't listened to that album – or Arctic Monkeys in a long, long time – but I bet you're onto something.