THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, jerseypride said:

I'm certainly no expert and I'm sure there are many cromulent pieces in this collection, but the flexi-discs sound to me like little more than really rare bootlegs.

On 1/1/2019 at 1:59 AM, N8TRU1 said:

Oh my god. Why??? I would expect this for Mothership or Happiness but not ArSe.

hopefully people were going crazy cause it was for a charity ....

Dance Gavin Dance - Artificial Selection test press. 100% of proceeds of this auction are going to the ASPCA.

on a side note.. how do you tell if (in this instance) ASPCA gets the $1400?? do ebay follow up on this

3 hours ago, jerseypride said:

I had that collection in my watch list on eBay for over a year, and that was at least 2 years ago. No one is buying that shit.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, floyd_z said:

It probably went towards the ASPCA CEO's $600,000 salary.....

To be fair, as far as CEO salaries go and with the size of organization the ASPCA is, they're really paying that person peanuts.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

14 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

To be fair, as far as CEO salaries go and with the size of organization the ASPCA is, they're really paying that person peanuts.

True, the ASPCA is an organization that does very little to actually help animals..... https://www.activistfacts.com/organizations/american-society-for-the-prevention-of-cruelty-to-animals-aspca/

9 minutes ago, floyd_z said:

True, the ASPCA is an organization that does very little to actually help animals..... https://www.activistfacts.com/organizations/american-society-for-the-prevention-of-cruelty-to-animals-aspca/

No doubt. In all aspects of non-profit support people should keep things as local as possible.

• 4 weeks later...

Found a nice listing for a Joy Division single signed by Ian Curtis:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Joy-Division-Love-Will-Tear-Us-Apart-Signed-By-Ian-Curtis-Rare-authenticated-/312504643771

It must be rare since it was released after his suicide, and it's common knowledge that ghosts find it difficult to hold a ballpoint pen.

1 hour ago, unknown pleasures said:

Found a nice listing for a Joy Division single signed by Ian Curtis:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Joy-Division-Love-Will-Tear-Us-Apart-Signed-By-Ian-Curtis-Rare-authenticated-/312504643771

It must be rare since it was released after his suicide, and it's common knowledge that ghosts find it difficult to hold a ballpoint pen.

a full month after his death. Also his signature looks more like his pre-epileptic seizures signature than his post-epileptic seizures signature. 

2 hours ago, marc32137 said:

Not saying it’s 100% authentic but I would think it’s plausible the band could’ve had copies that early.  

Plausible there were copies of the sleeve printed in advance? Maybe.

Plausible there were copies of the sleeve printed in advance, Tony Wilson set one aside and had it signed by Ian and Ian alone, then knowing it was one of the last - possibly the last - item he ever signed, gifted it to a stranger he met at a seminar? Seems a little doubtful...

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, hori said:

Don't think there is officially a yellow version, could well be part of the clear run accidently pressed on on translucent yellow. Either way the price is insane!