THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

On 5/31/2020 at 3:14 AM, craigeduk said:

Don't think there is officially a yellow version, could well be part of the clear run accidently pressed on on translucent yellow. Either way the price is insane!

could also just be a one off made by a plant employee/mastering engineer. can't believe it sold for over a grand 

9 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

Been watching this copy of Love Buzz with great curiosity the past few days as I suspect it's a bootleg and the seller even (subtly) adds the words "repress" to the description:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NIRVANA-LOVE-BUZZ-BIG-CHEESE-VINYL-7-RARE-45-GRUNGE-SUB-POP-NUMBERED/174295164011

Also purposely obscuring the sleeve. Hard to believe there are people willing to pay that much money that are that uneducated about this record

The real copy of #28 can be found here, picture and all.

https://www.lovebuzz7.com/owners-list-1-250/#more

33 minutes ago, chiefwahoo said:

Also purposely obscuring the sleeve. Hard to believe there are people willing to pay that much money that are that uneducated about this record

The real copy of #28 can be found here, picture and all.

https://www.lovebuzz7.com/owners-list-1-250/#more

Yes, those were the three things that convinced me it was a bootleg:

1. Sticking "repress" into the description.

2. Sneakily covering the part of the sleeve that can most easily be used to identify whether it's authentic (the Alice Wheeler credit).

3. The fact that this number is already registered in the Love Buzz database, and the hand-numbered on that presumably legitimate copy is clearly different from this one so there's no chance it's the same copy being sold.

Bidding was around the $300 range for some time which honestly isn't too bad for a well-done boot of this, but the way the price jumped the past 24 hours I think whoever is bidding doesn't realize it's a fake.

Poor soul...

8 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Pause
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 0.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:19

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement: 0:05

Video Player is loading.
Play Video
Pause
Unmute

Current Time 0:00
/
Duration 0:19
Loaded: 0.00%

Stream Type LIVE
Seek to live, currently playing liveLIVE
Remaining Time -0:19

Playback Rate
1x
Chapters
  • Chapters
Descriptions
  • descriptions off, selected
Captions
  • captions settings, opens captions settings dialog
  • captions off, selected
Audio Track
Fullscreen

This is a modal window.

Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.

TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-Transparent BackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparent WindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaque
Font Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400% Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadow Font FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall Caps
Reset restore all settings to the default valuesDone
Close Modal Dialog

End of dialog window.

Advertisement: 0:05

2. Sneakily covering the part of the sleeve that can most easily be used to identify whether it's authentic (the Alice Wheeler credit).

3. The fact that this number is already registered in the Love Buzz database, and the hand-numbered on that presumably legitimate copy is clearly different from this one so there's no chance it's the same copy being sold.

Bidding was around the $300 range for some time which honestly isn't too bad for a well-done boot of this, but the way the price jumped the past 24 hours I think whoever is bidding doesn't realize it's a fake.

Poor soul...

Yeah, that "0" before the 28 is a giveaway. From what I've seen, none of the original copies had 3 digits in the 2/1 digit range. 

4 minutes ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

Yeah, that "0" before the 28 is a giveaway. From what I've seen, none of the original copies had 3 digits in the 2/1 digit range. 

Yep, that too - this one rings all the “stuff to lookout for” warning bells.

If it were the old days I’d contact the high bidder and let them know but unfortunately you can’t help folks out like that anymore since eBay started hiding usernames...

Oof, thats pretty fucked. To add to it more, the below release on Discogs, for an 'unofficial' copy, matches the matrix he mentions, SP.23 A1. As opposed to the 'sp23 A why don't you trade in those guitars for shovels...':

https://www.discogs.com/release/871693?utm_source=mobile&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=Android App

2 hours ago, unknown pleasures said:

Poor soul...

Why don't you report the item to eBay as a boot?

2 hours ago, Skacel said:

Why don't you report the item to eBay as a boot?

Because narcs are the same as cops, fucking trash.

It’s clearly a boot, if you can’t see that, or aren’t paying enough attention or simply don’t care, that’s on you for paying whatever you pay for it. It’s really easy to search out information on this type of stuff.

On 6/4/2020 at 12:39 PM, Fowty Dollaz said:

Totally unrelated note, does anyone know where I can buy several copies of this boot? https://www.discogs.com/release/871693?utm_source=mobile&utm_medium=app&utm_campaign=Android App 

I have one of these.   https://www.discogs.com/Nirvana-Love-Buzz-bw-Big-Cheese/release/4414689

25 minutes ago, cesar11 said:

100% of the proceeds from the sale of this record will go to the ActBlue Split Bail Fund which evenly divides donations between 39 different relief funds and community organisations. Nice.

2 hours ago, mitchard said:

ugh I'm going to watch this, I'm almost certain it will be too rich for my blood at the end but I'd be in at this point but I'm not going to bid early