THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

The limp-dick resident flipper is giving kudos to a band for circumventing traditional means of making money, and instead found a lazy, hamfisted approach to make a quick buck?

I’m shocked.  S h o c k e d .

Hey. We talked about this shit in another thread. 

He didn't say anything to you, so keep it civil dude. Stop being that guy. 

1 minute ago, Satan said:

Hey. We talked about this shit in another thread. 

He didn't say anything to you, so keep it civil dude. Stop being that guy. 

Not sure what thread or discussion you’re referring to, but he’s been mentioned so many times it doesn’t really matter, I suppose.

I’m just glad we can house discussions and share links / resources for a dude who was blacklisted from closed groups for doing the same shit I bust his balls for.  Vinyl Collective: when you’re here, you’re home.

3 hours ago, Oblivions said:

I’ve long maintained that the bent/crooked record store owners who flips records is a subject ripe for prime time network procedural treatment. 

“Sometimes, record store owners play dirty and flip records to keep their shop afloat and, when that happens, they’ll be there to catch you in the act. This Fall, meet THE VINYL DETECTIVES.”

Episode one:

Port of Sound Records

43 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Not sure what thread or discussion you’re referring to, but he’s been mentioned so many times it doesn’t really matter, I suppose.

I’m just glad we can house discussions and share links / resources for a dude who was blacklisted from closed groups for doing the same shit I bust his balls for.  Vinyl Collective: when you’re here, you’re home.

WHO CARES. 

Just stop being a fucking dick. Let him do his thing. You do yours. Its literally that easy. 

2 hours ago, Satan said:

WHO CARES. 

Just stop being a fucking dick. Let him do his thing. You do yours. Its literally that easy. 

I let you chirp in on that “Craziest Deal” thread a few weeks back, because I identified that the day-long bickering truly was out of control, and I was politely asked to cool things down in a private conversation.  Today is (probably) the first time I’ve given Benny any shit in 2020.  If he continued to ignore me, I think that would’ve been the end of it and we wouldn’t be having this discussion.  I’d be the mean, bored bully and would’ve left the thread alone.  But you’re feeding into the same “here we go...” eye roll that Juan is alluding to, and acting as a catalyst for what you’re trying to prevent.  Be the change you want to see, man.

But really.

Please know how sincere I am when  I implore you to fuck off and play junior moderator somewhere else.  I’m truly not in a mood for it.  PM and cry to whoever you need to if you want to put me on a leash.  I made one jab at our resident grease lord and I’m not going to pretend you have an iota of jurisdiction to weigh in on that.

”WHO CARES.”

Thanks for keeping this thread on track and clutter free.

[edit]

Since you get to have the last reply on this, I'm just gonna' edit this post to address your next responses instead of fanning the flame.  But yeah, like I said – as tantalizing as it would've been to keep that dumpster fire going, I backed off and deferred to your "alright kiddos, you both go to your rooms now!  No more arguing, ya' hear? haha" cringe-post.  It got the point across, it said what clearly needed to be said, and it gave you an opportunity to be the cool guy to wrap up the whole episode with a laugh track before credits rolled.  Whatever.  We were beating a dead horse at that point, I got it.

But to have you try the same shit after making one remark, today?  Without any back-forth?  Get out of here.  Maybe by now everyone's just accepted that stl_ben is some scuzzy guy in his 40s that lurks a music board to flip records to users who are young enough to be his kids, and maybe that's fine with you.  But dude is still a detriment to the vinyl aftermarket and yeah, every now and then I'm gonna' be snide about it.  You can literally choose to ignore it.  Like you can literally do that, dude.  It's not hard.  Literally just move on and channel your energy into something more positive.  Or you can continue to squat and pile more shit onto the shitshow in an effort to call me out and... make yourself feel better?  Add another gold star to your mod application?  Laugh atop your high horse?  Fuck if I know your reasoning.  I don't question it but I also don't stomach it.  Not when it's unwarranted.  If this thread was Ben and I going tit for tat all afternoon with nasty insults, then sure, yeah, whatever.  Roll in and be the voice of the people, and deliver an epic zinger that silences the room.  But you're encouraging me to overlook 1 post and "just be chill" while proceeding to make a scene yourself.  "Hey you fucking dick, just be chill.  You literally don't have to post.  Just move on."  If you can't see the irony there I don't know what to tell you.

Edited by Derek™
(Responding to future replies.)

24 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I let you chirp in on that “Craziest Deal” thread a few weeks back, because I identified that the day-long bickering truly was out of control, and I was politely asked to cool things down in a private conversation.  Today is (probably) the first time I’ve given Benny any shit in 2020.  If he continued to ignore me, I think that would’ve been the end of it and we wouldn’t be having this discussion.  I’d be the mean, bored bully and would’ve left the thread alone.  But you’re feeding into the same “here we go...” eye roll that Juan is alluding to, and acting as a catalyst for what you’re trying to prevent.  Be the change you want to see, man.

zc5m87wy_main_0_1200x627.jpg
15,000 offices, one goal
Putting clients first, and being their advocate. It’s what our financial...
edwardjones.com

But really.

Please know how sincere I am when  I implore you to fuck off and play junior moderator somewhere else.  I’m truly not in a mood for it.  PM and cry to whoever you need to if you want to put me on a leash.  I made one jab at our resident grease lord and I’m not going to pretend you have an iota of jurisdiction to weigh in on that.

”WHO CARES.”

Thanks for keeping this thread on track and clutter free.

You "let me" chirp in? 

Who the fuck do you think you are?  I called out your elitist bullshit then and I'm doing it now. 

I'm out. Have your last word. I wont give 2 shits. And no I wasnt derailing the thread. I was telling you to stop being a fucking asshole. Mind your own shit and stay out of other peoples business. It's called being an adult. 

I think the main issue is not “one resident flipper” but probably 5-6 at this point that make a living off of it and could care less about the music.
yes, on a larger scale it matters and fucks everything up for honest collectors - labels assume you will flip now.

its an issue regardless of you guys wanting to sweep it under the VC rug.

lazy pieces of shit such as rarelimiteds and anothers, literally make money off our PO threads and provided resources.

just because they don’t post doesn’t mean they aren’t lurking every second of every day for something new to flip and subsequently ruin the experience of obtaining a release in current and past markets.

1 hour ago, ethereal said:

I think the main issue is not “one resident flipper” but probably 5-6 at this point that make a living off of it and could care less about the music.
yes, on a larger scale it matters and fucks everything up for honest collectors - labels assume you will flip now.

its an issue regardless of you guys wanting to sweep it under the VC rug.

there's definitely more than 5-6. maybe 5-6 big ones, but tons of people use this site to flip. keeping it private and IP blocking could fix that though. 

1 hour ago, ethereal said:

No one is making a living off of flipping records.  If they are I feel sorry for the small budget they are living on.  That being said every flipper I know LOVES the product they are selling.  I flip records so that I can afford to buy other records.  AKA what collectors have been doing in the hobby for decades.  Record stores can barely stay afloat selling records, more less some guy that is buying the /100 variant of a record to flip so that he can afford a copy to keep for himself.

1 hour ago, stl_ben said:

No one is making a living off of flipping records.  If they are I feel sorry for the small budget they are living on.  That being said every flipper I know LOVES the product they are selling.  I flip records so that I can afford to buy other records.  AKA what collectors have been doing in the hobby for decades.  Record stores can barely stay afloat selling records, more less some guy that is buying the /100 variant of a record to flip so that he can afford a copy to keep for himself.

Imagine defending flipping and your only excuse is “it’s so I can buy one” ME ME ME ME ME ME