THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

I did have a photo of the record itself in the listing. The buyer sent me some more photos, I'm unsure if it's the item I sold them or not as it was hard to tell from the lighting but we came to a resolution and they accepted a 50% refund minus shipping costs and I let them keep the item. I didn't really want the record back if it is in fact damaged so although I'm out a few bucks I'm glad we were able to come up with a solution that worked for both of us. Thanks for all the advice. I wish eBay had better seller protection policies though.

Edited by illkeepyouinmind

53 minutes ago, OneThreeOneTwo said:

Missing perspective: Wait ten, fifteen, twenty years and pretty much everything under the sun will get reissued.

What is this perspective for? The issue about this hobby is the fact that you need to be aware and vigilant for drops of anything you like at all times and buy it right away. Everything has basically been reissued already lol.

I'd say the waiting game will come in handy if you're waiting for the vinyl bubble to pop though.

2 minutes ago, Shelby American said:

What is this perspective for? The issue about this hobby is the fact that you need to be aware and vigilant for drops of anything you like at all times and buy it right away. Everything has basically been reissued already lol.

I'd say the waiting game will come in handy if you're waiting for the vinyl bubble to pop though.

Yeah, with the nature of pre-orders and limited runs, you usually – but not always – have to be pretty relentless or on-the-ball to grab anything desirable these days.  But 1312 speaks truth on a grander scale – most everything seems to be reissued at some point or another.  Absolutely nothing makes me feel older than realizing a record I bought new for $20 is now receiving a 10 or 15 year anniversary edition, which is now far more affordable since OG prices skyrocketed right beneath my nose.  It's depressing.  Sort of boils down to "you snooze, you lose... for the next 5-10 years, anyway."  Barring nuclear holocaust, and not counting insanely obscure one-time DIY label releases, it will all stay in print in some form or another, and will continue to be reissued longer than we'll be alive.  How's that for a thought?

Time is a flat circle.

76b0.gif

On 8/20/2020 at 12:56 AM, Fowty Dollaz said:

She's really talented and is young enough that social media is as second nature as eating, so she has a younger crowd, thus she is more "hip."

I used to follow her on twitter but I couldn’t understand half the shit she was tweeting. I figure I’m just getting old.

1 hour ago, Shelby American said:

I don’t think the bubble will pop, more or less deflate. It has a bit in the past few years with constant reissues and represses. A lot of stuff that used to be $50-60+ on the aftermarket is only like $30 now. 

on the opposite end, when stuff becomes rare it skyrockets now. Lots of hip hop and pop presses that were limited jump straight from sold out to $100+ and don’t come down. 

Edited by museummouth

18 minutes ago, thepunkguy said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333695012332

this started at 75.00

Wow, those are some shitty pictures for someone selling one of thee rarest punk records ever. 

Maybe they're hoping to cash in so they can finally buy a decent camera or smart phone. 

5 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

Maybe they’re trying to hide condition issues...

True. Proving your point, even more, only 8/12 photos haha.

If I'm spending more than $100 on a record, and I ask for photos, I'd hope that person wasn't going to send me photos taken with a 2 megapixel iPhone 1. 

5 minutes ago, V3XED said:

Question, is that compilation an actually legit press? Seems nuts they did a 'real' run of only 12.

But, it really is a great greatest hits, listened to that sucker on my ipod constantly back in the day

Yeah I’m confused. What’s the difference between the eBay listing and the ones available on discogs for a lot cheaper?

9 minutes ago, V3XED said:

Question, is that compilation an actually legit press? Seems nuts they did a 'real' run of only 12.

But, it really is a great greatest hits, listened to that sucker on my ipod constantly back in the day

It's a great collection. From Wiki FYI

Legacy of Brutality is a compilation album of early songs by the American punk rock band The Misfits, released in September 1985. The album contains overdubbed mixes of previously unreleased songs, mainly from the January–February 1978 Static Age sessions. Besides the Box Set, this is the only official album to contain the songs "American Nightmare" and "Who Killed Marilyn?".

This compilation was one of the first (aside from bootlegs) to release many of the Static Age songs to the public. Glenn Danzig, having written all of the songs himself, mixed and produced the album, and overdubbed many tracks from the original song recordings with his own instrumental tracks, creating new versions of the featured songs.

9 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

I should have read the eBay description before posting...

So was the pink a planned press of 16 or was it just the transition between the white and red when the plant was pressing the records?
It sounds like the mysterious blue tinted versions of Deftones Diamond Eyes that are out there. 

Wow, bid up that high in just 1 day. That is impressive. I guess people with that kind of cash aren't worried about sniping to try and save a buck (or a few thousand). So I should just buy this and then when I receive it take a picture of my black copy and pretend that is what i received and file a Ebay/Paypal item not as described claim right?

This is why I'd have such a hard time selling anything of real value on ebay/paypal. Although I'd hope the law would get involved with something that pricey.

I enjoy watching insanely rare LP's being auctioned on eBay. This was one. Saw it toward the end of the auction and watched it finish. Pretty crazy the jump at the end. You plebeians don't know anything about this. Ha.  I hadn't heard of the band and never seen the record either. Streamed it a couple times. Definitely wild and somewhat distinct for 1968 coming from Israel.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Churchills-Self-Titled-Psych-RARE-Holy-Grail-Orig-Hed-Arzi-Israel-Press-/184364230945?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=ni7eu2wSOpBEATAr03G0FXpTDuU%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

Stream the whole album. It's good:

On 8/19/2020 at 12:47 PM, Derek™ said:

Not everyone has the opportunity to watch Reddit and social media feeds while they work 40 hours a week.  Sites like Mondo see committed flippers using bots to checkout at inhuman speeds, giving them a clear advantage over “everyone [with] the same opportunity”.  Your argument is weak and you should feel bad.

Yeah, I feel terrible.  How am I ever going to sleep at night.

Grow up kid, the world isn't always fair. Get over it already.

On 8/21/2020 at 6:11 PM, Skacel said:

I should have read the eBay description before posting...

So was the pink a planned press of 16 or was it just the transition between the white and red when the plant was pressing the records?
It sounds like the mysterious blue tinted versions of Deftones Diamond Eyes that are out there. 

This is from an older sale on popsike:

Between the red and white vinyl pressings, Glenn did not have the stampers cleaned, causing 16 of the 1000 colored vinyl copies to turn out pink.

Glenn has explained that there were 3 variants that qualified as pink: very light pink vinyl with pink blotches and red streaks, pale pink vinyl, and a darker "bubblegum" pink color.

https://www.popsike.com/THE-MISFITS-Legacy-of-brutality-PINK-Vinyl-LP-HC-Punk-DANZIG/261570895754.html

5 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

Yeah, I feel terrible.  How am I ever going to sleep at night.

Grow up kid, the world isn't always fair. Get over it already.

“There are problems in the world but instead of discussing them or shining a light on what causes them, everyone should just shut up and accept that life doesn’t always pan out.”

Sound logic and a pertinent bump to the thread.  You must’ve been relentless in debate class.

[edit]

Didn’t Juan basically wrap this whole tangent up with “flippers gonna’ flip?” and ask everyone to stay on topic?  Why are you bringing this up after 4 days?  To me, it suggests you seldom check VC – which is fine, and a lot healthier than the amount of time I frequent the boards myself – which also implies you probably miss out on a fair bit of limited releases.  If that’s the norm for you, and you’re used to just bending over for inflated aftermarket prices, that’s your own problem.  I don’t accept that as the way the world turns.  I’ve set early alarms and taken late breaks just to secure a pre-order or limited variant, and been stoked as fuck about it.  I doubt I’m alone.  I have a spine on this topic because I’m not one to roll over and shrug after Mondo bots end a drop in 50 seconds and half of the stock is on eBay an hour later.  If that’s you, that’s fine.  I’m not looking to change how you feel about FOMO, limited releases, or flippers.  But dismissing someone’s passion or argument with “oh well, that’s the way the cookie crumbles.  Deal with it” is super weak.

Edited by Derek™