THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

8 hours ago, jerseypride said:

This is from an older sale on popsike:

Between the red and white vinyl pressings, Glenn did not have the stampers cleaned, causing 16 of the 1000 colored vinyl copies to turn out pink.

Glenn has explained that there were 3 variants that qualified as pink: very light pink vinyl with pink blotches and red streaks, pale pink vinyl, and a darker "bubblegum" pink color.

https://www.popsike.com/THE-MISFITS-Legacy-of-brutality-PINK-Vinyl-LP-HC-Punk-DANZIG/261570895754.html

Cool, thanks for the info. Not sure I’d be dropping thousands for one of those “variants” but to each their own.

On 8/23/2020 at 5:31 PM, Skacel said:

Cool, thanks for the info. Not sure I’d be dropping thousands for one of those “variants” but to each their own.

Damn, in the last 10 seconds it went from $14,700.00 to over $22k.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Misfits-LEGACY-OF-BRUTALITY-Plan-9-PL9-06-Pink-w-Red-VINYL-1986-1-of-16-Rare-/333695012332?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=9He%2BN32tK7CVSc5IiDhMoegs9DA%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

1 hour ago, jerseypride said:

I ended up watching the last minute too. Insane! It must be nice to be able to drop $22k on a single record!

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else noticed stuff like below going for INSANE amounts of money during the pandemic? 

https://www.popsike.com/Finch-What-It-Is-to-Burn-RARE-115-VINYL-TEST-PRESS-Original-Release-on-DTR/143716112548.html

About 8x what it (several copies) went for a few years back.

https://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?searchtext=finch+what+it+is+to+burn+test&sortord=

1 hour ago, wellnow said:

I should have got one and turned it into Hyper Light Drifter.

21 hours ago, MCDELTAT said:

Don't even mention that. It was always a little out of my price range new at $80 and even cassettes that I know no one listens to are like $50.

but thats everything not just records and tapes.  just look at how much money people spend on those ugly pop vinyl figures that they dont play with and  are gonna go the way of beanie babies and be worthless soon.

On 9/11/2020 at 6:29 PM, wellnow said:

The copy he sold went for $259.95 not $999.95, FWIW.

16 hours ago, linksisfromcanada said:

I've had 3 auctions in the last month that offered me a Second Chance, likely because the seller had their friend  bid up the item with no intention to actually pay that amount. This must be a pandemic thing, right?

Shill bidding has been happening since the early days of eBay.

16 hours ago, linksisfromcanada said:

I've had 3 auctions in the last month that offered me a Second Chance, likely because the seller had their friend  bid up the item with no intention to actually pay that amount. This must be a pandemic thing, right?

31 minutes ago, somethingvinyl said:

Shill bidding has been happening since the early days of eBay.

Shitty bidders too.

2 hours ago, MyEnemy said:

Shitty bidders too.

Actually had someone buy a record via Buy It Now a couple months ago. I messaged them after the PayPal confirmation since it was late on a Friday to let them know it would go out on Monday, and they messaged back "Oh sorry, can you cancel it? My kid was playing with my phone." Pretty sure it was buyers remorse but still equally annoying.