THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

5 minutes ago, floyd_z said:

It doesn't help that ebay does absolutely nothing to users who don't pay

Yep. A non-paying buyer can literally hold the seller hostage for over a month simply by not responding to payment reminders, messages, unpaid claims. eBay blows in that regard.

Some sellers will extend Second Chance Offers if they happen to have multiple copies of something as well. Even if the winning bidder pays they figure they can unload their other one for a few bucks less.

On 8/27/2020 at 4:05 PM, Michaelgetsboss said:

Not sure how many people here are familiar with Halloween Horror Nights but they just had songs from the houses pressed on red vinyl limited to 500 and it’s going for pretty crazy amounts on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333701034964

I go yearly and have never seen this on site! Crazy price though. I'll keep an eye out next time they have one! Thanks!

On 8/27/2020 at 7:05 PM, Michaelgetsboss said:

Not sure how many people here are familiar with Halloween Horror Nights but they just had songs from the houses pressed on red vinyl limited to 500 and it’s going for pretty crazy amounts on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333701034964

I used to go to this event annually. I miss it so much. 👻

I have several of Midnight Syndicate’s CDs, and would LOVE to have this, but NOT at that price. 🤑

15 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

I used to go to this event annually. I miss it so much. 👻

I have several of Midnight Syndicate’s CDs, and would LOVE to have this, but NOT at that price. 🤑

I managed to get one for around $200 and when I played it, it reminded me of waiting in hour long queues lol. Still stoked to have it though.

12 hours ago, Michaelgetsboss said:

I managed to get one for around $200 and when I played it, it reminded me of waiting in hour long queues lol. Still stoked to have it though.

Where was this sold at retail?

Did this thing pop up in the gift shop at Universal Orlando in August/September?

Or were these supposed to come out during the event that was cancelled this year?

33 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

Where was this sold at retail?

Did this thing pop up in the gift shop at Universal Orlando in August/September?

Or were these supposed to come out during the event that was cancelled this year?

It was sold at the Horror Nights Tribute Store in Universal Orlando earlier this month. All 500 copies sold out on the first day and it was confirmed that it won't be repressed.

I miss the event as well. They opened a couple houses during the daytime as a test run over the weekend and they may be doing it again throughout the rest of the season. Rumor is something will be announced today about it.

2 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

It was sold at the Horror Nights Tribute Store in Universal Orlando earlier this month. All 500 copies sold out on the first day and it was confirmed that it won't be repressed.

I miss the event as well. They opened a couple houses during the daytime as a test run over the weekend and they may be doing it again throughout the rest of the season. Rumor is something will be announced today about it.

Thank YOU for the very detailed information. 😊

I don’t know when I will make it back down there. That used to be a yearly trip for me, for like a decade.

I am watching one of the Covid masks on E-bay. 😄

2 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

Thank YOU for the very detailed information. 😊

96164bd89e98eed7c3d88f81d51db4fd5f.jpg?w=90&h=70&fit=crop&crop=center&fm=jpg
Testosterone Trick Leaves Wives Speechless
5 Ingredients for Masculine Energy
mensdrivingforce.com

I don’t know when I will make it back down there. That used to be a yearly trip for me, for like a decade.

9fae4be1498ceef03f3317a5cffd7a018d.jpg?w=90&h=70&fit=crop&crop=center&fm=jpg
At 89, Clint Eastwood Now Sadly Lives In This Modest House

tradingblvd.com

I am watching one of the Covid masks on E-bay. 😄

You can buy the Jack one (and other HHN merch) here:

https://shop.universalorlando.com/shop/shop-by-brands/halloween-horror-nights?#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&facetLimit:&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&

Took me a second to realize you were talking about HHN at Universal, haha. I was born and raised in Melbourne, FL (about 1.5 hours from Orlando). Was there for 19 years, went to college in the panhandle and lived in the state until I was 24. Been to Universal a handful of times, never once made it to HHN.

On 9/21/2020 at 5:21 PM, lethalenforcer said:

Yep. A non-paying buyer can literally hold the seller hostage for over a month simply by not responding to payment reminders, messages, unpaid claims. eBay blows in that regard.

Some sellers will extend Second Chance Offers if they happen to have multiple copies of something as well. Even if the winning bidder pays they figure they can unload their other one for a few bucks less.

I honestly think some people bid, win, and don't pay hoping that the seller will mess up and send the item on accident.

Has anyone ever bid on and won and item only to have the seller cancel and RELIST the exact same item at a higher price hours later?

It just happened to me. I spotted a rare album I've been looking for. Bid more than I wanted to, won, paid immediately and a couple hours later I received a message from the person saying they were going to cancel my order. I checked their auctions and sure enough, there was the same album I just paid for, relisted at $50 more. I messaged them asking why my order was being cancelled (still hasn't happened yet), and their response was that they paid too much for it and wanted more money. I called them out on it and said I would leave positive feedback if they just continued with my original auction win and payment. If not, I would try to contact eBay and dispute it. They removed the new listing and their final response was "Sorry bud hanging onto record. Dispute then. Will put on discogs instead. No biggie."

I'm now refreshing Discogs to see if they post it. So fucking livid right now.

To note: I've been en eBay member since 1998 with 100% positive feedback. I've never once dealt with shit like this. A quick search shows that eBay won't do fuck all for things like this lately. eBay forums just say leave negative feedback and find another seller. Fuck off. Like I can find another seller for a rare item.

Edited by angryalan

3 minutes ago, angryalan said:

Has anyone ever bid on and won and item only to have the seller cancel and RELIST the exact same item at a higher price hours later?

It just happened to me. I spotted a rare album I've been looking for. Bid more than I wanted to, won, paid immediately and a couple hours later I received a message from the person saying they were going to cancel my order. I checked their auctions and sure enough, there was the same album I just paid for, relisted at $50 more. I messaged them asking why my order was being cancelled (still hasn't happened yet), and their response was that they paid too much for it and wanted more money. I called them out on it and said I would leave positive feedback if they just continued with my original auction win and payment. If not, I would try to contact eBay and dispute it. They removed the new listing and their final response was "Sorry bud hanging onto record. Dispute then. Will put on discogs instead. No biggie."

To note: I've been en eBay member since 1998 with 100% positive feedback. I've never once dealt with shit like this. A quick search shows that eBay won't do fuck all for things like this lately. eBay forums just say leave negative feedback and find another seller. Fuck off. Like I can find another seller for a rare item.

Oh yeah. Just last week I nabbed something for $60 (buy it now) and later that night they canceled it and listed it for $150.  Some people are idiots and choose auction format (without reserve) when they actually have a minimum price in mind.  Or in my case, someone listed something without researching how much it actually typically goes for.

Nothing you can do, unfortunately. eBay doesn’t really seem to ding sellers for canceling orders or buyers for not paying.

5 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Oh yeah. Just last week I nabbed something for $60 (buy it now) and later that night they canceled it and listed it for $150.  Some people are idiots and choose auction format (without reserve) when they actually have a minimum price in mind.  Or in my case, someone listed something without researching how much it actually typically goes for.

Nothing you can do, unfortunately. eBay doesn’t really seem to ding sellers for canceling orders or buyers for not paying.

People fucking suck.

2 hours ago, angryalan said:

Wow man.  What a shitty person.  They probably listed it hoping it would get a ton of bids and sell for higher.  If that's the case, why not put a reserve on it?  

I'm pretty much done with ebay.  They take down my auctions for being "unauthorized releases" yet let other sellers keep the same items up.  Not saying I'm in the right, but at least be consistent.  Ordinary sellers also aren't allowed to sell certain items any more because of "price gouging", even if it's below retail, only premium store sellers can list those items.   Plus with all the fees it's just not really worth my time anymore.  I've just been selling stuff on marketplace, people pick it up and pay cash.  I bet marketplace is starting to eat into ebay's market share for sure, especially now that you can ship things.

1 hour ago, floyd_z said:

Wow man.  What a shitty person.  They probably listed it hoping it would get a ton of bids and sell for higher.  If that's the case, why not put a reserve on it?  

I'm pretty much done with ebay.  They take down my auctions for being "unauthorized releases" yet let other sellers keep the same items up.  Not saying I'm in the right, but at least be consistent.  Ordinary sellers also aren't allowed to sell certain items any more because of "price gouging", even if it's below retail, only premium store sellers can list those items.   Plus with all the fees it's just not really worth my time anymore.  I've just been selling stuff on marketplace, people pick it up and pay cash.  I bet marketplace is starting to eat into ebay's market share for sure, especially now that you can ship things.

The unauthorized releases are the rights holders generally, put up a Metallica boot it's going to get taken down, pick an artist who doesn't care or have the money to patrol ebay and they don't get policed. 

I've had a really crappy last couple of months with shill bidding (one had a $10,000 retracted bid) plaguing more than a couple of auctions I was interested in, but then I scored a major want last week for a good price and I'm back in. 

https://www.popsike.com/Joan-Of-Arc-A-Portable-Model-Of-TEST-PRESSING-Capn-Jazz-Promise-Ring-Emo-/392954326131.html

Edited by linksisfromcanada

15 hours ago, angryalan said:

Good luck leaving negative feedback after your order is canceled. 

21 hours ago, NapalmBrain said:

The unauthorized releases are the rights holders generally, put up a Metallica boot it's going to get taken down, pick an artist who doesn't care or have the money to patrol ebay and they don't get policed. 

Yeah very true.  Mine are usually Pink Floyd boots, ocassionally Zeppelin.  I'm sure both have people that only scour the internet looking for boots.  I think it probably also depends on the country of origin... I believe some countries like Italy have little to no copyright laws.

I guess the thing that bugs me is that other sellers from the U.S. have the same items for sale and are not taken down.  Maybe it's the wording in the description?  (unofficial, unauthorized, etc?)  Who knows?

18 hours ago, floyd_z said:

Yeah very true.  Mine are usually Pink Floyd boots, ocassionally Zeppelin.  I'm sure both have people that only scour the internet looking for boots.  I think it probably also depends on the country of origin... I believe some countries like Italy have little to no copyright laws.

I guess the thing that bugs me is that other sellers from the U.S. have the same items for sale and are not taken down.  Maybe it's the wording in the description?  (unofficial, unauthorized, etc?)  Who knows?

Yeah, eBay flags stuff based on keywords - it's usually not an actual person searching out bootlegs, just listings that use certain words that pop up for moderators. See how other sellers are describing them and copy that

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno, maybe this is an original "90s" Sub Pop sticker... but even if it is, $188 is a lot of bones for something that's basically identical to something they still throw in for free with pretty much any online order to this day:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/90s-SUB-POP-sticker/383700365255

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, mitchard said:

It's normal now. Prices have been rising for years, but they have gone insane in the last year alone.

as for a collector of the original singles, it's been heartbreaking to know, that after that Cough / Cool sold for like 12k a few months ago, I wil now never officially find one for a semi / not insane price..

ugh.  (and to think, I was only two away for completing..)