THE OFFICIAL EBAY CRAZINESS THREAD

You may want to bookmark CollectorsFrenzy.com as well. Same as PopSike but you there's no limit on how much you can look up.

Actually, Popsike only lets you do something like 20-30 searches a day. But you can register a couple usernames with different emails to get around it.

Haha, I know, but it's easier to just browse CF without having to worry about making any accounts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Sound-of-Animals-Fighting-Ocean-And-The-Sun-7-Vinyl-LP-/261008415301?pt=Musi c_on_Vinyl&hash=item3cc5505a45#ht_500wt_1413

ARE THEY FOR SERIOUS???

the person selling that posts here. he seemed so happy to finally get a copy of it, then put it up for trade here with no luck but had a few people who wanted to just buy it from him, ignored those people wanting to buy it here and proceeded to throw it on ebay. either that or he bought two copies so he could flip at least one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Sound-of-Animals-Fighting-Ocean-And-The-Sun-7-Vinyl-LP-/261008415301?pt=Musi c_on_Vinyl&hash=item3cc5505a45#ht_500wt_1413

ARE THEY FOR SERIOUS???

the person selling that posts here. he seemed so happy to finally get a copy of it, then put it up for trade here with no luck but had a few people who wanted to just buy it from him, ignored those people wanting to buy it here and proceeded to throw it on ebay. either that or he bought two copies so he could flip at least one.

fuck that. wasnt that the price of the entire bundle?

this is the shit im talking about. when theres multiple people here that i know want to listen to this but cant afford the cost because of some shitty flipper. whats this persons account here?

this is the shit im talking about. when theres multiple people here that i know want to listen to this but cant afford the cost because of some shitty flipper. whats this persons account here?

BOO FUCKING HOO!

Seriously, you people bitch aboot every little thing. If you won it for $5 you would come on here and brag aboot how ebay is the best, but since you don't like the price DICTATED BY THE BUYER, NOT THE SELLER, you whine and moan.

Flippers >>> whining, entitled hobbyists

Always.

^ THIS makes me re-consider my stance on flipping to a slight degree. What it comes down to once again are how those who buy product to let it SIT on the shelf instead of listening to it are the ones contributing to inflated prices - if a seller starts an item at $.99 without a reserve, can they really be blamed for overzealous folk who drive it up?

I can give two shits less at this point as long as they don't throw it in my face on this board 5 minutes after buying it. Otherwise this is the game.

There are people on here who think attacking flippers is some sort of righteous cause. Honestly, it's a waste of time and you should apply your energy to something worthwhile rather than a material pursuit.

I can give two shits less at this point as long as they don't throw it in my face on this board 5 minutes after buying it. Otherwise this is the game.

There are people on here who think attacking flippers is some sort of righteous cause. Honestly, it's a waste of time and you should apply your energy to something worthwhile rather than a material pursuit.

pretty much exactly this.

BOO FUCKING HOO!

Seriously, you people bitch aboot every little thing. If you won it for $5 you would come on here and brag aboot how ebay is the best, but since you don't like the price DICTATED BY THE BUYER, NOT THE SELLER, you whine and moan.

Flippers >>> whining, entitled hobbyists

Always.

BOO FUCKING HOO!

Seriously, youre bitching about someone bitching. Do you not see the irony in that? If I won it for $5, I would listen to it until the record didnt play anymore, or sell it to someone else here at cost that really wants this on vinyl. Sadly, because its $96, i will probably never get the chance to own this. I know the buyer sets the price, people are fucking stupid, and drive the price up for no reason, but its the dudes fault in the first place for putting it on ebay to flip it around instead of helping someone out on the boards. But i guess its his record so its his right to do whatever the fuck he wants with it, just like its my right to complain about his poor moral decision.

Whining entitled hobbyists >>>>>>>>>>> People complaining about them, always

Yeah, because message board respect is sooooo important. ::)

Since when is anyone obligated to sell things to people on a board? It is EXACTLY this train of thought that makes you, and the majority of the posters here little entitled babies. Period. You can try and beat around this fact with the incredibly weak and poorly thought out response of "oh you are bitching about people bitching", and I will just laugh even more because in the same post you talk aboot it being your "right to bitch aboot their non moral decision".

So once again LOL AT YOU ALL DAY!!! Please keep smiting me, as it puts a huge smile on my face...err, makes me want to kill myself.

No one of course HAS to sell or trade to people on the board but this is a collective where people try to help each other with something we all enjoy. Can't tell you how many times on here you see people buying something for someone else who doesn't have access to the record just to help them out. That's the idea of this board and flippers just go against that.

Its the people who go out and buy several copies of the Mae record on RSD and within an hour or two start a topic trying to sell both of them for 55 bucks each (cough...BGdesign). Just don't do it here. Go on ebay get your money. Flippers on VC just go against the spirit of what I believe this board to be.

People are going to do what people are going to do, no one is obligated to uphold another person's "moral" standards. It is true that the buyer dictates the value and even more unfortunately true that idiots drive up the price. I've gotten mad that I didn't get a record but then logic kicks in and tells me it's just a record. I understand people who feel like vinyl collecting should be a community in which everyone is noble and helps everyone else out but that's not reality. Most you can do is try to bolster the community through the way you conduct yourself instead of complaining about anyone counter to that. In before cool story bro.

When I signed up for this board, I did it for information and to discuss t3h vinlys. I eventually did some buying, selling, and trading, but I never once felt that was the purpose of this place...still don't. Sure, it is awesome when someone helps you out by hooking you up (just ask the 10 or so posters I bought RSD things for and sold them for little to no profit...closer to no since I drive a conversion van 30 minutes each way to my store) but the expectation of that is where I feel the entitlement problem lies.

People are going to do what people are going to do, no one is obligated to uphold another person's "moral" standards. It is true that the buyer dictates the value and even more unfortunately true that idiots drive up the price. I've gotten mad that I didn't get a record but then logic kicks in and tells me it's just a record. I understand people who feel like vinyl collecting should be a community in which everyone is noble and helps everyone else out but that's not reality. Most you can do is try to bolster the community through the way you conduct yourself instead of complaining about anyone counter to that. In before cool story bro.

Best post in the thread other than my own. ;) +fucking1!